Connecticut school shooting

[quote name='DaveS' timestamp='1355538047' post='860490']Folks, the sad thing of this whole situation (besides the loss of inocent lives) is that everywhere any of us carry somewhat concealed and printing, or carrying open, we're gonna get the law called on us by someone who thinks we're up to no good. Do we continue to carry or lay off for a few days? I think I'm gonna back off for a bit.   Dave S[/quote] Hell no. Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

Folks, the sad thing of this whole situation (besides the loss of inocent lives) is that everywhere any of us carry somewhat concealed and printing, or carrying open, we're gonna get the law called on us by someone who thinks we're up to no good. Do we continue to carry or lay off for a few days? I think I'm gonna back off for a bit.

Dave S

In some parts of the country, maybe. In TN (or at least SE TN), I don't see a tragedy like this changing much of the opinions here. Sure, if someone is already antigun, they may be a little more strongly antigun right now. Personally, I am reminded of my duty to the country (constitutionally speaking) and my loved ones to carry. Perhaps take a little bit more time to conceal compared to most of the time. 

Also, sometimes you have copycats.

[quote name='CZ9MM' timestamp='1355538510' post='860496']   Folks, the sad thing of this whole situation (besides the loss of inocent lives) is that everywhere any of us carry somewhat concealed and printing, or carrying open, we're gonna get the law called on us by someone who thinks we're up to no good. Do we continue to carry or lay off for a few days? I think I'm gonna back off for a bit.   Dave S     In some parts of the country, maybe. In TN (or at least SE TN), I don't see a tragedy like this changing much of the opinions here. Sure, if someone is already antigun, they may be a little more strongly antigun right now. Personally, I am reminded of my duty to the country (constitutionally speaking) and my loved ones to carry. Perhaps take a little bit more time to conceal compared to most of the time.    Also, sometimes you have copycats.[/quote] I carry legally so I really don't give a damn what other people think. I also carry concealed so as not to spook people. I'm NOT going any farther than that to make THEM feel all warm and fuzzy. Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Folks, the sad thing of this whole situation (besides the loss of inocent lives) is that everywhere any of us carry somewhat concealed and printing, or carrying open, we're gonna get the law called on us by someone who thinks we're up to no good. Do we continue to carry or lay off for a few days? I think I'm gonna back off for a bit.

Dave S

Of course you do Dave :)  What a shock...   :surrender:

I'm not going to go unarmed anywhere...  if that scares some sheeple then so be it.  Better they be scared than me be without a firearm when I need it.

Dave S

Dave, what if the day comes while you're not carrying that you really need to be? What if you find yourself in a position where you need to defend yourself and you can't? 

Don't let them win, brother.

[quote name='DaddyO' timestamp='1355538692' post='860500']I may have to be a bit more careful about it, but I'm still going to carry, just as I did all day today.[/quote] Any of you law abiding citizens stop carrying..... They win. WTF? Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Dave, what if the day comes while you're not carrying that you really need to be? What if you find yourself in a position where you need to defend yourself and you can't? 

Don't let them win, brother.

I understand...

Dave S

I pray that there are no more mass shootings in this country.

I also pray that if I am present where a mass shooting begins, that I would be armed and able to do something about it.

The first is a Hope Against Hope Prayer, the second is an Action Prayer.

• Like 1

I will open carry everywhere I go tomorrow.  

We could back off if we wanted, but my opinion is that we should meet this leftist agenda with the most amount of IMMEDIATE resistance as possible.  The Liberals are gearing up for a battle of epic proportions.  My suggestion is that we do the same.  

We better get ready for a fight.  The Liberal's are going to come at us with everything they got.  

It has already started.  I really hope that the Republican's in the House do not roll over this time.  

Guest Longshot1
You see, we get it. There are just not enough of us left to make the difference. It was on the watch of my generation. I can't even recognize what has become of the greatest nation in history. Teachers carrying guns? Trained in the use of a handgun? Absurd? We can't predict when the evil of man will present itself next. But we can be ready. Shame on those who are not.

I will open carry everywhere I go tomorrow.  

We could back off if we wanted, but my opinion is that we should meet this leftist agenda with the most amount of IMMEDIATE resistance as possible.  The Liberals are gearing up for a battle of epic proportions.  My suggestion is that we do the same.  

We better get ready for a fight.  The Liberal's are going to come at us with everything they got.  

It has already started.  I really hope that the Republican's in the House do not roll over this time.  

I've only opened carried maybe twice....

I think I will carry tomorrow...and OPEN CARRY at that...I hope it's not be a mistake or disrespectful to the folks that lost children!

Dave S

Edited by DaveS
[quote name='DaveS' timestamp='1355539809' post='860529'] I will open carry everywhere I go tomorrow.     We could back off if we wanted, but my opinion is that we should meet this leftist agenda with the most amount of IMMEDIATE resistance as possible.  The Liberals are gearing up for a battle of epic proportions.  My suggestion is that we do the same.     We better get ready for a fight.  The Liberal's are going to come at us with everything they got.     It has already started.  I really hope that the Republican's in the House do not roll over this time.   I've only opened carried maybe twice.... I think I will carry tomorrow...and OPEN CARRY at that...I hope it's not be a mistake or disrespectful to the folks that lost children!   Dave S[/quote] It won't be disrespectful when someone sees you carrying. Calm and collected. Vigilant. By the time you leave their sight, you will have shown them that you were there and ready to protect. You had a pistol and nobody got hurt. They might even think they were a little safer because you were there. This is the kind of social encounters we need. Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 1

Folks, here it is, 9:02 pm, and those poor children are still laying in the school. The parents are so distrout, because the police have not allowed the removal of their little bodies. This pi**** me off like no tomorrow!!!!

They know the victims, the shooter....let the parents have their children for god's sake!!

Dave S

@ Dave I don't think it's disrespectful at all, there is no doubt in my mind that any respectable gun owner would've thrust himself right in the middle, putting himself at risk to intervene in a situation like that.

Hell, I wish everywhere I went there were at least 10 people open carrying, because more times than not, the good guys would out number the loons.

• Like 1
[quote name='Dolomite_supafly' timestamp='1355512057' post='860130']Hate to say if but this is going to be used as the beginning to the end of gun ownership. Once small children have been killed emotions take over. This was the same type of event in both Australia and England for their sweeping gun control. I hope it doesn't but I suspect this might be too much. Dolomite[/quote] Never give up. Reading too many quotes like this. Never give in.
[quote name='DaveS' timestamp='1355540772' post='860543']Folks, here it is, 9:02 pm, and those poor children are still laying in the school. The parents are so distrout, because the police have not allowed the removal of their little bodies. This pi**** me off like no tomorrow!!!! They know the victims, the shooter....let the parents have their children for god's sake!!   Dave S[/quote] I stopped watching and listening to the reports. Is this true???! Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Scenario1, I am visiting friends in Newtown, Conn today. I ride with one of them for a conference at Sandy Hook School. I am carrying but have a Tn. HCP.

Your permit is no good in CT and it's not even a "shall issue" state.

Probably saving lives with your gun would just be a good deed that would not go unpunished there -- at the least, the liberal spin would likely manage to lump you into being part of the mindset that caused the event in the first place.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name='DaveS' timestamp='1355541746' post='860559'] I stopped watching and listening to the reports. Is this true???! Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2 Yes it is. The childrens bodies are still laying where they fell. Very damn sad!   Dave S[/quote] Oh lord. I don't know what to say. I just can't imagine. Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Words are not enough.  Those poor kids, and now those traumatized families.  I have said several prayers today for them.

On the issue of gun control - these things seem to happen where guns are banned.    Easy pickings for the sick minded criminals.  

I don't post here much but I'm here almost every day lately.

In light of the events that happened, I'm ready to start a movement to allow qualified teachers to carry guns at school. I'm going to start with my local school board and go from there.

We need to push this point because we know what the real problem is, gun free zones.

Feel free to PM me If you'd like to help me with this movement.