How long until the panick buying starts?

Caster

LOL at the mag sales between yesterday and today. I think most major online vendors have effectively been cleaned out of all 30 round PMag inventories. The panic is definitely in full effect. How do you ban guns when the entire country's inventories are being depleted as we speak?

I've been looking at stripped lowers online.  They have gone from a few left, to absolutely zero.  I wish I had bought a few spares while I could.  I spoke to a couple vendors that said they will get more in, its just a matter of minutes before they sell out.  

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."  That's from a book written in 1841 called Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds, which chronicles various investment manias from the 16th to early 19th centuries.  Gun owners would do well to remember these words, but I doubt they will, because nobody else does.  A lot of gun owners right now are like the guy who buys milk and bread 24 hours before the storm hits. 

Cheaper than dirt is selling Pmags for $60.  This is hilarious.

• Like 2

That is a shame.  I admitted earlier that I got in on the panic buying Friday.  One thing I did get was 10 Pmags, but at normal price.  I just checked the vendor and they are all gone.

Guest bkelm18

I welcome the buying frenzy. That's just more guns in the hands of the people. I was at Academy earlier and witnessed several people who sounded like they were buying their first gun. I say good for them.

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."  That's from a book written in 1841 called Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds, which chronicles various investment manias from the 16th to early 19th centuries.  Gun owners would do well to remember these words, but I doubt they will, because nobody else does.  A lot of gun owners right now are like the guy who buys milk and bread 24 hours before the storm hits. 

You are correct. I was online at Midway USA yesterday with a basket full of "stuff" and I took a minute to look at my inventory and realized that I still had items from the great 2008 scare. These are items that I probably won't use any time soon just sitting there. Long story short, I emptied the shopping cart. I'll take my chances. Besides, my butt still throbs from what I allowed CTD to do to me four years ago.
That is a shame.  I admitted earlier that I got in on the panic buying Friday.  One thing I did get was 10 Pmags, but at normal price.  I just checked the vendor and they are all gone.

I got the PMags during the summer when everyone was practically giving them away.

You could have gotten a chrome lined M4 from PSA for $399 minus BCG and charging handle (blem lower, full LPK with stock, M4 Chrome lined upper) on Black Friday, and that was AFTER there was a buying frenzy. 

Just to note the "mood" of the country.  My in-laws, who are Obama voters (yeah, I love them anyway) and have always been VERY nervous about guns, went and bought a Beretta 92FS and 38 snubbie two weeks ago, which was before even the Clackamas Mall Shooting.  I was stunned when they asked me what I thought of their purchases.  Both their daughters married gun nuts, so maybe they are just coming around, but I think the sense a change in the country.  I have heard an awful lot about first time gun shoppers since the election. 

In fairness, I don't know if they voted Obama this time, but they did in 08.  My mother-in-law still praises Jimma Carter. 

I was at the Outpost and Speciality Arms today after lunch and both places were very busy, many looking at AR's. Several were purchasing handguns in the time I was there.

Got a little pressure from the Outpost salesman's saying that BHO was going to ban anything that held more than ten rounds in a magazine.  :waiting:

This in from Buds:

We are sending this email to any and all customers who have placed an order onwww.BudsGunShop.com in the past month.  Many of you have been customers of ours for years, have placed multiple orders with us, and therefore understand that any delays in shipping or customer service you may have experienced recently are not normal for Buds.  The combination of a presidential election, extremely disturbing events in the media, and also the upcoming Christmas season has resulted in our complete inability to communicate with every customer attempting to contact us or ship orders as timely as we normally would.

We sincerely apologize for any delay you may have experienced, or might be experiencing right now.  Please be advised that although we admittedly cannot respond to every phone call, email, or Live Chat at this time....we continue to process and ship orders normally and will contact you if there is any issue with your order.  If your order status indicates "processing" or "shipping" for an extended period of time....there is NOTHING wrong with your order, that simply means we have everything we need to ship your order and we are simply busy shipping orders that were received prior to yours.  If you do not hear from us otherwise, your order will be processed and shipped in the order in which it was received.

For any customer who purchased a firearm with guaranteed delivery prior to Christmas as indicated with this icon  we do commit to have those firearms delivered to your FFL no later than December 23, as we do not want to assume your dealer will be open on December 24th, Christmas Eve.  This obviously only applies to customers whose orders have not already shipped, and many others will be delivered prior to December 23rd, we are just referring to the very last of the Christmas orders received.   

The firearms that were marked with this icon  when purchased will only be shipped after every Christmas firearm has been shipped.  We did our very best to advise everyone of possible 2-3 week shipping delays for these items via icons, banners, and pop up messages during the checkout process.  Once again, many orders will be shipped in less than 2-3 weeks, we are just referring to the worst case scenario.    

Again, we do apologize for our inability to provide everyone with the level of service you deserve during this extremely difficult time.

We do appreciate your business and the confidence you have placed in us by selectingwww.BudsGunShop.com as your firearm supplier.

We appreciate your patience,

Team Buds 

Geekitupsum, I was in a couple hours after you were and was amazed.  I have never seen the gun racks at Academy that empty, There was little .22, .380, or 9mm to be found except the specialty stuff.  Walmart had steel case Tul and some priv-partisan or something, but that was about it.  Saw one person buy every available box, about 5-6, or Remington.38spl.  Looked like there was plenty of .40 and .45 left.

I ordered some ammo from Natchez, they said yesterday was their 2nd busiest day and today has been their busiest day ever. Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

How you able to do that, have it shipped to another state than TN/GA/AL?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot