How long until the panick buying starts?

Caster

[quote name='Oh Shoot' timestamp='1355885475' post='863073']I ordered some ammo from Natchez, they said yesterday was their 2nd busiest day and today has been their busiest day ever. Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2   How you able to do that, have it shipped to another state than TN/GA/AL?   - OS[/quote] I'm back in Michigan with a MI debit card right now. Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Well this seems really bad, but it's not. This is putting money in the pocket of companies we love. AND if there were to ever be a tin foil hat gun grab, that's just THAT much more stuff out there.

Keep buying folks. You're keeping people in a job!!!
  • Like 1
I'm back in Michigan with a MI debit card right now. Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ah, thnx. Was hoping maybe something had changed with their policy.

Btw, can't imagine source of funds matters, just the shipping location.

- OS

[quote name='Oh Shoot' timestamp='1355888797' post='863125']I'm back in Michigan with a MI debit card right now. Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2   Ah, thnx. Was hoping maybe something had changed with their policy.   Btw, can't imagine source of funds matters, just the shipping location.   - OS[/quote] You'd think so, but I couldn't use my TN debit card. Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
You'd think so, but I couldn't use my TN debit card. Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Wow. They're really committed to locking out those three states.

I've never used anything but a credit card online, so didn't realize location of the bank source of funds could be an issue anywhere. Thanks.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I also bought a new G19 Saturday.  I don't really consider that panic buying since it was already on my list to buy.  I took me a while to make up my mind between it and a HK P30.  I already own several glocks, and have tweaked all of them.  I think I made the right choice.

My panic buying was Friday evening when I bought a lot of ammo and the Pmags.  Everything I bought was at normal price though.  I will do without before paying overly inflated prices.

A couple of guys at work said I was nuts buying that much ammo.  I informed them that it was to shoot, not hoard.  After I explained myself they then had the audacity of asking me to sell them some.

• Moderators
At the shop I work at, by the end of the day we had not a single AR, AK, or mag for either in stock. We have more coming in, but damn. Set and broken 2 single day sales records in the last week.

The panic is all over us right now. Edited by Chucktshoes

I called one of our local shops yesterday to see if they had any AR's, the lady on the phone said "No". I asked when they would be getting any in and she said "Never." I asked "Never, like till next year, or never ever?" She said "Never ever" and hung up.

Don't know if they were just frustrated or defeated, but wow.

I called one of our local shops yesterday to see if they had any AR's, the lady on the phone said "No". I asked when they would be getting any in and she said "Never." I asked "Never, like till next year, or never ever?" She said "Never ever" and hung up.

Don't know if they were just frustrated or defeated, but wow.

Piss poor service. I wouldn't shop there anymore just out of principle.

I just looked at some prices on Gunbroker and I am absolutely stunned.  I have never seen anything like it.  People are paying upwards or $2k or more over the normal price for rifles.  AWB or not, I will just do without before I pay those kind of prices.  Personally, I hope this is hysteria just so people will choke on what they are paying.

• Like 1

I was in one of my local Gun stores today just to shoot the breeze so to speak and one of their distributors  that they buy from is 3000 ARs behind now.  Seems on Monday they had AR's available and today, they are 3000 back ordered.

They also said to make things worse this time of year many factories cut back on production so they don't have inventory during the new year for tax purposes.

They said normally it takes 2 weeks into January to even start filling the normal void.

In October 1993, before the first ban was passed, a Colt HBAR 6601 was $799.  The new ban law was signed in late October '93 with a 10 year ban, and I recall the law went into effect I think in February 1994, and the pricing for the same Colts were $1600-$1800, and none could be found.  I never paid the price, but I did sell 3 in that price range from smart investing.  With the potential of a new permanent ban, likely 2X or 3X+ will be the norm.  People will pay it.  They will never, ever, again be able to buy one.

I was planning on a s&w m&p sport purchase since November and could not find one not inflated. So today I ordered a lower and an upper I felt the need to order asap lol.
Sell something now for a few dollars that you might never be able to replace.

That makes sense?

you are right i started buying lowers and mags in 2004 . i was not going to get caught short like last time .for those that reload over the last year i have been able to put back several millon primers and several thousand pounds of powders but this week i cant begin to tell you how fast it has been going out the door