For those of you who support the NRA....

Guest sventvkg

If they get semi automatic rifles and hi cap mags today, They will be after semi auto pistols tomorrow. When they get them they will be after shotguns then revolvers. Their ultimate goal is to eliminate all guns. Everytime we compromise, we are moving them one step closer to that goal.

So we don't compromise at all...what do you think will happen then? If we are unwilling to compromise at all then we have to be willing to face all the possible consequences don't we?

I have a feeling some here aren't thinking about ALL the possible consequences; rather, they are only thinking about the consequences they like. Either that or they want the worst of the possible outcomes such as anarchy or civil war.

Soon as it appears on web, check out Larry Pratt's appearance on Piers Morgan tonight. He was on a fool's errand, and should have known it before he ever agreed to appear.

- OS

I can't watch Poose Morgan. I'm afraid I'll wind up shooting my TV. The guy needs to take his whiney ass back to England.

Guest sventvkg
Have you joined the NRA yet? The GOA? The TFA? The USCCA?

Have you written a letter...made a phone call...donated money to any of the PACs of those organizations?

Have you donated money to the campaigns of good candidates? Made a phone call for them? Knocked on doors for them?

Have you run for office?  Sat in on a legislative committee hearing?

Have you done anything other than rag on Tennessee's firearms laws and rant on the internet about "not compromising our rights"???

Now of coursed, I realize that most of us poor schlepers haven't gotten where you, in the "patriot community" who study this, are in your "analysis" of the current situation...

but maybe you should stop analyzing full time and spend a little bit of time actually do something constructive. ;)

Yes to all. I'm a Doer from way back. I do not belong to the NRA though as I feel they are a wolf in sheeps clothing and I do not trust them. 

You're Condescending but I'll let it go. In person I wouldn't but everyone is an internet Ninja.  Carry on.

*Edit: I did not donate money to candidates because I don't have enough to donate number one and number two, I'm still researching if anyone on the state level are Constitutionalist Libertarians. I know there aren't any in the Federal Government. If anyone thinks there's anyone I should support here in TN I'd appreciate the heads up. Thanks.

Edited by sventvkg
Yes to all. I'm a Doer from way back. I do not belong to the NRA though as I feel they are a wolf in sheeps clothing and I do not trust them. 

You're Condescending but I'll let it go. In person I wouldn't but everyone is an internet Ninja.  Carry on.

Good; although ignoring the biggest (by order of magnitude) of them all doesn't make a lot of sense...if you asked the head of any of the others they would all encourage membership in the NRA.

Internet ninja??? That's sort of like the "III percent-ors" isn't it.  :hat: 

Edited by RobertNashville
Guest sventvkg
So we don't compromise at all...what do you think will happen then? If we are unwilling to compromise at all then we have to be willing to face all the possible consequences don't we?

I have a feeling some here aren't thinking about ALL the possible consequences; rather, they are only thinking about the consequences they like. Either that or they want the worst of the possible outcomes such as anarchy or civil war.

No. We do not compromise with basic liberties. If a person does he is either one that seeks control over another or coward who will let another man rule him. Most are the former or the latter. Liberty or Death. Seriously.

I can't watch Poose Morgan. I'm afraid I'll wind up shooting my TV. The guy needs to take his whiney ass back to England.

This one was good. Pratt calmly responded in reasonable way throughout. Piers really came unglued, wound up calling him a "really stupid man" among other things. Pratt responded with "morally obtuse" in not letting someone actually protect school children in the most effective manner known to man.

At any rate, Pratt should have just walked out of the set with a comment that he had come here to present facts rather than be personally attacked; seemed the interview was abruptly ended though, so maybe he did during the break, dunno.

But of course any anti-gun lib that saw it will certainly say that Piers had a masterful performance compared to the evil bloodthirsty gun loving cretin. Which is why it was ultimately a fool's errand.

- OS

Guest sventvkg

I think it's coming down though. Like I said. I see where it's heading and we're looking at blood in the streets. One way or the other inside a dozen years on the outside. By the end of Hillary's 2nd term.

I think it's coming down though. Like I said. I see where it's heading and we're looking at blood in the streets. One way or the other inside a dozen years on the outside. By the end of Hillary's 2nd term.

If I could predict the future with such accuracy as you claim to be able to do I'd be a stock broker (and a very rich one at that).  :)

No. We do not compromise with basic liberties. If a person does he is either one that seeks control over another or coward who will let another man rule him. Most are the former or the latter. Liberty or Death. Seriously.

Seriously?  Either he's a coward or he seeks control over others? There can't be any other reason of any kind whatsoever???

Opinions are one thing, we all have them...but most of us recognize them as such.  It must be really comforting to be so ironclad sure of everything!

Soon as it appears on web, check out Larry Pratt's appearance on Piers Morgan tonight. He was on a fool's errand, and should have known it before he ever agreed to appear.

I got a call for ABC's "Nightline", seeking to do an interview with a "gun owner" from Tennessee, who would take the "team" to a firing range in the daytime, and carry their weapon to a "bar" in the evening.

I politely declined to be their redneck hillbilly, guntoten shine swilling TFA/NRA member.  But I bet they find somebody to play the part.

I got a call for ABC's "Nightline", seeking to do an interview with a "gun owner" from Tennessee, who would take the "team" to a firing range in the daytime, and carry their weapon to a "bar" in the evening.

I politely declined to be their redneck hillbilly, guntoten shine swilling TFA/NRA member.  But I bet they find somebody to play the part.

Aw...come on...don't your want your 15 minutes of fame???  I mean after all, it could lead to a whole new career of daytime TV show appearances. ;)

Guest TNSovereignty

Well said.  But it's as if some here have a revisionist history, as if Patrick Henry said, "Give me liberty, or give me a compromise!  Please King, may we please have a few crumbs of liberty?  Pretty Please???"  

No, I think this was the sentiment of the weak-kneed loyalist tories who wanted to appease King George ... they didn't mind if the King tyrannized everyone else as long as they could keep their comfy lifestyle & worldly possessions.  The rest of the citizenry be damned.

Ok let's talk compromise:
Sullivan Act 1911 New York
NFA34
Gun control act 68
1976 dc gun ban
Volkmer McClure act 1986
Import ban 90
Brady act!
Crime bill 94
Form 4473
Handgun permits!

Now the 20,000 plus unconstitutional gun laws aren't enough? It is a disgrace begging this scum in govt for our "rights". The gun culture has compromised. Way too much already. The NRA should counter and demand NFA 34 should be lifted. That is a start. Land of the free......what a joke.
  • Like 2
NFA34
Gun control act 68
1976 dc gun ban
Volkmer McClure act 1986
Import ban 90
Brady act!
Crime bill 94
Form 4473
Handgun permits!

Now the 20,000 plus unconstitutional gun laws aren't enough? It is a disgrace begging this scum in govt for our "rights". The gun culture has compromised. Way too much already. The NRA should counter and demand NFA 34 should be lifted. That is a start. Land of the free......what a joke.

and, FROM MEMORY so I may miss one....

Sullivan Act 1911 New York  -- backed by NRA
NFA34  -- Backed by NRA
Gun control act 68 -- Backed by NRA
1976 dc gun ban -- not sure
Volkmer McClure act 1986  -- not sure
Import ban 90  -- not sure
Brady act!  -- Backed by NRA?
Crime bill 94 -- Backed by NRA
Handgun permits!  --  Backed by NRA (or no attempt to undo/fight it).

Compromise... Shall not be infringed... The founders did not want compromise for the 2A. If they did it would have been a law not a amendment.

Compromise is fine, but Sandy Hook is a result of a deranged person. It can not be stopped. It will not be until we are all perfect and can play God with people's minds. We simply do not know how the brain functions well enough to say yes we can give a diagnosis that we can use to lock up someone.

Why not go back to allowing carry constitutionally so we have a chance in hell of defending ourselves and our children.

I am not a child. I can make big boy decisions. Giving up my AR is preposterous. Some 300000 were sold in 2008. Of those how many lives were taken by them?

C'mon as a gun owner a person has no one to blame but themselves when they wake up and go well crud. My wife and daughter were raped and murdered and I cannot hunt because all I have is an illegal steak knife I buried in the back yard three years ago when they came for them. I cannot drive to the hospital because cars were made illegal because of the 30,000 annual deaths from them.

No, stop the madness folks. Calm your reps, go to protests and voice yourselves calmly, rationally, and respectfully. Take someone to the range and teach them. Share the sport and the capability to be a citizen.
NFA34
Gun control act 68
1976 dc gun ban
Volkmer McClure act 1986
Import ban 90
Brady act!
Crime bill 94
Form 4473
Handgun permits!

Did I say, ever, that all compromise is good or appropriate or that everything should be compromised?

Did I say, ever that all (or any) of the gun laws we have are good?

And I suppose we should have never "compromised" with handgun carry permits so that it would be illegal to carry in TN or any of the other states we can carry in now; is that what you are saying?

"Compromise" is NOT a dirty word...the founders understood that and had they not understood it  there would never have been a United States.

Moreover, ragging on the NRA on an internet forum...is that really going to change anything?

• Like 1

I will GLADLY compromise!!!  I would like for ALL gun laws to disappear!  I'll compromise and agree to get rid of only the 1934 NFA and 1994 Brady Act (for now). :rofl:

Compromise works two ways.  All I have heard is THEIR way, not OUR way!  We need to take the battle to them.  Let them realize that letting them keep ANY gun laws is a compromise to us. :usa:

• Like 5
Guest bkelm18

Moreover, ragging on the NRA on an internet forum...is that really going to change anything?

That's about the only thing that needs to be said in this thread.

Don't like the NRA? Don't give money to them. Like the NRA? Give money to them. Pretty simple process.

I am OK with compromise.  In good faith, give the gun owners a few select things --- how about passing national constitutional carry that trumps all state and city laws --- then we can talk maybe?  I am afraid, without such a gesture of good will toward the gun owners, I cannot listen to any compromise nonsense.

• Like 2

I don't know it's really ragging so much, more like pointing out the elephant in the room...  The NRA has a spotty (at best) track record of agreeing to compromises that take away rights from law abiding citizens.  

Making sure that other gun owners aren't fooled into thinking that the NRA is a white knight on shining armor here to save us...  isn't ragging...

Now with that said, I'm a lifetime member of the NRA, and I did send them a check on Monday for their LAC.  I also talked to GOA in DC and am in the process of making a donation to their foundation.

But, just because somebody speaks truth to the questionable choices the NRA has made over the years in supporting anti-2nd amendment legislation (Hayes Amendment anybody?), and their opposition to ground breaking 2nd amendment lawsuits (their attempt to derail the Heller suit)...  Doesn't mean their trolling the NRA on the internet.

Dollar for dollar, the 2nd Amendment Foundation, and GOA does a lot more good for true 2nd Amendment rights IMHO.

• Like 1