Dick's Pulls ARs

I went to Academy and purchased a Mossberg tactical plinkster and a 20" barrel Windham Varmint Exterminator.  I'm not sure my wife's going to be able to handle a barrel that long.  If anyone is interested in trading a 16" barrel AR for it, send me a pm.  Academy is totally out of AR's other than a 999$ Bushmaster.  They claim a new shipment is coming in on Sunday.

The trend is the important part. We may not have much of anyone left to boycott soon.

- OS

Remember the Exxon Valdez?

I'm almost certain that from all these years that I've boycotted Exxon that they will be on the verge of collapse any day now.  :)

Remember the Exxon Valdez?

I'm almost certain that from all these years that I've boycotted Exxon that they will be on the verge of collapse any day now.  :)

Remember it well, and it's still fricked up there in that area.

But boycotting Exxon because of a negligent and possibly drunk captain seems sort of like boycotting Bushwhacker because a lunatic got hold of one.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Remember it well, and it's still fricked up there in that area.

But boycotting Exxon because of a negligent and possibly drunk captain seems sort of like boycotting Bushwhacker because a lunatic got hold of one.

- OS

I was young and it stuck with me. Buying BP fuel now. 

Edited by kieefer
The trend is the important part. We may not have much of anyone left to boycott soon.

- OS

It's been a few days. Can't be more than a bump at this point. Stock market ripples don't mean much either. I'm not saying you're wrong, but we may wanna let the bedwetters lose their twitch before we start planning our lives. They'll be pissed at chicken people next week. They're just like a goose... wake up to a brand new world every morning.

Edited by mikegideon
Guest mikedwood

Drudge's headline is "Walmart sells out" with a picture of an AR15.

I'm wondering with Academy and Cheaper than Dirt if they are suspending sales until things calm down from people going gun nuts (literally).

I mean I checked gunbroker.com and it looks like prices are up up up, checked Buds and what AR's I could check on before the server went down are sold out.

If you have some ARs and sell them now for $997 darn things could be $1,500 dealer cost to replace on your next order if you can even get it. So you aren't making money.

Same with mags maybe the ones you were selling for $12.95 so you raise them to $19.95 still may cost $22.50 or $35.00 or more dealer cost to replace. So you didn't really make anything.

I think after Obama's first election some retailers got hit in those 1st few months selling guns like crazy then paying more than they sold them for to replace them and customers getting mad at the retailers over the raised prices caused by the distributors.

I think the politicians are going to realize that the medias will is to ban guns but the public isn't falling for it.

Just saying the suspending gun sales may or may not just be a business decision on cost to replace and not a statement against firearms.

The below video a speech from Eric Holder in 1995 is scary, wait for it at the end he actually says 

"We Must 'Brainwash' People on Guns"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xzthJZPPAE

I hope we can brain wash him back.

Guest mikedwood
Worse -- I'm expecting him to be on the Supreme Court.

- OS

I wish instead they would give him the senate hearing (s) he deserves.

Edited by mikedwood
went to dicks to see if they had any 22 ammo, even over priced, and would you believe their ammo is locked up and you cannot even look at it without getting an employee to help?  I won't be going back.   Walmarts is at least visible behind a glass lock so you can SEE what is there...  I understand locking it up due to value in a small package, but locked up where you cannot see it is dumb. 

Yea, 

Dicks sucks anyway. Unless you want golf clubs and other yuppie sports.

I won't be going back.  :yuck:

In Mt Juliet they Dicks never had any hand guns or anything other then shot guns. They suck, thank goodness or Godness they built academy right across the street, But the other night I went by Academy and they are out of almost every guns other then shot guns. They are getting new items a few time a week.

Flyboy Edited by Flyboy
I just went by Walmart in Rockwood. They still have a Sig M400, but no others. Don't know if they are just gonna quit stocking them or if its hearsay.

Was told by one of the assistant store managers that we are not going to stop selling them, but the demand is so high and the supply is so low that we can't get any right now.

I just went by Walmart in Rockwood. They still have a Sig M400, but no others. Don't know if they are just gonna quit stocking them or if its hearsay.
Was told by one of the assistant store managers that we are not going to stop selling them, but the demand is so high and the supply is so low that we can't get any right now.

That's the general consensus. Thanks for posting that info.