Cheaper Than Dirt. Not Selling Firearms? What?

Smiddy

Was trying to purchas a handgun from cheaper than dirt a few moments ago that I looked at online last night and a message popped up on my screen.... Cheaper than dirt does not sell firearms. I called cheaper than dirt and the woman who answered says they stopped selling them an hour ago. She stated that she was not told that this was forced or given any explanation as to why they have stopped. Anyone have any answers???????

• Like 1
Guest bkelm18
CTD also jacked up the price of the 30 round magazines they had left in stock too. :down:

Well of course. That's CTD for ya. They were the price gouging kings the first time BHO got elected.

[quote name='CZ9MM' timestamp='1355853852' post='862662']I was actually looking at various CZ's on CTD this morning. I went to look at them again just 5 minutes ago, and it took me several glances before I realized that it wasn't me but the website. Look forward to the official claim, if there is one.[/quote] They should give you 75 percent off to help them get rid of the stock. Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I guess buyer/seller panic is already happening! I was out browsing when I found out the local pawn shop my family has done business with for 30 years stopped pawning/buying pistols yesterday! He's still selling them, but said he won't accept any more until after January because he's recieving calls and emails from his suppliers about possible upcoming law changes. He said he's going to try to sell out as many guns as he can before accepting any more because it looks like Obama's going to make it more difficult to buy/sell firearms. WTF?!?

This chain reaction by businesses is going to do more harm than the legislation if it keeps up, which it appears it will.  These companies seem to be terrified of backlash from the public sentiment with the big boys like Wal-mart and Dick's leading the way.  It's truly a shame.

Just received this response to my email - came very quickly too! As far as what is really going on; I've no idea but if they are going to sell-out to be politically correct then I wish them a quick end.

Robert,

Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending online sales of firearms effective immediately.

We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories.

Respectfully,
Terry J David
Product Tech Support

Cheaper Than Dirt!
2524 NE Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76106
www.CheaperThanDirt.com

• Admin Team

Y'all should remember this when things are back to "normal".  They've got a history of this, and it is inexcusable.

We as gun owners should speak with our wallets - which is the only thing they'll hear and help to put them out of business.

They're nothing but opportunists selling to a panicked market.  They should be recognized as such.

• Like 8
Guest cardcutter
Y'all should remember this when things are back to "normal".  They've got a history of this, and it is inexcusable.

We as gun owners should speak with our wallets - which is the only thing they'll hear and help to put them out of business.

They're nothing but opportunists selling to a panicked market.  They should be recognized as such.

I have bought from them before. I am now suspending permanately all buying from them. I encourage as many of you as will to do the same. I am also going to send them an e mail stating just why I am doing this.

I just sent them the following email, and I will certainly remember this action in the future.  

To Whom It May Concern,

I just saw the facebook posting indicating Cheaperthandirt.com does not sell firearms, and I wanted to express my disappointment with the decision and with you personally.  This is a time to stand up for our Constitutional rights; to politely and patiently explain the reasons for those rights to those that disagree and are reacting out of ignorance or emotion to this recent tragedy.

You will no longer receive my business.

YUP

Guest cardcutter

A copy of the email I sent:

Terry J David

Your recent reply to a friends inquiry about on line sales:

"Cheaper Than Dirt! is suspending on line sales of firearms effective immediately.

We are reviewing our policy internally, and will continue to be the leader in the outdoor industry with our full line of gear and accessories."

Has prompted me to review my buying policy from you. I am permanently suspending you as a retailer. I will not support any business that is this quick to sellout gun owners.

I will be posting copies of this letter on at least three different firearms related Internet forums and encouraging everyone I can to suspend buying from you as well.

Perhaps if enough people leave your customer base you may learn not to act in such a manner.

Jim Brown

I encourage you all to do the same.
Sent an email letting them know what I thought about this, and their price gouging
I'm not going to defend them but just to sound a note of caution; whether they are actually price gouging or not depends entirely on how much they are having to spend to buy the inventory they are selling. I've not idea what they pay for a pmag (and I suspect no one else here does either).

Again, not defending...I just think we should be careful what we accuse them off without having all the facts.