Ugh. was in the market for a stripped lower...

timcar86

And now this madness happens. Does anyone know of anyone with any in stock? I've called most of the shops in my area (Knoxville) and no one has any or they're too expensive. Little help?

Only help I can suggest would be to write your congressman, unfortunately. The only thing that will turn this scare away is from the top down.

This weekend I think I'm going to check out Frontier Firearms and Coal Creek Armory Outpost, both on Gallahar Rd.

Does anyone know, maybe save me a trip?  I know Frontier does layaways so I might put some cash down on something.

I was gonna stop in The Outpost Armory on my way to the Boro today. Just to walk around and paw stuff(on the market for a new AR optic). There was not a single parking place available. This is on a Wednesday at around 11 am. I was floored. I can imagine dudes fighting over a Bushmaster like women do at Walmart on Black Friday for a pretty princess doll! I'm sure the dealers love it.

I was gonna stop in The Outpost Armory on my way to the Boro today. Just to walk around and paw stuff(on the market for a new AR optic). There was not a single parking place available. This is on a Wednesday at around 11 am. I was floored. I can imagine dudes fighting over a Bushmaster like women do at Walmart on Black Friday for a pretty princess doll! I'm sure the dealers love it.

Not good.  I can't get out of work except on weekends.  I'm sure it will be bad crazy then.  Thanks for the answer.

Edited by Jon_L
Bills outpost in Maryville had more ARs in stock than anyone in East Tn. I went in there yesterday and they had 2 left. Probably had 30 or more normally.

I've explored all local and online sources for stripped lowers. None to be found.

Bill told me on Monday that one guy came in and bought seven ARs.

Bills outpost in Maryville had more ARs in stock than anyone in East Tn. I went in there yesterday and they had 2 left. Probably had 30 or more normally.
I've explored all local and online sources for stripped lowers. None to be found.
Bill told me on Monday that one guy came in and bought seven ARs.

Wow that's a lot of money.

I wonder if he was buying for friends and family?

My local dealer was out of stock on stripped lowers when I went in yesterday, but had one on order coming in today So I put my name on it, and am going to get it tomorrow morning. Guess I got lucky. He only had one complete ar rifle, a consignment, over priced. I bet it sold today. I've seen ads online today for stripped lowers priced at $300-$350.

My local dealer was out of stock on stripped lowers when I went in yesterday, but had one on order coming in today So I put my name on it, and am going to get it tomorrow morning. Guess I got lucky. He only had one complete ar rifle, a consignment, over priced. I bet it sold today. I've seen ads online today for stripped lowers priced at $300-$350.

Hell, there was a Rock River stripped lower on Gunbroker yesterday for $1999
Just a heads up, the Coal Creek Armory outpost in Kingston has moved everything to Knoxville and closed up shop at that location.

Did they have a range out there, too, I can't remember.

- OS

They did. It's a small range that's been there for a long time. I never went in after CCA opened it back up. But without some major renovation I'd say it wasn't much to call home about.
This weekend I think I'm going to check out Frontier Firearms and Coal Creek Armory Outpost, both on Gallahar Rd.

Does anyone know, maybe save me a trip? I know Frontier does layaways so I might put some cash down on something.

Frontier doesn't carry many ARs to start with. They had a couple on Monday, but doubt they have any left.

I went ahead and ordered a LPK and buffer tube assy from PSA last night. Most everything is sold out on their website. I really hate to fall into the "panic" mode croud, but figured I would get parts while I can. See, I was building a rifle before all this started. I just wasn't in a hurry to do it. Looking at all this with a optimistic point of view, if the ASB doesn't pass, there will be a whole lot of ARs for sale in a month or two...

I went ahead and ordered a LPK and buffer tube assy from PSA last night. Most everything is sold out on their website. I really hate to fall into the "panic" mode croud, but figured I would get parts while I can. See, I was building a rifle before all this started. I just wasn't in a hurry to do it. Looking at all this with a optimistic point of view, if the ASB doesn't pass, there will be a whole lot of ARs for sale in a month or two...

Possibly a whole lot for sale down the road should an AWB pass,  depending on what burden could be placed on us to keep them.

- OS

OK, I'll chime in with a related UGH... I was shopping around for a bolt carrier assembly for a rifle that is virtually complete except for those parts.  Anyone know of a place that has them in stock and not asking a mint for them?  I just friggin' need one bolt carrier assembly.

*EDIT: I just went ahead and backordered one through Midway.  I just hope it gets filled sometime in the next century.

As far as panic buying, I was at the WalMart in Farragut (don't ask why; I'm pissed for being required to go there), and the ammo selection was virtually zero.  The clerk said that local gun stores and gun show vendors had come in over the past couple of days and bought up virtually everything they had including .22LR ammo.  It appears that even plinking is about to get expensive.  :rant:

Edited by East_TN_Patriot