How have you shared your firearms obsession with your wife/gf today?

For men that are not motivated to be in guns, here is a suggestion.  I use to be gun nut for years, and then it dampened for a long period of time, it was not until I was married and with children it hit me again, stronger than ever.  The defence effect of guns became front and center.  Though we had no direct incident that prompted my return, I do read way too much about home invasions and other things that go bump in the night.  If your man is not motivated, inform him how scared or concerned you are, tell him about news articles, make up stuff, and etc.  I believe most men should have a natural instinct to protect the heard (heard = wife & kids).

However, if the heard is well armed, then he might not be so concerned, just a lazy Lion, let the lionesses take care of the food and defence of themselves.  Not sure if I solved your problem, but that is not a bad idea.  Hmmmm.

He is a lazy lion.  I am the protector here.  He would laugh if I suggested that I was scared.  I went to the gun show in Hendersonville, didn't make it until Sunday and I enjoyed myself.  I had forgotten how much I love gun shows.  Anyways, picked up a reloading book from DLM37015 and had a good talk with him.  If he is an example of the type of people on this site than I am ever so glad I joined!

• 1 month later...
Guest RedLights&Sirens
My interest in guns + Obtaining a carry permit for me and her + Purchase of a handgun = Divorce = Buying two long guns after said divorce. All within a year. New girlfreind wants to learn how to shoot!

I took the wife and two of her cousins shooting last Sunday. The cousins are taking my HCP class Saturday. When we were leaving the wife suggested that we start having "date night" at the range.

She also acted like I gave her the moon when I presented her with a SOG tomahawk :-)

Date night at the range!?!?! That's AWESOME!! I shared that idea with my wife and she looked less than thrilled. She does enjoy shooting but I don't think she'd sacrifice date night lol

I sure would, in a heartbeat, much better than some lame movie.  Got to the range and then out for a nice dinner! 2 birds 1 stone.

Proverbs 31: 10 - 31

10 Who can find a woman of worth? Far beyond jewels is her value.

11 Her husband trusts her judgment; he does not lack income.

12 She brings him profit, not loss, all the days of her life.

13 She seeks out wool and flax and weaves with skillful hands.

14 Like a merchant fleet, she secures her provisions from afar.

15 She rises while it is still night, and distributes food to her household, a portion to her maidservants.

16 She picks out a field and acquires it; from her earnings she plants a vineyard.

17 She girds herself with strength; she exerts her arms with vigor.

18 She enjoys the profit from her dealings; her lamp is never extinguished at night.

19 She puts her hands to the distaff, and her fingers ply the spindle.

20 She reaches out her hands to the poor, and extends her arms to the needy.

21 She is not concerned for her household when it snows—all her charges are doubly clothed.

22 She makes her own coverlets; fine linen and purple are her clothing.

23 Her husband is prominent at the city gates as he sits with the elders of the land.

24 She makes garments and sells them, and stocks the merchants with belts.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity, and laughs at the days to come.

26 She opens her mouth in wisdom; kindly instruction is on her tongue.

27 She watches over the affairs of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband, too, praises her:

29 “Many are the women of proven worth, but you have excelled them all.”

30 Charm is deceptive and beauty fleeting; the woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

31 Acclaim her for the work of her hands, and let her deeds praise her at the city gates.

http://www.usccb.org/bible/proverbs/31

DADBURN good post here.

• Like 1
Guest robin.kempton

The wife went and bought herself a concealed carry weapon yesterday.....I knew that she had developed a liking for all things pink lately but had no idea that the love of that color would transfer to a weapon. Sure enough she found a Baretta Nano 9mm in bright pink with black highlights. She held it, played with it and bought it...said it was light, easy to carry, fit her hands just perfect and it was pink. Can you imagine the look on a perps face after coming to the conclusion that he/she has just been shot by a pink gun.......the embarassment and the humiliation of knowing the last thing that you see is my wife and her pink gun pointed at you, not a way most people would want to go. So thats no. 2 for her and now she is eyeing a Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22....and you probably guessed already, it's in pink camo. I'm not going to argue with her, at least she likes to shoot. For those guys out there trying to get her involved in shooting, show her something that's not black.....they have almost any color you can think of now to include winter camo for anything out there. That could be the winning ticket, give it a try!