Sr9c or Kahr cm9

Guest HunterDude

Guest HunterDude

I'm  fairly new to handgun carry and I currently have an sr9c. I have a Kholster IWB holster for it and I have never realy gotten comfortable carrying it yet. Just seems aggravating having to put  on the holster  and such  each time I go out and it feels heavy for the size of pistol it is. I've been thinking about  sellling it or trading it for a Kahr cm9 which I could just drop  in my pocket as I go out the door. Guess the  question I have is, Is the Kahr  truly a pocket pistol or will I end up having to go back to a IWB holster for it as well?  Is the size difference worth the trade or should I just get used to the SR9C?

My pockets aren't big enough for the CM9. Its small as any 9mm that comes to mind. I switch between the Glock 26 and CM9. The Glock is surprising light for its size and capacity. So much so it's not a big jump from the G26 to the G19 which I also carry.
You'll still need a pocket holster for pocket carry.

I've found my PM9 (more or less the same as a CM9) works great in a Remora holster carried IWB. Super easy to take off/on. No clips or belt loops and it stays put all day. I can go bike riding and it stays in place. Infinite cant adjustment too. Most days I forget I have it.

I have a CM9.  Fully loaded it is a little heavy as a pocket gun, but, I can and do carry in a jacket with the DeSantis Nemesis holster.  Occasionally I will carry in loose pant pockets again with the holster.  I much prefer my LCP for pocket carry.  Fury makes as small and low profile as any for belt carry and you can get J hooks to convert to an ISWB and tuckable.

Guest dfsixstring
Am I missing something? The SR9c is not a pocket pistol - it is a compact. I wear one daily and often forget I have it on. I have a CompTac Minotaur IWB holster. I recently ordered Mitch Rosen pancake holster. You can buy smaller 9mm's but I like my Ruger. Dfsixstring SR9c LCP RST4S
Guest HunterDude

Thanks for the replys guys. Yea I know the sr9c is a compact. Thats  why I was asking the question I did. I'm interested in something smaller and lighter  than what I have and  I would like to stick with a 9mm if possible.  Guess I'm more or less asking if the size and weight difference between the sr9c and the cm9  would justify getting the cm9.  Not really interested in one of the 380's because I have plenty of ammo for the 9mm, reloading supplies , etc.  and they just feel too small.  Just wanting something a little smaller and lighter so as to not have to wear  an aggrevating IWB holster if I dont have to.  I just cant seem to get used to the sr9c in the  Kholster. I usually wear carpenter jeans and they usually have bigger pockets than regular jeans have. I defineatly would use a pocket holster  if i were able to pocket carry it and I really like the looks of the holsters the guys mentioned above. Thanks again for the replies and keep them coming.

You'll still need a pocket holster for pocket carry.

I've found my PM9 (more or less the same as a CM9) works great in a Remora holster carried IWB. Super easy to take off/on. No clips or belt loops and it stays put all day. I can go bike riding and it stays in place. Infinite cant adjustment too. Most days I forget I have it.

I too carry the pm9 with a Remora, GREAT combination!

All of the above are great responses and surprisingly similar to my carry choices. I bought a CM9 when it first came out, just ahead of the shield and I love it! Everyday it rises in my front jacket pocket in a Desantis Nemesis holster. In the summer I carried it IWB in a Comptac Minotaur or a Remora holster. I love my G26 and G19 but they usually stay at home now.

I don't know your size or style of clothes but just as a guess I don't think the Kahr works as a true pocket pistol for a good percentage of people. It's noticeably heavier and bigger in every dimension than a little .380. But if you want an affordable, reliable tiny 9 that deep conceals easily you can't go wrong with a CM9. Edited by jitdc