Anybody else embarassed to sell an AR?

Guest twpayne75

Guest carter

I have what i need... do i wish i had bought more mags before now...yes...would i be selling them for $50 a piece like some people are doing...no... I have a brand new glock 19 in box never fired with high cap mags... I'm not going to sell it... i think even Bud's has gone up $75 dollars on glocks... 

Guest twpayne75

I haven't and will not sell anything. I agree that if a person is stupid enough to pay $2000+ on a DPMS or Shrubmaster, them and their money should part. But I don't have either and what I do have isn't going anywhere.

I see a bunch of feathers got ruffled over this post........I don't care. I simply was wondering what others thought in my area. I was not looking for reassurance for my conscious.

The biggest reason this all started, in my opinion, is a bunch of people that couldn't care less about the second amendment, this hobby, their freedoms or libertys, or much of anything else, decided they could swoop in at the last minute, buy up whatever they could at any price, wait for something to happen, then sell off their newly aquired trophys and make a killing. FUKEM!

My hope, wish, and prayer is that nothing happens......these people lose their a$$e$......and Dollar General and Big Lots starts carrying ARs :pleased: . I really find it hard to believe anyone that has been into this any amount of time seriously paid $2000+ for a $700 AR. I have paid that much and more for ARs, but I promise you they weren't models that Walmart sold on black Friday.

I hope all here have a great year and they don't end up having to change this site to talking about needle point and exchanging recipes.

Stay safe brothers and sisters. 

Guest twpayne75
Please don't take what i said to mean that there should be more policing, you guys are doing a great job. I come here many times a day because I know there will be fairly priced deals.  I understand that supply and demand will dictate what items will be sold for. Like someone else said, a fool and his money will soon part ways. 

a few ads got yanked for reselling items at an inflated price iirc

As I frequent Sigforum a lot I will add that I agree with Parabellums decision to not allow the stupidity of some to over run his site. Just one of the advantages to owning your own gun site with no paying members or sponsers, you can do whatever you want. And what started it in the beginning was new members that were posting all the overpriced stuff on his classifieds board. He doesn't like people on there selling stuff that doesn't contribute in other areas of the forum......he doesn't make money off the forum, why should they.

This is easy. Buy low, sell high.

If you are concerned about civil unrest and didn't ever get around getting an EBR or two, or are concerned paying high $$ just to have your EBR taxed, regulated, confiscated and not be able to sell them or pass on to your heirs.....

I would look at a nice scout bolt, lever or long range bolt action rifle. Go the to local store and see what obscure ammo is left on the shelf and match the hatch to the rifle. At least you will have somthing (maybe) legal and a couple hundred rounds. A nice Marlin in 45-70 might be in order.
  • Like 2

I'm not going to lie, I bought 10 PMAGS at work last week for $175 and sold them on Gunbroker for $400, and I'll do it again next week, providing we get more in. It's People are going to pay what they will pay. I don't see how anyone can fault anyone else for trying to make a buck. Isn't that what commerce is all about?

And unlike doing the same  with firearms, it's actually legal with parts and accessories. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I'm not going to lie, I bought 10 PMAGS at work last week for $175 and sold them on Gunbroker for $400, and I'll do it again next week, providing we get more in. It's People are going to pay what they will pay. I don't see how anyone can fault anyone else for trying to make a buck. Isn't that what commerce is all about?

Do you work at a gun store? Does your owner know you are buying up the inventory he has held at price for his customers and selling it on the net to put money in your pocket?

Guest RevScottie
One thing I keep thinking about is if the AWB was to return in its previous form with no enhancements what would this actually mean? I could still own a 10 round AR with pistol grip and fixed length buttstock but no flash hider, bayonet mount, or provision for a grenade launcher? There isn't any legislation likely to pass that would eliminate 10 round semi-auto rifles so in practical terms what would justify me paying a stupid price for something just because it has those cool military features other than speculation of reselling it in the future? I've owned AR platform stuff and for the type shooting I do it just wasn't that much better than my mini14.

... I've owned AR platform stuff and for the type shooting I do it just wasn't that much better than my mini14.

You know that Mini14 is specifically mentioned as a banned firearm in the synopsis of Fiend-stein's bill, right?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Problem is that some are espousing 'free market capitalism' when this situation is nothing of the sort.  The government has entered the market & drastically altered the economic landscape.  ;)

Excellent point! Seems we are having a lot of Gov't intervention these days.

Guest RevScottie
Yeah OS I know but I doubt that will ever pass in its current form. That's the reason I was talking about the original AWB. I think that's a no brainer for most politicos and would easily pass. Might also add no private sales on top of it.
Guest 6.8 AR

Obama said he would act on immigration reform and gun control next month. If that's the case, he and Boehner

have kissed for a bill to make it's way that fast. Otherwise, a pile of crap Executive Order is in our future. That

will be the greatest intervention because the sales will never catch up until they stop.

Guest RevScottie

I guess I wouldn't see that as any big deal unless that left none in stock for other customers; customers are the reason you have a job to start with...
Guest RevScottie

Like I said, I am a customer as well.

I think most non employee customers would feel you are taking advantage of your position if they don't have equal access to product.

I could honestly care less what most non-employee customers think. Our store manager sets back a certain amount for employees to purchase before they go out to the floor to be sold to everyone else. It's called perks of employment. We have to put up with all of the idiots, I think it's only fair that we get first shot an new inventory.

And that attitude is why your store, Gander Mountain, gets absolutely zero dollars of my firearm budget.
  • Like 6

I could honestly care less what most non-employee customers think. Our store manager sets back a certain amount for employees to purchase before they go out to the floor to be sold to everyone else. It's called perks of employment. We have to put up with all of the idiots, I think it's only fair that we get first shot an new inventory.

I'm trying very had to give you the benefit of the doubt, as I don't know you on a personal level. But your piss-poor "I don't give a damn about anyone other than myself" attitude is making that very difficult.

I am accepting of the fact that there's an opportunity for you to make a profit during crazy times. I am also accepting of the fact that your place of employment offers certain perks (almost everyone has some sort of perk through their employer) that non-employees don't receive, even if it means you get your hands on items that are in short supply. However, I feel there's been a glitch in your moral compass if you don't see a problem with hoarding such items for the sole purpose of taking advantage of your fellow man. Heck, there must have been a close friend, family member, or even a fellow TGO member that was really needing those items for personal use, not for profit. Sometimes helping out a fellow man can make you feel better than you would by putting a few extra bucks in your pocket.

There's something to be said for a man who's willing to forego a few extra bucks while helping his brother in need. There's also something to be said for those who do just the opposite. You have to live with your ways, and it doesn't appear you're losing any sleep over it. I only hope you used that money for a good cause, like furthering your education, so you can hopefully one day make enough money that you won't feel the need to take advantage of your fellow man.
  • Like 2
Guest dubaholic2

Buddy, I'm not trying to hide a thing. I just figure since a couple people are getting butt-hurt over the discussion, I'm going to withdraw from the whole thing and let you think what you want.

Guest dubaholic2

I'm trying very had to give you the benefit of the doubt, as I don't know you on a personal level. But your piss-poor "I don't give a damn about anyone other than myself" attitude is making that very difficult.

I am accepting of the fact that there's an opportunity for you to make a profit during crazy times. I am also accepting of the fact that your place of employment offers certain perks (almost everyone has some sort of perk through their employer) that non-employees don't receive, even if it means you get your hands on items that are in short supply. However, I feel there's been a glitch in your moral compass if you don't see a problem with hoarding such items for the sole purpose of taking advantage of your fellow man. Heck, there must have been a close friend, family member, or even a fellow TGO member that was really needing those items for personal use, not for profit. Sometimes helping out a fellow man can make you feel better than you would by putting a few extra bucks in your pocket.

There's something to be said for a man who's willing to forego a few extra bucks while helping his brother in need. There's also something to be said for those who do just the opposite. You have to live with your ways, and it doesn't appear you're losing any sleep over it. I only hope you used that money for a good cause, like furthering your education, so you can hopefully one day make enough money that you won't feel the need to take advantage of your fellow man.

I intend for this to be my last post on this thread. I just want to know who is exactly "in need" of a 30 round ar-15 magazine. It's not as if they sustain life. You show me one person that "needs" one, because if they don't have it life as they know it will end.