Anybody else embarassed to sell an AR?

Guest twpayne75

I just want to say thank you to the person who was so offended by me selling some magazines, that they wrote a letter to the CEO of the company I worked for to complain about me making a couple bucks. I hope that you sleep better tonight knowing that I will no longer be selling any magazines, nor will I be making a living to support my wife and 3 year old daughter. I'm glad that you take pleasure in assuring that your beliefs in what a total stranger does are more important that my family eating.

Wait, WHAT ?!?!?!

This is taking it TOO far.  Its one thing to have an opinion and to voice that opinion, but someone writing to someone else's employer is just BS!

Person needs to be outed ...

• Like 1
Guest dubaholic2

They were kind enough to include my name, date of birth, phone number, and my screen name on here, with a link to this discussion in the letter.

That sucks that someone went that far......but what did you think was going to happen when you started posting the things you did?  I guess your job did have a problem with what you were doing after all.....

TMF even alluded that his old employer would fire people for the things you were doing.  That was a warning shot that should have been heeded.

As big as the internet can be....it can also be small.  Everything you post can and will, at times, have repercussions.

I'm pretty sure I made my stance on the subject pretty clear, but man, that's rough. As scoutfsu mentioned, I don't think you can be all that surprised. Not only did you admit to doing it during the heat of this panic, you kinda laughed at the criticism and said you'd do it again if given the opportunity. For the sake of you and your family, I hope you are able to find employment in the very near future. I think I read somewhere that Bass Pro and Cabela's were going to be opening shop.

Guest dubaholic2

Re-read entire thread.  Now I got a fence post square in the arse.  Don't know which side I would climb down on.  I'll just fall on the side of TMI all the way around and exit on this one. 

I tried that. I hope noone knows where you work or they'll write a letter to your boss saying how indecisive you are.

Guest dubaholic2

Triple, you did make your stance pretty clear. That coupled with the fact that it was a fairly well written letter, lead me to believe that is was either you or TMF that wrote it. Not that it makes any difference, I'm out of a job either way. I would just like to know for sure who to commit to the grudge file in my mind.

Guest dubaholic2

Well its getting a little clearer which side now.  And it would have to be two letters, and I'm very trusted in my decision making skills, thanks.

Please don't think that I was saying you're indecisive. I was just being sarcastic about your being on the fence.

I've never been accused of being well-written before, so I'll accept the compliment. I stand behind my opinion on the matter, but it was just that. You'd have had to really piss me off, and even then I'm not sure I would have gone that far. There are a lot of people on this board, so it may or may not have been someone that voiced their opinion. It could have been anyone.

You're mad (which is understandable) but you seem to be mad at everyone but the one person you should be angriest with.  You.  IMO what you posted and did shows a lack of character and morals....but thats just my opinion.  You even made it seem like your employer was OK with what you were doing.  I guess they weren't.  Hopefully the splash back doesn't fall on your manager who was holding items in good faith for his employees and everyone else that was benefiting.  I imagine their free rides are over too.

It sucks that you were fired, especially in this crappy economy.  I sincerely hope you find a new job quickly.  I also hope you don't continue to do what you've been doing.  But I guess that's up to you.

• Like 1

well dub...do you think it was right to get the jump on everyone...hold your stores stock of p-mags back to buy for the sole purpose of reselling to make triple on them? seems like your CEO doesn't think it's right either...i don't blame him... that sort of behavior is shady and predicts dishonesty... then you get on a public forum and brag about basically screwing your employeer over... did you get an employee discount on them aslo? 

adding one more thing here... think about if your employer held back there stock of p-mags or ar-15's for his personal gain... would you want to do business with them anymore? i wouldn't 

also...you might want to look at your co-workers might of been one of them that ratted you out instead of a forum member being they had all of your information... I'm sure someone there knew what you where doing 

Edited by carter
]

Triple, you did make your stance pretty clear. That coupled with the fact that it was a fairly well written letter, lead me to believe that is was either you or TMF that wrote it. Not that it makes any difference, I'm out of a job either way. I would just like to know for sure who to commit to the grudge file in my mind.

If you're accusing me of something feel free to send me a PM and I can clear it up. Otherwise, don't go posting accusations pointing the finger at me for why you're out of a job. The only person whose fault it is that you're unemployed is YOU. Whether the individual who notified your employer went too far or not, that is a matter of opinion. It ain't my style, but I hardly think he did anything wrong. The author didn't break any rules, you did. And considering he knew your name I can only assume he has patronized the store you used to work in and is familiar with you. Since I don't drive 5 hours to get my shooting supplies I'd say it safe I don't know who you are and have no desire to know.

Once again, if you're going to make accusations about me, feel free to do it in private. The fact you're throwing such an unsubstantiated claim out there for everyone to see tells me what a sorry piece of s*** you are, and likely would have been canned eventually anyway. Edited by TMF
Guest dubaholic2

I don't know who it was for sure, I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm just going by the context clues. I admit that what happened was my fault, I should have expected someone to cry about it. Also, you don't know me. You've read a few posts on a discussion board, so your unsubstantiated opinion of me could not matter less. Do I make a few bucks when I can? Yes. I'm broke, in college, and have a wife and young child I'm trying to support. I can't fathom how that makes me immoral or a piece of ****, but think what you will.

I don't know who it was for sure, I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm just going by the context clues. I admit that what happened was my fault, I should have expected someone to cry about it. Also, you don't know me. You've read a few posts on a discussion board, so your unsubstantiated opinion of me could not matter less. Do I make a few bucks when I can? Yes. I'm broke, in college, and have a wife and young child I'm trying to support. I can't fathom how that makes me immoral or a piece of ****, but think what you will.

This quote says it all.

I admit that what happened was my fault, I should have expected someone to cry about it.

You continue to take almost no responsibility for what happened. You still don't believe you did anything wrong, other than speaking about it publicly.

The opinions of you are hardly unsubstantiated. You admitted to doing something that was obviously against company policy. The act of buying something so you can turn a profit may leave your character up for debate, but your willingness to openly and proudly break a company policy while doing so makes your character very clear.

I work for a company who sells product at wholesale prices to retailers. We do not sell to the public. We are allowed to purchase the products for our personal use at a discounted rate. If my company found out I was buying product, then turning around and selling it for a profit, I would find myself in the same boat as yourself.

Being a single-father who receives virtually zero child support and zero government assistance, I have found myself in some very tough financial situations during the almost 10 years I've been employed with this company. Never once did I ever consider risking my job by breaking company policy. I would do almost anything else, but losing my job isn't one of them.

The fact that you would risk the livelihood your wife and child depend on speaks volumes to your real character. The fact that you then come on here being a whiny bitch is just icing on the cake. Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 1
Guest RevScottie

I don't know who it was for sure, I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm just going by the context clues. I admit that what happened was my fault, I should have expected someone to cry about it. Also, you don't know me. You've read a few posts on a discussion board, so your unsubstantiated opinion of me could not matter less. Do I make a few bucks when I can? Yes. I'm broke, in college, and have a wife and young child I'm trying to support. I can't fathom how that makes me immoral or a piece of ****, but think what you will.

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe it was the fact that you felt you deserved the perks because of the "idiots" you had to put up with is where you crossed the line? I can't imagine any CEO not taking some kind of action against an employee for calling his company's customers idiots on a public forum. You also valued yourself above the customers walking through the front door.  Firing you is debatable depending on what kind of employee you have been but you are truly a nightmare as far as PR for Gander Mountain is concerned and people have been fired for a lot less.

[quote name="dubaholic2" post="886795" timestamp="1358358290"]I don't know who it was for sure, I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm just going by the context clues. I admit that what happened was my fault, I should have expected someone to cry about it. Also, you don't know me. You've read a few posts on a discussion board, so your unsubstantiated opinion of me could not matter less. Do I make a few bucks when I can? Yes. I'm broke, in college, and have a wife and young child I'm trying to support. I can't fathom how that makes me immoral or a piece of ****, but think what you will.[/quote] You accused me of being responsible for losing your job and your wife and child suffering. This is why you are a sorry piece of s***. I don't know you from Adam, let alone have your name, phone number or do I have the inclination to write your employer. I warned you several pages ago that you could be fired for your actions. It is clear in your posts that such warnings only made you more agitated. Now it seems I was right for warning you and how do you repay me? You accuse me of getting you fired??? Perhaps you simply could have heeded my warning, asked nicely for folks to remove your quotes and kept your job. Instead you chose to be a d**k about it and the blame the guy who saw this a mile away and gave you plenty of warning. You can go to hell. I feel sorry for your wife and child that they have such a piece of garbage for a provider.
  • Like 1

While it was not very smart of Dub to admit what he was doing on a public forum that requires no membership to read....writing that letter and getting him fired was a very sorry thing to do...way more sorry then selling pmags at a profit.  I can't stand all these people whining about high prices and price gouging because of their piss poor preparation.  Even more maddening is we have members on here that knowingly back out of agreements that are on paper or email but then want to take a "moral high ground" when it comes to their gun hobby.  If you think the current prices suck...its real simple...dont buy.  All this sh*t will blow over like the last 2 times everyone panicked and paid too much for ammo and mags.  Unless the government collapses or people really do turn into zombies(which sometimes i don't think would be so bad) having a few less pmags or 1,000rds less ammo really isnt going to hurt you...besides...if you waited til now you were never prepared anyway.

• Like 1
Guest twpayne75

Well this thread has taken a left turn.

Although I don't think the reselling of mags from work is the high moral ground, I think that writing a letter to the employer is no moral plateau either.

This is supposed to be a semi-local gun COMMUNITY, where people look out for and help each other. My paid membership here just ran out. That is probably the only reason I have not been banned from here. Because my lack of being able to post in the classifieds has probably saved me.

I have not sold anything other than some optics and they were for the same as I could have sold them 6 months ago. I have not bought anything either.

For those of you looking franticly for an AR: (which is why we are in this to begin with) How have you lived as long as you have without an AR, only to realize that you may not be able to have one, and then decide you can't live without one at any cost? That's insane!!!!!  If I didn't own one or more a month ago I would never own one, and I'm sure it would have very little effect on my life as a whole. What will be hilarious is when nothing major happens, the price settles back down, and a bunch of people are selling this stuff off in a feeble attempt to pay off their maxed out credit cards because they paid $2500 for a $800 rifle.

Enough of that rant. I want to apologize for some of the outcomes in this thread. I know there are still people willing to do whats right. I got some Winchester Ranger RA9T 9mm the other day off a member that was selling it for less than I could probably have bought it a year or more ago. I hope he sees this and knows I appreciate it. I will not be selling it off at a profit (I will shoot the $hit out of it) And I plan on getting more of it for my friends and family that will actually use it.

Guys, now more than ever we need to stand together. Together we stand, divided we fall.

Guest RevScottie

so let me get this straight now...this thread has now turned to it's somehow wrong to complain to management about an employee who refers to customers as idiots and said he doesn't care what they think about his questionable activities? Really?

so let me get this straight now...this thread has now turned to it's somehow wrong to complain to management about an employee who refers to customers as idiots and said he doesn't care what they think about his questionable activities? Really?

pretty much looks like that to me... it was suppose to be about embarrassed to sell an AR at the moment...not embarrassed to sell p-mags... people open themselves up to be criticized when they tell there story... seems like the thread just picked it up and ran with it, including yourself

Im sure you have never refered to your customers as idiots?  I have been in Gander post crazyiness and overhearing the conversations between customers I would be inclined to agree there are a bunch of mental midgets in that store.  Yes to go out of your way to get someone fired (who admittedly didnt help his own case) is yes wrong.  This is a gun forum for public conversation not for being a cry baby because someone did something you didnt like (that wasnt illegal).

Im sure you have never refered to your customers as idiots?  I have been in Gander post crazyiness and overhearing the conversations between customers I would be inclined to agree there are a bunch of mental midgets in that store.  Yes to go out of your way to get someone fired (who admittedly didnt help his own case) is yes wrong.  This is a gun forum for public conversation not for being a cry baby because someone did something you didnt like (that wasnt illegal).

i sort of agree with you but not with him for gouging...lol if that makes any since.. i would of just kept it on here...would not of gone out of my way to write a letter to the company... in any case it is what it is and !@#$ happens for a reason