Two Dollar Bill... For Real?

Guest bkelm18

I really wouldn't blame people for not knowing there's a two dollar bill. It may be legal tender but I honestly haven't seen one in probably over a decade, and have probably only seen maybe 2 of them in my whole life. For people who don't go to gun shows or titty bars, they're likely to go their whole life without ever seeing one.

I really wouldn't blame people for not knowing there's a two dollar bill. It may be legal tender but I honestly haven't seen one in probably over a decade, and have probably only seen maybe 2 of them in my whole life. For people who don't go to gun shows or titty bars, they're likely to go their whole life without ever seeing one.

But what would be the point in living?

• Like 1

I knew you wuz pretty tight with a buck, but wow.  :) :)

Actually I always kept it because of the picture on the back, seems some people did a pretty good thing some 230 odd years ago.

It is supposed to be in my wallet for good luck.  I am scared to think how my luck would be if I did not have it there ;)

When I was robbed at gunpoint 8 years ago they took the other cash I had but did not take the 2 dollar bill, dumb asses probably thought it was phoney.

You know how I know you go to gun shows? Cuz it's the only place they give $2 bills as change!

Not true we had a bachelor party for my friend and the strip club would only make change in $2 bills. The groom-to-be asked the bartender for change for a $100 bill and received 50 $2 bills ;)

Well then I think the only logical conclusion is that strip club owners also go to gun shows!   :D

My grandfather always gives a $2 bill to any family member, friend, neighbor, or anybody we know when they have a newborn baby. I thought it was just an old tradition or something, but haven't heard of anyone else doing it. Anybody else heard of this?

This thread also reminds me that he never went to any gun shows. I may need to ask him where all these $2 bills are coming from.

Edited by JD_
Guest cardcutter

I saw in the news a couple of years ago where something similar happened a a Walmart. The hauled the guy into the managers office and called the police. The cop ate the idiot manager a new one.

My father had a teo dollar silver certificate in his collection.Those are realy rare.

I

My grandfather always gives a $2 bill to any family member, friend, neighbor, or anybody we know when they have a newborn baby. I thought it was just an old tradition or something, but haven't heard of anyone else doing it. Anybody else heard of this?

This thread also reminds me that he never went to any gun shows. I may need to ask him where all these $2 bills are coming from.

I give them to the grandkids when one of them loses a tooth

My dad used to collect coins, and worked in a coin store for a little bit, so I've always known what $2 bills were. Apparently, I think it's Clemson or somebody has some kind of basketball game tradition involving stamping $2 bills with their logo. I got paid for some pizza at Domino's entirely in 2s. I kept as many as I could when I cashed out but ended up using one to pay what belonged to the store. Next day one of these high school girls is all excited cause she found a $2 bill in the register. I told I had 9 more in my truck and she freaked out, said she had never seen em before.

[quote name="bkelm18" post="871289" timestamp="1356792573"]I really wouldn't blame people for not knowing there's a two dollar bill. It may be legal tender but I honestly haven't seen one in probably over a decade, and have probably only seen [i]maybe[/i] 2 of them in my whole life. For people who don't go to gun shows or titty bars, they're likely to go their whole life without ever seeing one.[/quote] My wife's grandpa sent me in the house to get a key to something out of his man drawer in his dresser. Beside the keys was a beautiful ivory gripped Colt with gold inlays that was a gift to his father in a presentation case and a couple rubber band bundled stacks of what looked like about $1000 in $2 bills!
[quote name="JWC" post="871986" timestamp="1356853975"]My wife's grandpa sent me in the house to get a key to something out of his man drawer in his dresser. Beside the keys was a beautiful ivory gripped Colt with gold inlays that was a gift to his father in a presentation case and a couple rubber band bundled stacks of what looked like about $1000 in $2 bills![/quote] Now that is a BA man drawer right there. Add a bottle of 40year old scotch and it couldn't get any cooler.
[quote name="TrickyNicky" post="872015" timestamp="1356867138"]Now that is a BA man drawer right there. Add a bottle of 40year old scotch and it couldn't get any cooler.[/quote] No Scotch but he had the other things, knives and knick knacks, etc. He's a great man. Can sit and talk about guns and hunting all day. Lived in FL all his life and reminisces of the old days before tourism and foreigners. His dad was a lawman and spent time as a caretaker on the property that became all the Disney stuff. 'Course concerning the $2 bills, maybe Grandpa is a stripper and we didn't know it, lol. He drives the bus for the senior center and he picked up a lady that gave him a lot of them. So actually maybe she was a stripper.