"We the people will not comply."

Well, I think it's finalized. 

The suggestions have died down... let it out into the world!

I'm looking into what I need to do to make it available.

Email me the AI file and I'll check it for scalability. Don't need to hand that one out except to printers and folks like that. I didn't even check what I snatched off this site.

That JPEG from above is pretty good. Starts getting a little hairy when you pump it up to T shirt size. I'm guessing the illustrator file doesn't do that.

No, that's a small version shared from my website.  The original version is HUGE and I am retaining copyright for the time being.

ConText%20NonCompliance-S.jpg

This size and version is good to go for any reasonable personal purposes, including printing, copying, emailing and web publishing. NOT for any use that results in financial gain.

I trust my TGO friends, it's the rest of the world that concerns me.

Guest The Dude
When my Graphic Wizard is speaking to me again, I will work on various versions with color, other "evil" weapons, etc. (A pink upper and lower AR and an AK are in the works.)

I look forward to it! Can I use the image on other forums I visit?

Guest TNSovereignty

Good stuff.

However, I'm the kind of guy that looks for consistency of thought/actions.  Ruthless consistency.

Many folks here love the graphic, as do I.  Some of these same fans also went on record wanting to fry a different member for spelling out HOW he would not comply.  Maybe this other member wasn't shrewd enough with his language, and he probably went overboard with his invective against other members.  But basically he was spelling out the problems and potential reactions to federal overreach & tyranny.  

I understand that this site is for mutual education, fellowship, and encouragement ... not the place for anarchist wannabes.  That's why I'm here.  But our sovereign state also needs to have intelligent dialogue on the issue of WHEN "We the People WILL NOT COMPLY."  Looks like the graphic is telling us that our non-compliance should come from the barrel of an AR15?  When might that occur?  Might it occur?  Are we men enough to discuss the issue without name-calling?

Bottom Line - Great graphic!  

Some of these same fans also went on record wanting to fry a different member for spelling out HOW he would not comply.  Maybe this other member wasn't shrewd enough with his language, and he probably went overboard with his invective against other members.  But basically he was spelling out the problems and potential reactions to federal overreach & tyranny.  

I understand that this site is for mutual education, fellowship, and encouragement ... not the place for anarchist wannabes.  That's why I'm here.  But our sovereign state also needs to have intelligent dialogue on the issue of WHEN "We the People WILL NOT COMPLY."  Looks like the graphic is telling us that our non-compliance should come from the barrel of an AR15?  When might that occur?  Might it occur?  Are we men enough to discuss the issue without name-calling?
It’s been going that way in a multitude of threads so far.

As I stated before I don’t like the “We the people” part because it isn’t true. “We” (EBR owners) are nowhere near the majority of “The People”. If this issue went to a vote; we would lose. “We will not comply” for me means that we will not turn in or voluntarily surrender or weapons.

It’s a great graphic and most here love it. I’m not the artist and this wasn’t a poll; I can make my own. But the font to me implies the 2nd amendment, and soon as you make that argument you are dead meat.

I’m up for discussing this issue without name calling, but I’m not sure this thread is the place to do it; this thread is about the graphic. There are a bunch of other threads discussing this.Or maybe this is the place to discuss it if we are discussing when and where we will not comply?
Guest TNSovereignty
I’m up for discussing this issue without name calling, but I’m not sure this thread is the place to do it; this thread is about the graphic. There are a bunch of other threads discussing this.Or maybe this is the place to discuss it if we are discussing when and where we will not comply?

You're right, of course ... my apologies for hijacking a neat threat on a great graphic.  But I'm quick on the trigger when it comes to shooting holes in inconsistencies & hypocrisies.  Seems there are some who like the idea of resistance when placed in a graphic but cannot abide someone who spells out what historical resistance movements/insurgencies look like.  

You're right, of course ... my apologies for hijacking a neat threat on a great graphic.  But I'm quick on the trigger when it comes to shooting holes in inconsistencies & hypocrisies.  Seems there are some who like the idea of resistance when placed in a graphic but cannot abide someone who spells out what historical resistance movements/insurgencies look like.  
Cut to the chase. There is non-compliance, resistance, and threatening someones life with a deadly weapon. Which are we talking about?
  • Moderators
On this subject noncompliance and threats of force cannot be separated. They are essentially the same thing. When government agents arrive to force compliance with an unjust law that you have thus far refused, they will do so from behind the gun.

To state "I will not comply" when it comes to the subject of the tools of self defense, you are making a threat of violence. If you are not prepared to do violence then you are better off complying from the beginning. The government is serious with its threat of violence to ensure your compliance, just ask Randy Weaver or any of the surviving Branch Davidians.

That is why I went with "We the People" rather than "I" or "We."

I or We might as well be "I own an AR, follow me home and confiscate it" or it might as well read "FU."

WTP is more a philosophical objection to a proposed unconstitutional piece of legislation.

If they were trying to run roughshod over any other Amendment, this graphic would be just as applicable.

• Like 1
Guest Charis

As the artist in question, maybe I can shed a little light from a general standpoint.

This graphic, and the variations I've made, and most likely will be making on the request of members (pink? really? I'm so sorry), started as most things do. Someone said "wouldn't it be cool if... ", someone else saw that comment and passed it on, until it ran into me, who could make it happen, and did.

It started with "I will not comply", and after much back and forth with MattCary, we got "I will not comply", "We will not comply", threw in a little Molon Labe, added another gun and a flag, and somewhere in there I personally thought that "We the people will not comply" would be the most appropriate, since the issue at hand is a Constitutional issue, directly related to words in and rights expressly secured in the text laid down by the founders of our country. Upon request, the actual text from the constitution was used in the place of the font I used originally.

So if you want to know what the artist was thinking, it was that using "We the people" directly linked the graphic to the Constitution and "will not comply" is the the refusal of American citizens to just bow down and give up their rights to the aggressive efforts of others to remove or limit those rights secured expressly in the documents that created the USA, as we have done since the documents were written. Slavery, voting, spousal and child abuse, safe working environments... these are all things where citizens have stood up and said "We the people will not comply" to the injustice and the stripping of rights of a portion, possibly a minority, of our people. I firmly believe that the graphic harkens back to our very beginnings and our many struggles to become a free and just society, for ALL of our citizens, no matter how small the minority.

Having said that, I'll share something I have learned in my years of graphics work and know to be fact - Every person that sees a piece of art, be it the Mona Lisa or a simple graphic like this one, will see what they want to see in it, not because of any conscious effort to ignore the artists meaning, but simply because each persons past and beliefs color everything they see and hear, that is human nature. As an artist, I do try to make MY meaning, or the meaning I've been asked to convey, as clear as possible, but I will never be able to create any graphic, ever, that makes every person who sees it realize exactly what I meant when I created it.

I am personally not calling for an armed insurrection, nor am I encouraging anyone to do anything except stand up for their rights and the rights of all Americans. I am simply conveying what I believe to be a strong American value, that we, the people, will not stand by and allow ourselves and our fellow citizens to be stripped of rights, for any reason, much less reasons so irresponsible and misleading and patently false as the ones used by the anti-gun movements.

Guest TNSovereignty
Cut to the chase. There is non-compliance, resistance, and threatening someones life with a deadly weapon. Which are we talking about?

All of the above ... they're inextricably linked.  Do you think I'm being ambiguous?  Chucktshoes nailed it here:

On this subject noncompliance and threats of force cannot be separated. They are essentially the same thing. When government agents arrive to force compliance with an unjust law that you have thus far refused, they will do so from behind the gun.

To state "I will not comply" when it comes to the subject of the tools of self defense, you are making a threat of violence. If you are not prepared to do violence then you are better off complying from the beginning. The government is serious with its threat of violence to ensure your compliance, just ask Randy Weaver or any of the surviving Branch Davidians.