Daniel Defense Rifle - Ordered!

jcj

Based on another thread I discovered that DD is doing things the "right way" with the AR scare in full force.. Decided to use them to buy my second (but hopefully not last) black rifle.

Here's what I ended up with:

Lower: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point

Upper: Daniel Defense M4 Upper Receiver Assembly

Barrel: 16" 5.56mm Lightweight Carbine CHF Barrel - w/LPGB

Daniel Defense Superior Suppression Device (.223 /5.56mm)

Complete Bolt Carrier Group (5.56mm)

Modular Float Rail 12.0

Fixed Front/Rear Sight Combo

riflebuild.png

Nice looking rifle! I was just on their site going thru the rifle builder. About half way thru the "order is closed til 12 midnight" message popped up. Guess they are only taking a certain number of orders per day.

Did they give you a lead time til delivery?

They're taking enough orders every day to meet the quota they can get out the door to avoid having long lead times. As I understand it, that's about 100 rifles/day.  Ordering was supposed to open at midnight Eastern, but it didn't actually become available until around 2am.  Guess they got through that daily order allotment in the past two hours. Yikes. Figuring a $1,500 base price (minimum) * 100 rifles = $150K worth of rifles in two hours. Wow... 

Lead time is approximately 10 days.

• Administrator

That's a nice stick!  I was extremely impressed with DD's method for dealing with the current shortage, and equally tempted to buy something from them to show some support.  I'm thinking about two basic carbines that I can gift to my kids in a few years.

[quote name='TGO David' timestamp='1356954924' post='872898']That's a nice stick!  I was extremely impressed with DD's method for dealing with the current shortage, and equally tempted to buy something from them to show some support.  I'm thinking about two basic carbines that I can gift to my kids in a few years.[/quote] Thanks! That's my plan as well assuming we're still permitted to sell/transfer these evil black rifles when my son is old enough. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
[quote name='Schafer503rd' timestamp='1356966392' post='872961']Great ! I will be up tonight anyway[/quote] Good luck! I was disappointed when the rifle ordering system wasn't available at midnight as noted on the site, but it came online sometime around 2. Hopefully it'll make an appearance tonight as well. Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Can we order DD rifles through dealers?  Or do we HAVE to use the DD builder on the web site?

I talked to DD on Friday. The online builder is the method they're using to process current orders since it allows them to easily limit the order volume.  Don't think they're taking direct orders from dealers right now so they can more easily control the flow of incoming orders.

Guest LRJETCAP

I own this exact gun, you will LOVE it.  Almost went with the M4V4, but finalized the decision to go with the V7 when I held one.  Bought it in August of last year for 1350, now they are selling on GunBroker for 2700.  Absoulutely ridiculous.  Enjoy it!

Well hell, I ordered mine on the 30th and haven't seen anything yet...

Has your order status changed from "processing" to "pending" ? I saw a couple of orders placed after mine that shipped yesterday. Seems they're not necessarily going in order.

Has your order status changed from "processing" to "pending" ? I saw a couple of orders placed after mine that shipped yesterday. Seems they're not necessarily going in order.

It's been at pending for well over a week now. I'm not bitching, I'm happy they're able to make them at all without price gouging. Congrats on getting yours.

That's a nice stick!  I was extremely impressed with DD's method for dealing with the current shortage, and equally tempted to buy something from them to show some support.  I'm thinking about two basic carbines that I can gift to my kids in a few years.

Gathering early support for dad of the year?

I like it...
  • Like 1

My rifle finally made it to my FFL. It was supposed to be delivered on Friday but apparently a weather delay caused it to take until today.  Gotta wait until they get it on the books (which I was told will be Wednesday/Thursday) to go pick it up. 

My rifle finally made it to my FFL. It was supposed to be delivered on Friday but apparently a weather delay caused it to take until today.  Gotta wait until they get it on the books (which I was told will be Wednesday/Thursday) to go pick it up. 

2-3 days for them to check in a gun?  Dang!  Takes D&T Arms a whopping 5 minutes ... and 4 of those minutes include Dave, the owner, fondling the firearm! LOL

2-3 days for them to check in a gun?  Dang!  Takes D&T Arms a whopping 5 minutes ... and 4 of those minutes include Dave, the owner, fondling the firearm! LOL

Can't say I was thrilled about it either.  That said, I personally saw the massive pile of guns waiting to be checked in (a combination of incoming stock and transfers).  Part of the crazy times we're in I suppose....