"Did you contact your Reps to day" Roll call

Today I received this reply to my email I sent in December from Senator Corker.

Dear Mr. J,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary and the issue of gun control. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

Like any parent, I was heartbroken to hear about this tragedy, and like other Tennesseans, I have the victims and families in my thoughts and prayers. Given such an unspeakable act of violence perpetrated on children, it's appropriate to talk about what we're doing to keep our communities safe, recognizing the issues involved are complex, especially when it comes to identifying and acting upon the warning signs that always seem to precede these incidents.

While I have always believed that it is critical to ensure that firearms are kept out of the hands of those who have lost their constitutional right to firearm possession, the right to own firearms for shooting, hunting, and self-protection is important to me as a Tennessean and as an American. Should legislation dealing with our Second Amendment rights come before the Senate, I will certainly take your concerns into consideration. I also wanted to share the steps I have taken to protect our Second Amendment rights in the attached "Policy Points" document.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senatoriqtrk.gif?crop=14370.7301462.6737014.786

It had an attachment titled:

Bob Corker’s Policy Points
Compiled by the Legislative Team of U.S. Senator Bob Corker
Protecting Your Right to Bear Arms

• Like 1

Got a quick reply today from Dickerson .......

xxxx:

I want to thank you for contacting me.  I appreciate your email and value your opinion.  I am still researching all the gun issues that may arise this session and will keep your input in mind moving forward.  Thanks again for contacting me.

Warmest regards, 

Steven Dickerson
Senator, 20th Senatorial District
301 6th Avenue North
Suite 310 War Memorial Bldg. 
Nashville, TN 37243
Phone (615) 741-6679
sen.steven.dickerson@capitol.tn.gov

• Like 1

1 filisbuster, 1 planes and tanks, calls to Alexandes and Corker, 1 from the NRA site, 4 from the Gov site on firearms.

And 1 to

Minneapolis reveals General Mills' support of gun summit

http://minnesota.pub...ous-gifts.shtml

Here tell them what you think about it!

http://www.generalmi.../ContactUs.aspx

Told them they lost over 2 million customers today for this.

• Like 2

Obamunists control mass media and it is their main strength. They bribed (using our tax money) celebrities to promote their anti-gun agenda. Obama already replaced 2 justices in supreme court with anti-gunners.

We need to wake up more people. We have only social media. Let's use it.
I had sent a letter to every e-mail address in my contact list. It was over 200 e-mails. I hope you all have contact lists and majority of your contacts are the people capable to think and understand. Most of you also have Facebook, Youtube and LinkegIn accounts. Use them.
Just do it. It takes at most 20 minutes
Here is the text. I urge you to improve it and be creative

Hello Everybody

Yesterday, January 24 Senator Dianne Feinstein introduced a bill designed to ruin America. Essentially this bill eliminates 2nd amendment to our constitution.

2-nd amendment protects you even if you do not own any gun. Now every punk from inner city knows that every responsible citizen can have effective weapon to protect the law and order. The bill, if implemented will effectively disarm us and let without tools to contain violence. The punks from inner city will be in your nice neighbourhood at once. Criminals will outnumber and outgun you. Police will protect ruling elite and celebrities. Nobody will protect you.

Dianne Feinstein and other communists already have solution for the crime outbreak. It will not be long when president will declare the state of emergency and FEMA operatives will be at your door. To pick your children and send them to relocation (concentration) camps. And these operatives will have real assault rifles and will kill you if any resistance. It already happened in New Orlean. They already built FEMA concentration camps all over the US. Stalin, Hitler and Mao Tsze Dong successfully played this game in Russia, Germany and China. America can be the next. New York and Chicago already fall to the hands of the communists

It is not too late.

Write your elected official. Remind them that you will never vote for unti-gunners. Request them to repel Feinstein's bill.

Attend every 2A rally you can. Let communists know our numbers

Join NRA now. I do not like NRA. But it is the only group that really cares for human rights.

Sell extra guns (you might have) to the patriots. After all it is very profitable now. The more good rifles in the hands of good man the more chances for America to survive.

Boycott every event where organizers banned modern rifles from exhibition.

Boycott every business posted “no guns” sign

For your international flights use Atlanta airport instead of New York and Washington

Broadcast my letter to your friend and relatives

Here are the useful links to contact your elected representatives:
http://www.house.gov/representatives/find
http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Either we stay as one or fall as many

• Like 1

not sure about my reps response:

Dear E:

Thank you for contacting me concerning gun regulations and the heartbreaking tragedy that took place at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, where 20 children and six adults were murdered.

This was one of the most horrific events that has ever occurred in this Country. It touched almost everyone in a deeply moving and personal way.

I have always believed that the worst thing that can happen to anyone is to outlive one of their children. My wife and I can easily remember when our children were the ages of those who were killed in Newtown, and we now have five grandchildren, from ages three to nine, with one more due in late February.

While many more people were killed on 9/11, almost all were adults. The only comparable events in the U.S. when many children were killed are the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City and the deaths of the children at the Branch Davidian Compound in Waco, Texas.

No one will ever know for sure why this killer committed theses horrible shootings. Pastor John Wood said in his December 16th sermon at Cedar Springs Presbyterian Church in Knoxville where I attend that he believed many young people have been desensitized to killing by years of watching violent video games, movies, and TV shows.

Other factors may also play a part in these terrible incidents. Almost all school shooters for many years have come from broken homes and apparently have been deeply hurt by divorce or absent parents. Most have also been young men and boys who have been on anti-depressant medications.

There have been many calls to tighten up our gun laws and greatly increase security at our schools. However, news reports have said that the Connecticut killer shot his way into the Newtown school, which was considered very secure, and there is no practical way to ban all guns in this Country.

These terrible killings in Connecticut were apparently caused by deep-seated psychological problems.  As much as some people hate to admit it, guns have prevented many thousands of crimes and saved untold lives each year.

If some deranged person is determined to kill, he can find a way. The children killed in Oklahoma City and Waco were not killed by hand guns or assault weapons.

It would be a mistake to make a rush to judgment based primarily on emotion. We need to study the tragedy in Connecticut and all the other school shootings over the years. I am open to considering something new or different in trying to prevent a similar incident in the future.

One suggestion I heard on the Sean Hannity radio program was to hire retired police officers, or some with only minor disabilities, as school safety officers and make sure there is an armed guard at every school in this Country.

I am open to similar suggestions, and I hope with all my heart nothing like this ever happens again.

I really cannot imagine the pain of the parents of these little children, especially occurring just before what is supposed to be the happiest time of year.

My heart goes out to them.  I have prayed for them and hope there is more that we can do in a reasonable, responsible way.

Rest assured I will keep your thoughts in mind when any proposal comes before the U.S. House of Representatives for a vote.

Once again, thank you for contacting me about this important issue. If I can be of assistance to you, your friends or family in the future, please do not hesitate to call on me. 

With kindest regards, I am

Yours truly,

JOHN J. DUNCAN, JR.
     Member of Congress

1 filisbuster, 1 planes and tanks, calls to Alexandes and Corker, 1 from the NRA site, 4 from the Gov site on firearms.

And 1 to

Minneapolis reveals General Mills' support of gun summit

http://minnesota.pub...ous-gifts.shtml

Here tell them what you think about it!

http://www.generalmi.../ContactUs.aspx

Told them they lost over 2 million customers today for this.

Thanks for the link.  Just sent General Mills notice that their products will not be welcome in my home until they publicly announce a change in their policy of condemning civil rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.

• Like 1

Today I received this reply to my email I sent in December from Senator Corker.

Dear Mr. J,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary and the issue of gun control. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

Like any parent, I was heartbroken to hear about this tragedy, and like other Tennesseans, I have the victims and families in my thoughts and prayers. Given such an unspeakable act of violence perpetrated on children, it's appropriate to talk about what we're doing to keep our communities safe, recognizing the issues involved are complex, especially when it comes to identifying and acting upon the warning signs that always seem to precede these incidents.

While I have always believed that it is critical to ensure that firearms are kept out of the hands of those who have lost their constitutional right to firearm possession, the right to own firearms for shooting, hunting, and self-protection is important to me as a Tennessean and as an American. Should legislation dealing with our Second Amendment rights come before the Senate, I will certainly take your concerns into consideration. I also wanted to share the steps I have taken to protect our Second Amendment rights in the attached "Policy Points" document.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senatoriqtrk.gif?crop=14370.7301462.6737014.786

It had an attachment titled:

Bob Corker’s Policy Points
Compiled by the Legislative Team of U.S. Senator Bob Corker
Protecting Your Right to Bear Arms

got the same one as well

3 more last night, 5 today, arms to Eygpt, firearms, wellfare reform.

and this one

President Obama said it's understandable that people are protective of their family traditions when it comes to hunting so “gun-control advocates also need to do “a little more listening than they do sometimes” in the debate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/27/obama-gun-control-advocates-should-listen-more/

The 2nd is not ABOUT HUNTING, it is about defending yourself from people and

others that want to do you harm and not "if" but WHEN more than 3 or 4 bad guys come at you, you WILL need more than 10 rounds, maybe 20 or more.
Bad guys dont come alone as they are COWARDS!!!
The 2nd "Shall not be INFRINGED"
There are laws on the books, that you dont have time to enforce,

you VP Biden said that.
Work to enforce those.

President Obama, we do listen, we listen VERY WELL and we know the

left want to take all our firearms, they will use any means at their hands to do so.

The members of Congress do as "WE the PEOPLE"
want, not what the President wants.

Just sent this

Mr President, if you want compromise in gun
control you should lead, not demand, repeal all
gun laws, and start over.

Lets start with the 2nd Amendment.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the
security of a free State, the right of the people
to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

There you go, nothing more needed, the Founding
Fathers were very smart men, a lot smarter than
you or I, as they new what the future would hold
for this great country.
Over the years laws have been passed that
infringe on the 2nd that are unconstitutional.
NOW THAT IS COMPROMISING.

Call now if you haven't already........ their offices are still open. :usa:

NRAaction001.jpg

It's time to OVERWHELM them with support for the 2A. I will say that it made me feel good that I had to keep calling because the lines were busy. I hope it's fellow 2A supporters!

Edited by Batman
  • Like 1