"Did you contact your Reps to day" Roll call

TAKE ACTION! INSIST Senator Lamar Alexander OPPOSE the motion to proceed on S. 649 (Harry Reid’s gun control bill), SUPPORT the Paul, Cruz and Lee filibuster, and, OPPOSE gun control at every opportunity. Call 202-224-4944

Called the Senator's office and spoke to a staffer. He said they had been getting a lot of calls. Also stressed that Lamar better start representing the wishes of the peole of TN or he will not be relected.

• Like 1
Just called the offices of Senators Alexander and Corker. I spoke with staff who answered the phone, both were friendly but business-like.

I simply told them who I was, and where I live. I asked them to oppose the universal background check which is slated to come up next week. Both offices promised to pass along the message.

To be candid, I was not prepared for someone to answer, but rather to leave a recorded message. This also tells me not enough folks are calling in. The word I have heard elsewhere is the auto emails don't get the attention that written (typed or handwritten) letters and phone calls do.

I encourage anyone who has not called, to do so. Polite, but to the point, no new gun laws please.

Senator Alexander- 202-224-4944
Senator Corker. 202-224-3344
  • Like 1

I just sent a second batch of emails to the Corker and Alexander as well as a letter to Rand of KY thanking him for his leadership on the filibuster.  In case I missed them, here are links to their websites in case you are google challenged. My emails were short, direct, and polite.

http://www.corker.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/contactme

http://www.alexander.senate.gov/public/

I was incredibly disappointed in four of my friends that I haven't seen in a while last weekend when none of them had contacted Senators.  These are guys that have internet access, graduated from UTK with me and have grown up shooting all their lives and for some reason have not taken 5 min to due their part.  I don't understand how people can think that their responsibility as a citizen ends after voting.  The media is creating a fabricated pressure on gun rights advocates, we need to support and defend our rights.

• Like 1

Send more out today. Air Force One flew the parents of Sandy Hook victims to Washington to lobby for more gun control. Think I can get a ride on Air Force One to lobby against gun control?

Now THAT is disgusting. Using OUR money to transport people to lobby against OUR rights. Where does it stop? I'm surprised AF One was available. The obama girls must be between vacations right now.

Contacted Alexander, Duncan, and even wasted one on Corker.