Permit holder looses gun in theatre. Found by children

""I'm a Boy Scout and Kolton and me took a hunter safety class. One of the rules is that you treat all guns as if they're loaded," Levi told KPTV.

“Who would do that? Seriously, there’s a bunch of people that go to that theater and they put a gun in there,” Kolton told KGW.

Somebody who’s “careless” and “reckless,” Wright said."

Wow. This is just blowing all sorts of anti-gun fallacies to pieces, isn't it?

"Hunter Safety Class Good For Kids" should be the headline.

I'm a medic at a place where a lot of people visit to enjoy their vacation here in wonderful TN. A person lost his pistol which he was carrying in his back pocket. A child who went on the ride found it gave it to his parent to be turned in. The owner did not have a carry permitt and called back when he noticed it was lost 2 hrs later. Long story short, thank the good Lord no one was hurt.

I'm a Boy Scout and Kolton and me took a hunter safety class. One of the rules is that you treat all guns as if they're loaded," Levi told KPTV.

"train up a child in the way he should go" -- some truths never change!!!  training our children how to use and respect fire arms is the best way to protect them from accidents. we should satistfy their curiosity in a safe and constructive way and stories like this would become the norm. however some people will never get it!

• Like 1
I was reading this story to the wife and expressing the need to reinforce gun rules to our children at all times.

Her reply...."How do you loose your carry gun?" She says. Then follows up with "That's like you loosing your penis, surely you would notice".

......That's why I married her.
  • Like 2

Oooh, classic Beretta 1934!  A shame to lose such a nice pistol! 

Perfectly safe to carry on half-cock with a round in the chamber.  The half-cock is very strong and it will not fire if dropped like that.  The safety is a joke, so you should not carry it cocked and locked.

I can't help but think that something like this can happen to anyone.  We are all human and subject to making mistakes.  In this case, praise should go to the two kids who acted properly, and to their parents who got them into Boy Scouts for good training.

Guest seawolf138
I think there is a comma missing...but it wouldn't surprise me if he said "I'm a boyscout, and Kolton and me took a hunter safety course..." I know plenty of adults that would find nothing wrong with the grammar that statement, so I'm definitely not going to discount it from a kid. I try my best to use correct grammar, but I am guilty of using TN english as much as the next guy (or gal). So I try not to judge. :-) Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Knowing humans I can see someone loosing their carry gun, I bet it happens quite often just being careless and unaware. I wear a pancake holster that slides an inch or so between belt loops so i'm always adjusting it when I stand and sit and often feel my handgun through my shirt. And I thought I was being a little over-paranoid about loosing it.

I guess I must be paranoid or OCD or both.  When I am public I must look like a 1st base coach because I keep checking for my phone, keys, wallet, and gun constantly...  I bet the guy didn't have a holster and had it in his pocket and lost the gun at some time during the movie.   

How can you lose your carry gun?  Likely the in the same way you can sit down in a public toilet, do your business and then notice there is no toilet paper.

As much as we all like to think this can't happen to us and suggest that this guy was stupid and we'll never be that stupid; I would suggest that the only people who this cannot happen to are people who don't carry. Everybody who does carry needs to get into the habit of checking our carry weapon every single time before we leave someplace we've been and on a regular basis in any case.

• Like 1
Guest Mad4rcn
"I'm a Boy Scout and Kolton and me took a hunter safety class. One of the rules is that you treat all guns as if they're loaded," Levi told KPTV.

Do you think he really said  "me took a hunter safety class"?    

Me thinks he prolly did.

I'm NOT sorry to hear that the gun owner's carry permit has been revoked, even for what was possibly a momentary error. Giving the guy the benefit of the doubt, this could be the only mistake he's ever made while carrying a firearm, but it was a big one.

I'd like to think I could NEVER make such a grievous mistake, because I'm a way more responsible permit holder than this guy. However, I've locked myself out of my car before and left my wallet at home before and forgot where I parked at the mall before and worse things that I'd like to think I'm responsible enough not to do.

But, it only takes one mistake with a firearm and this could have been a deadly mistake.