Remington 700P LTR TWS?

JohnC

So tell me about the Remington 700P LTR TWS. Worth the cost? Better value out there? More accurate rifles out there for the money? http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/700pltrtws.htm What got me looking at this rifle was, at Bass Pro out in California, they had one on display with a Leupold MK 4 ER/T 4.5-14x50 with .10 mil M5 turrets. There was a target I assume was the factory test fire and it looked like it was 3/4 moa or so group. I got to fondle it for a while and really liked it. Thing was really light weight for what it is, too. That all said. I'm kind of lusting for this thing! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='gomer pyle' timestamp='1357255151' post='875481']what was the price? looks like a sweet rifle[/quote] Can't quite recall. The number that keeps coming to mind is $4k and not sure if that's bloated Bass Pro Cali pricing since I haven't looked online yet. But it came setup with that nice Leupold, Pelican hard case, bi-pod, etc. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So tell me about the Remington 700P LTR TWS. Worth the cost? Better value out there? More accurate rifles out there for the money? http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/700pltrtws.htm What got me looking at this rifle was, at Bass Pro out in California, they had one on display with a Leupold MK 4 ER/T 4.5-14x50 with .10 mil M5 turrets. There was a target I assume was the factory test fire and it looked like it was 3/4 moa or so group. I got to fondle it for a while and really liked it. Thing was really light weight for what it is, too. That all said. I'm kind of lusting for this thing! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You buy it and we will shoot my 700 VLS 308 Leopold VX-III 6.5X20X40 LR against it. It’s half the $3K they want for those. I doubt either of us could tell the difference, but with the barrel difference I think mine might outperform it.

What was the size of the group and the distance it was shot at?

[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1357259216' post='875548']what was the price? looks like a sweet rifle Around $3K. Its Remington number 25635, you can get some pricing in Bing. I saw $3K on Gunbroker and $3200 someone where else.[/quote] All the rifles online list a Leupold that only goes to 10x. The one at the Cali Bass Pro had a top of the line Front Focal Mark 4 ER/T 4.5-14x50 TMR with .10 mil M5 turrets. A much better and more expensive scope. I think that is why it was so much more, aside from Bass Pro Cali markup. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by JohnC
  • Admin Team
The rifle by itself can be had for around $800 if you look around. I really like the lightweight HS Precision stock. That was the selling point for me. It simply fits my frame better.

I like a shorter barrel in .308. Mine is 18" vs. the 20" that they've got on it now. I don't really put much in the fluted barrel. I don't think I shoot it enough to take advantage of the cooling it might offer.

I've got Leupold glass on mine, but nowhere near as nice a setup as is listed here. Mine's an easy MOA shooter. That is, the rifle makes it really easy for a guy like me to shoot sub-MOA groups.

That said, I don't think there's anything that makes the LTR any more accurate than any other similarly equipped 700.

Im a huge Savage fan, have and have had several models(Mostly their"Tactical"line up). Decided to buy a Remington 700 AAC-SD a couple of months ago, got it and put it in the safe while waiting for my B&C Tactical medalist stock to arrive, stock came in a week later went to the safe and pulled the rifle out and to my surprise it was covered and I mean covered in a light haze of rust and yes the safe had 2 Dehumidifers in it. Then once I got the gun thrown together it wouldnt feed properly be it in the B&C stock or the factory hogue stock, it instantly went on the selling block and I will stick with my savages that have never failed me and have always performed better than I could have asked. I spent right at $700 for my 700 out the door and then over another $200 on the B&C stock, I could have bought the Savage from the factory in a nice McMillan for the same price...

Yes...
Forgive me what's the differance between a LTR TWS and a 700P?
3K for the gun you linked to on slick guns appears to be way over priced.

700P is just the police tactical 308 rifle from what I can see.

The 700P LTR TWS is a really light weight model that has their "tactical weapon system" consisting of a pelican hard case, bi-pod, picatinny rail, scope rings, Leupold MKIV ER/T 4.5-14x50 TMR with .10mil M5 turrets.
The gun on remington's site has a different scope. I wonder why the difference?

Not sure. Maybe there was a backorder and they just installed the higher tier model scope, or maybe bass pro ordered it that way. :shrug:

I know my Leupold scopes, so I'm 100% positive that's what they had on the rifle out in Cali.