Airsoft

Guest gcrookston

Guest Taurus Pro

I am a former Airsoft player , the reason for the exact look weight and feel of the weapon is to simulate real combat. I played airsoft for 9 years and can tell you it is alot of fun and great exercise. This is also an alternative to paintball which is real expensive. I have although spent as much as $1,000 on an airsoft gun with upgrades and such, i had one of my M4's shooting 580 feet per second at a rate of fire of 32 bb's a second.

The game is played in woodland areas or in Mout facilities , i can how ever see what you mean about some kid waving them around and ultimately it falls onto the parents to control what there kids do with them. I have the sport with kids as young as 10 and can tell you most of them have more sense than some of the grown ups i have played the sport with.

In my opinion they should be treated like a real fire arm and always carried in a case with the orange tip on them.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest goomba

I've heard that TN is trying to pass a law that regulates them.

& as far as I understand current law, the orange tip is required for imports/sales. but you can easily paint it over....

anything that looks like a firearm, should be treated like a firearm

Guest Centennial

Air Soft guns can be used as very useful tools for force on force training as mentioned previously. Gabe Suarez and his instructors use them as such.

These devices are very useful for force-on-force training. Care must be taken with them. They will put an eye out. One should wear an approved mask, throat guard, long sleeve heavy shirt or sweater, gloves, groin protection for either sex, long pants, etc.

They will put a welt on you through a shirt.

Metro Police Training Academy uses them. I just spent a week there doing a refresher Rangemaster course.

The Airsoft guns Metro uses cost about $125.

NEVER play with them. They can easily cause a permanent injury.

For FOF applications, they are MUCH cheaper than Simunitions.

I travel a lot and get real bored during layovers so I tend to pick up magazines on a whim. So, last week, I grabbed the latest copy of "Combat Handguns" off the rack for the hell of it and they have an interesting article on the M15A2 (mimics the M16A2 almost exactly according to the article). Seems they make great tools for teaching the proper shooting position to our military.

BTW, here's a link to the mag's site if you're interested:

http://www.tactical-life.com/

Just click on the Combat Handguns tab for links to several articles in the mag. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a link to the M15A2 article there. :up:

• 3 weeks later...

OMFG. You guys can't be serious. Airsoft guns are great. I have a G&G GR16 and it is just a wee bit heavier than my "Real Steel" (that's what the 'softers call them) Bushmaster (unloaded). The orange tip, trigger pull and the fat handgaurds are just about the only differences from a real AR. everything else, except the charging handle, is exactly like the real deal. You can even zero it like an AR and it will hit the point of aim but with a ridiculous upward arc b/c of the hop up. And they sting like a SOB.

Besides, it's just plain fun shooting in the house when the wife and kids are gone. Just an old sweatshirt behind an IDPA target is all the backstop needed. Although I did catch heat for scuffing one door w/ my workboot.

But now since I was banned from the rest of the house and am confined to the garage:p, I can shoot whenever I want without worring about killing somebody in the next room.

100_0280.jpg

Unfortunatly, I have mine up for sale because the local Airsoft feild has had mostly all of thier skirmishes scheduled for when I have to work. :D

And YES, I do own real guns. And I treat this one with the same respect I do as my real ones. (except the room clearing stuff when the wife is gone with the real ones)

Edited by LA_357SIG
retracted negative rant about neglegent airsoft stereotypes...

I can post my collection.

m14001.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

airsoftgun014.jpg

Yeah i could have bought a few real guns with the money but Im young and still making it.

I dont even have my m249,mp5sd, or glock 17 pictured.

Airsoft can be a valuble training aid if used correctly. I would like to see some of you experienced guys try to assult a building with me in it. Im not going to say you wouldnt take me down but it kinda gives you a better idea on how a situation can change using a live target. Then try it again with a room full of hostages while not trying to hit any of them. The guns are accurate enough and shoot far enough for simulated building to building and room to room combat.

Edited by Jack

you guys know anyone wanting to offload a gas blow back pistol, I am need of one. I don't need anything special just something that works. I have a lot of stuff I am willing to trade.

I post this here cause it seems to be getting the attention of the airsofters on the board. I am not using it to game with, it will be used as a bad guy gun for a small class I am doing. Too small of class for sims but airsoft fits the bill.

Guest tcampbell

When I took handgun 2 with PRI, they used a Glock airsoft for training "clearing" exercises in a house and outside around the house. They didn't want you shooting holes through the house :-)