TNW Aero Survival Rifle - I got it, I like it

I just received the TNW Aero Survival Rifle today that I ordered last week.  Currently TNW has only 3 dealers listed on their website (none in TN).  If you haven't seen these yet, they are pretty cool. The rifle is offered in 9mm, .40sw and .45 ACP.  TNW will offer caliber exchange kits soon on their website along with a .22LR kit this summer--an exchange kit is a barrel and bolt. It uses AR grips and stock bodies, so you can customize if you like. It takes Glock magazines.  I bought the .40sw version, since I am a fan of the round, and I have a whole platform of Glock .40sw magazines available to use in it.  I was able to fit mags from my G22, G23 and G27 in the ASR.  TNW also includes an NC Star 4x30 scope and high-mount rings as part of the package... not my first choice for a scope, but it's there to play with or use as a back-up - current MSRP is $575.  I went with the standard matte black rifle, but they have two other offerings with nlime green or pink "tiger stripes", if that floats your boat.

The rifle has toolless takedown capability and will easily drop into a backpack.  The barrel is indexed, so assembly is very easy. The company plans to market some 3-day packs in the future that will have compartments made for the rifle and spare kits. I got a chance to run a few rounds through it and I am impressed.  I haven't had the chance to put a scope on yet and sight in, but I am stoked to get out and play with this rifle some more.

Here is a product demo video.  As you watch this, see if you can count how many times you hear the TNW rep say "You are correct."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzLnymcE9Fo

Hey DRAlarms:  I ordered mine from Waynorth Firearms - Tom Geisse is the owner. He is in Green Bay, WI. You can reach him at 920-676-3745 or waynorth@new.rr.com.  When I ordered mine all he had in stock were 3 of the .40sw versions.  He said he had an order in for all calibers, but if you want the .40 you could likely get it now. The .22 exchange kits arent supposed to be out until this summer.  Centerfire Systems was carrying them but they sold out and then shut down their website over the holidays with the boom of business.  There is another dealer in Oregon on TNW's website - I called them but the guy wanted to charge $100 over the MSRP on them.

Edited by BerettaBri
I like it. Seems like a handy little carbine that would be fun for the range and good for a get home bag. Now to just find one in 9mm... They picked an excellent time to release these on the market, bet the demand far exceeds their build capacity once people become aware of them.

As much as I like the gun (& believe me, I really, really like the gun) my only thought throughout the whole video was 'Dude, you're in short sleeves & shades. Do you REALLY need the gloves? You're just making all the cool strippy-downy features look awkward. And for god's sake.....SMILE! Quit being so serious! Stop using the word 'Utilize' too. USE makes you sound less like a tactitool'

They werent kidding that some of the off-brand Glock magazines don't work well in it.  I have one KCI 15 rounder that I can't get to go into the magwell.  I suppose if I absolutely had to use one I could cram it in, but I otherwise won't mess with it.  I have some Glock 23 rounders ordered that should get here in 3-5 years at the rate things are backordered with every dealer.

Rob - LOL... Yeah, the guy is a little hard to warm up to.  I could only imagine being at his wedding. "You are correct, I will take this woman to be my wife and I will utilize this woman for all intents and purposes in accordance with the law."

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...