A poll on favorite handgun vs phone OS

Spots

What do you prefer?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which handgun phone combination do you prefer the most?

• 1911 or similar/Android
    • Glock or similiar/Iphone
    • 1911 or similar/Iphone
    • Glock or simliar/Android
    • Other/Other (please specify in post)

I think there is truth in the basic concept you propose. I doubt its absolute though.  Iphones pretty much work right out the box, with few exceptions do exactly whats advertised, and arent as easy to tinker with as Androids.   I used to carry 1911's (stlil own some) and carried an Android...now im carrying a FN 45 and an iphone.  

Edited by barewoolf

Sounds very similar to my house, but double here. 2 iPhones, 2 iPads and 1 MacBook.

Looks like my house, except we got addicted to the Android platform while waiting on Verizon to get the iphone and we also maintain four Dell laptops. My baby girl turned us on to the wonders of the Macbook. Edited by LINKS2K
Guest Wildogre

Beretta, Android, and a iPad. Working on a FAL not sure what that makes me, tinker or old school?

I like to think that I pick the best tool for the job that I need it to do. 

Glock and iPhone V (on verizon). They both work every time.

+1

I have had Android phones, and I do have other guns, but the thing I love is that accessories for Glocks and iPhones are VERY readily available because they have both been around and are here to stay. Problem with Android phones is that I had trouble finding accessories for my specific Motorola model because they produce different models so quickly. Seems like they quit making new accessories for Android models like 6 months after they introduce the new phones. 

Also a comment about Verizon... I have had AT&T and Sprint in the past 3 years and finally switched to Verizon... can't tell you how happy I am with Verizon's service... I get a great signal at home AND at work which I just got one or the other with Sprint and AT&T. Had no problem with either Sprint or AT&T and their customer service... just got fed up with not having coverage where I needed it. 

Another reason I went with Glock... I am a pharmacist and Glock allows me to get the LE discount because I have to deal with narcotics, so that makes me a big fan of Glock!

Edited by TNBuck2
You'll like Verizon till you have to deal.with their customer service, or find out that your unlimited data package, or any good deal other than shared data goes away if you upgrade your phone..... I love Verizon coverage and speed, but I hate thier customer service and how they have started forcing people away from unlimited data, and making it impossible to keep anything other than shared data and upgrade
[quote name="glock55" post="881057" timestamp="1357869757"]Glock and Blackberry   Love the Glock   -----  Hate the Blackberry[/quote] They still make Blackberries? I thought the government was their only customer.
Guest bkelm18

They still make Blackberries? I thought the government was their only customer.

Hey at least the government is supporting some jobs. Even if its just RIM jobs.
[quote name="bkelm18" post="882659" timestamp="1358009605"] I've waited my entire life to make a RIM job joke.[/quote] I'm glad you didn't let the opportunity go to waste. I was going to work in a Canadian joke originally but couldn't think of anything good. RIM jobs never even occurred to me. A sign of old age starting to set in.

You'll like Verizon till you have to deal.with their customer service, or find out that your unlimited data package, or any good deal other than shared data goes away if you upgrade your phone..... I love Verizon coverage and speed, but I hate thier customer service and how they have started forcing people away from unlimited data, and making it impossible to keep anything other than shared data and upgrade

Haven't really had to deal with customer service yet... I have 4 iPhones on the plan and I like the shared data plan, but I knew what I was getting into before I signed up. The way I feel about it is that I actually have coverage now which enables me to actually USE the data plan that I have. With AT&T and Sprint I had so many service interruptions while listening to streaming radio that it was pointless to listen to streaming radio or music. I use a little or 2GB per month, but between my wife and kids and I we use less than 6GB a month, so the shared plan works pretty well for us. The coverage alone will make me put up with whatever customer service issues they have. 

Would definitely be tough to give up an unlimited plan though, just because I wanted a new phone...

Guest yzfMrLee
I have a glock 19 and a galaxy s3. I've had iphones in the past. My galaxy is rooted and running a custom Cm10 rom. I think the op was talking more about tinkering with the os. Not just making the phone look different or putting a case on it. My last iPhone was jail broken for a bit but it was too much trouble to keep it that way and didn't really change the experience of how the phone worked that much. With android os you can tinker more and really change things when you learn how. I do have an iMac though and I'm pretty fond of it. I gotta say though, Glocks are not exactly known for not being customized. I've tinkered with mine a bit. Trigger bar, mag release, slide release, take down bar, and a few other little things. Interesting thread, but I guess tinkerers are just gonna tinker. Edited by yzfMrLee

Another reason I went with Glock... I am a pharmacist and Glock allows me to get the LE discount because I have to deal with narcotics, so that makes me a big fan of Glock!

I did not realize that!  I am in pharmacy school so I will definitely have to check that out after I graduate.