Executive Order Plans

Biden: Obama Considering 'Executive Order' to Deal With Guns

Vice President Joe Biden revealed that President Barack Obama might use an executive order to deal with guns. 

"The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executives orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."

Biden said that this is a moral issue and that "it's critically important that we act."

Biden talked also about taking responsible action. "As the president said, if you're actions result in only saving one life, they're worth taking. But I'm convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of Americans and take thousands of people out of harm's way if we act responsibly."

Biden, as he himself noted, helped write the Brady bill.

Eric Holder was scheduled to be at the meeting that's currently taking place at the White House.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/biden-obama-might-use-executive-order-deal-guns_694984.html

Link includes video

Another & different story in the Washington Times at: 

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/57980-biden-executive-orders-action-can-be-taken-on-guns/

Edited by QuietDan
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how they keep saying the "overwhelming majority" of Americans want new action on gun control. The overwhelming majority of people I have spoken with do not support any new gun laws. They need to rephrase what they are saying to "the overwhelming majority of people that hate guns want new gun control".
  • Like 1
Guest Cold Dead Hands

EXECUTIVE ORDERS ARE COMPLETELY OUTSIDE THE BOUNDS OF THE CONSTITUTION. 

You still think there's time for talking? You still wanna waste time calling and emailing your reps? You think this would be dictator isn't making his move now? What are you doing to do about it? Lexington and Concord time is fast approaching while you continue your discourse that has befallen upon dear ears bent on enslaving you. YES. This is happening NOW. Time to get serious boys. What will you do?

It might be good for us. Think about it. Even lefties would get pissed @ this. He is tipping his hand with this new stunt and even some in the middle will see the implications. If Obama can usurp the 2nd amendment.....friends he can bypass the 22nd giving him unlimited terms. Also, consider this: If the statist/communist scum are doing this to us now while we are armed...........WHAT WILL THEY DO WHEN WE ARE DISARMED? Look at their actions now. Just picture their actions say one year from now. Our 2nd Amendment stands between American Liberty and total tyranny. If he gets away with an XO effectively disarming us the bill of rights will be next.
  • Admin Team

EXECUTIVE ORDERS ARE COMPLETELY OUTSIDE THE BOUNDS OF THE CONSTITUTION. 

You still think there's time for talking? You still wanna waste time calling and emailing your reps? You think this would be dictator isn't making his move now? What are you doing to do about it? Lexington and Concord time is fast approaching while you continue your discourse that has befallen upon dear ears bent on enslaving you. YES. This is happening NOW. Time to get serious boys. What will you do?

When we send you on vacation once, that's not an invitation to book another ticket. 

Enjoy the revolution.  But please...do it from somewhere else...

• Like 1

The article that I read earlier today indicated that the only items up for executive action related to enforcement of current laws (ie lying on background check app).  Now I can't locate this article, not that it was from a "source".  That the more serious issues (black rifle ban - refuse to refer use their term, mag capacity, background check at gun shows, etc.) are going through the deliberation then legislative process.  Is there anything that details what they are considering under the executive action? 

I don't want to downplay the attack our rights are under.  However, I do think going through the legislative process would be a tough road to hoe; given that there are alot of NRA card carrying people on both sides of the aisle.

I'm having a hard time sifting through the hysteria vs. what is real; again no doubt the lib media and tree huggers are trying as best they can to rid the world of firearms...I've just tried not to jump on the wagon and pay the $ to buy some of the guns I'm in the market for.  I've tried to not participate in driving the prices where they are, neither on the buying or selling side (now I've sold some things for reasonable prices, and can't buy what I want). From my cold dead hands!

• Like 1

I posted this in the wrong thread...one of the linked threads above.

The article that I read earlier today indicated that the only items up for executive action related to enforcement of current laws (ie lying on background check app will be punished). Now I can't locate this article, not that it was from a "source". That the more serious issues (black rifle ban - refuse to refer use their term, mag capacity, background check at gun shows, etc.) are going through the deliberation then legislative process. Is there anything that details what they are considering under the executive action?

I don't want to downplay the attack our rights are under. However, I do think going through the legislative process would be a tough road to hoe; given that there are alot of NRA card carrying people on both sides of the aisle.

I'm having a hard time sifting through the hysteria vs. what is real; again no doubt the lib media and tree huggers are trying as best they can to rid the world of firearms...I've just tried not to jump on the wagon and pay the $ to buy some of the guns I'm in the market for. I've tried to not participate in driving the prices where they are, neither on the buying or selling side (now I've sold some things for reasonable prices, and can't buy what I want).