Sig owners?

Guest jcoyle6

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fred LE FI
I'd love to hear your thoughts on the new 220 Carry editions over in my thread about them. :woohoo:

I only have experience with old school 220s. I think they are great weapons with limited capacity for their size. The 1911 is slimmer and has a better trigger.

The pictured one is a real beauty. I need to go fondle one soon.

• 2 years later...
Guest Goat Rider

Sir Yes Sir...... P226 Blackwater and P220 Equinox. the only people that are not SIG fans are people who have not had the pleasure.

I have always been partial to FNH products. I own a FNP-9, FNP-45, Five Seven, and SLP Mark 1. Hopefully, I will get a SCAR and a PS-90 later this year. However, I bought my first Sig two weeks ago, and it is by far my favorite gun. It is the best gun I have ever owned or shot. If all Sigs are of this quality, then I definitely will be buying additional Sigs in the future. I just took a picture with my Droid (don't have a good digital camera). Hopefully the picture will load. Being new to the forum, I am still trying to learn how to use it as well as learning to use my phone.

20100703091536.jpg .

Edited by Daniel
Guest Oaklands

My sig P229 is one of the best guns I own. It is a .40 with no muzzle flip. I did add a recoil reducer, but it did not really need it. I shot a glock in a .40 and did not like the feel, the flip or the gun period. A sig is a big step ahead of a glock. I know I risk getting flamed, but I have shot 2 glocks and was not impressed at all.

Guest motonut

Picked up a Sig P229 .40 Equinox about a month ago. Unfortunately I haven't even fired it yet.

2v0yas1.jpg

Edited by motonut
OK OK, glock has a following.... Are there any Sig owners among us?

Personally I own and carry the SigP220R w/ sig night sights.

A nice 3 year old post brought back to life on a gun that has become a part of my life.

So yes I do own a few. :)

Guest Phantom6

I've got a black nitron P238 with rosewood grips and Siglite night sights as well as a 9mm P6 (P228). Getting ready to Cerakote the P6 but can't make up my mind about the color. Thinking about a reverse two tone with Satin Mag on the frame, barrel and grip screws with a Graphite Black on the slide,trigger, hammer and controls. kinda like this-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]260[/ATTACH]

Might exchange the Graphite Black for Hunter Green. :)

Aghh. So many colors to choose from.

I once owned a beautiful Sig P226 Elite 40 cal. I absolutely loved the gun but it stayed in my safe except for trips to the range. I got in a pinch for some cash and sold it. I immediately replaced it with another Sig, an SP2022 40 cal. My cousin had bought one in a 9mm and then bought the same in a 40 cal. I had shot them both and was very satisfied with them so I knew I was getting a great gun. I want to also get the 9mm version.

Once you own a sig there just isn't anything else that compares. at least for me......yet!

It is a 226 X-Five L1. I have been wanting one for quite some time. I found one online and the price was the cheapest I have seen. I called about the gun, and asked if the price was correct. They said yes, and I bought it right then. This gun is absolutely fantastic. It shoots way beyond my ability. I can take 1.5 inch to sometimes (if I'm lucky) sub 1 inch groups at 10 yards. However, the gun has the capability of shooting 1 inch groups at 25m, which the only way I could possibly do that is through divine intervention. If you can pick one up, I would highly recommend it. You won't be dissappointed.

Guest malbolja

BTW - The SIG factory Armorer-Instructor actually held up a SigPro and asked if anyone's Agency issued it. When no one replied, he said "Good, glad to hear it - it's a POS. The only real mistake SigArms ever made".

That surprises me. I have not shot one but the great majority of folks who own them seem to love their SIGPros.

I have owned several Sigs. The GSR was a jamomatic and the trigger guard on the 225 rubbed a blister on my trigger finger. Also a large pistol for it's capacity (fairly slim, though). Had a 229 DAK briefly, didn't care for the trigger.

Currently

220 Ernest Langdon

229/.40

239/.40

250/9MM

Had a few teething issues with the 250. Some rounds ejected straight back, fewer as time went on, tapering off to none after a few hundred rounds. A few light primer strikes that fired on second strike - except for Wolf, which it hated. I put 2 small lock washers inside the hammer to preload the main springs a hair and have had no LPSs since. Very slight increase in trigger pull weight, but hardly worth mentioning. It carries very well.