Will we march on Nashville?

Guest Baron

I understand that , unlike the 99%ers, we have jobs and our free time is usually highly rationed. However, we do have a responsibility and that is to our Constitution and Republic. Can we...will we practice our 1st Amendment rights to help protect the 2nd?

My personal vision, a thousand plus gun owners peacefully demonstrating in front of the state capital. They are armed with only signs and none are dressed like hunters or commandos. They all look like everyday professionals, farmers or parents just spending a few hours to be seen and heard and then return to their other obligations. 

Is there something already in the works? If not, its past time to get the ball rolling. 

Looks like there is a push for action on the 19th. I am making plans.

http://www.facebook.com/events/144639815690301/

"Armed with only signs? Might as well wave a white flag..."

Put a gun on your sign? Seriously though, I would check to see if it was even legal to carry on the property.

In any case, here is the issue.

Gun owners and supporters are going to back us no matter what. Anti-gun supporters are going to fight us no matter what facts or rationalities are thrown at them. No tactic is going to win them over.

What lies in between is the majority who do not feel strongly one way or the other. They are going to side with who they think is safe and reasonable. Waving our AKs and ARs in the air in front of a government building is not going to paint that picture. It would only be used against us by the media which is about 90% with the gun grabbers.

There is a time to pick up a pen.

There is a time to pick up the phone.

There is a time to pick up a sign.

And, if the others fail, a time to pick up a gun. 

Edited by Baron

...My personal vision, a thousand plus gun owners peacefully demonstrating in front of the state capital.

That's about .0001 % of TN population.  What exactly would such a pitiful turnout like that really convey? Overwhelming 2A patriotism or lunatic fringe?

They are armed with only signs and none are dressed like hunters or commandos. They all look like everyday professionals, farmers or parents...

Right. That'll happen.

- OS

• Like 1

Im in contact with the person who is heading up the Nashville protest on the 19th. He is just now getting things together so I will share the information as it comes in.

I understand it is very easy to be pacifistic about such an event. It is easy to consider it silly or undoable. 

But let me ask every member here something...

If undesirable gun laws do see the light of day, can you honestly say that you did EVERYTHING within your power and within the law to stop them? 

Is your best replying to forum posts made by other pro-guners the limit of your ability? Maybe you went WAY out of your way and used a website to send automated letters to officials. If so, let me award you with the badge of internet bravery. 

For me, I want to make sure I can say I did everything in my power. I have been heard by sending money to NRA and GOA. I have been heard by writing letters to my officials till I am sure they are sick of me. I have also funded contests to help promote others to get involved.

Its time to be seen and I will do so by standing in front of the capital with a pro 2A sign. If I am alone, looking like a failed idiot,  so be it. 

Someone will have a gun, someone will do something stupid and the cops are going to start shooting. Another "Kent State"? There's better ways of conveying our message. Good luck to you!

Dave

yeah.......... let me know how that works out

Someone will have a gun, someone will do something stupid and the cops are going to start shooting. Another "Kent State"? There's better ways of conveying our message. Good luck to you!

Dave

I see this a lot. Heck, I would be lying if I didn't consider the possibility myself.

However, as gun owners, have we not faced these "what ifs" hundreds of times? Like, "If you give everyone carry permits, there will be shootouts like the old west". The truth? Nothing happened.

Here is a "what if". If someone wanted to take some drastic action like this, they could just open fire at any of the gun shows. The last Memphis one had about 400+ people just wanting to get in the door. Im sure the media would love to cover such a tragedy and end gun shows forever...yet...it hasn't happened.

There is only one "what if" I am conceded abut...

What if Obama, Feinstein and their ilk get heir way?

I beleive I'll let my NRA membership money do my talking. All of us gathering at the capital is going to do nothing but make us look stupid. Heck, I do that pretty good by myself, I don't need your help in doing so!

What I'm saying is...any gathering of that amount of people, some DUMMY is going to do something DUMB! It never fails, it's garaunteed!

Dave

Edited by DaveS