NutinFancy CALL TO ACTION: March on State Capitols, 19 Jan, 2013!

Will Tennessee Participate???

http://youtu.be/MUAfft7l4wQ

Published on Jan 9, 2013

WE ARE MARCHING ON THE STATE CAPITOLS ON JAN 19 2013 AT NOON LOCAL TIME. Watch video for details and check out www.guncontrolmorecrime.com. This is another in a series of many Calls to Action (CTAs) here in TNP as we work as a unified team to defeat anti-self defense gun legislation in 2013. The proposed AWB seeks to criminalize millions of good Americans is a power grabbing, Marxist attempt at people control. We stand and be counted NOW, not cower in our houses hoping for the best and ranting anonymously on the internet about crap that doesn't matter. Time to nut up or shut up.

One thing is for sure... now is not the time to sit back and be an observer. We don't need the wild-eyed rants like Alex jones, but we do need to be heard. A very large number of people must be heard saying "NO" to the stupidity going on in DC and by the media. Whether it is contacting our reps repeatedly, peaceful demonstrations, supporting the NRA, intelligent campaigns on YouTube and the media, or other means, we must let them know that We The People will not stand for it. Nothing has been done yet, but no doubt they are sizing up their opposition every day.

Seriously...... Is anybody going to show up? Or is everybody going to be standing in line at the gun shows for a poor selection of overpriced merchandise? If we don't show up, there may be no future gun show line to stand in?

Aaron

Great. Is there an attorney on here that can speak definitively on the legality of CCW at such an event?

Aaron

Posting statute is fairly clear here, although there's nothing to prevent the state from posting the area the day before the event, even if it isn't now.  Knoxville, for example, has posted areas during events that would normally otherwise be legal within which to carry.

But my main concern -- I'll just reiterate same concerns I put in the FaceBook organizing top in Events: who's in charge?

Who's going to determine what actual firearms actually show up at all these things? Especially in TN, where you may be legally stopped and questioned regarding carrying ANY firearm. I've not even seen any plan about whether people are to show up unarmed, or carrying within the law only, or whatever?

Plenty of folks are going to show up open carrying. You don't think some people are going to show up with ARs slung over their shoulders? Does everyone understand that having even one round of ammo on your person while carrying a rifle is unlawful carry under TN law?

I'm pretty concerned that HCP carry may be the least of the possible problems here. Sure wouldn't take much to make a gathering like this devolve into a huge PR negative.

Sorry to seem to be a namby-pamby about the whole thing, but the entire Gun Appreciation Day thing seems remarkably unorganized by an unknown person first spearheading it, but now that it has evolved into 50 state capitol marches, it's taking on an entirely different scale of uncertainty.

Hell, if actual firearms are in evidence at all, I won't be surprised to see some of the commie states roll out the friggin' national guard. Seriously.

Other threads onsite here:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/58462-join-the-facebook-page-guns-across-america-tennessee-rally-on-january-19th-page-is-now-viewable/?view=getnewpost

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/58456-whos-going-to-the-state-capital-on-the-19th/

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/57398-facebook-call-for-nationwide-2a-peaceful-demonstrations/

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Gun Appreciation Day will share the weekend that another group is honoring MLK Jr.  They probably won't buy this as a mere coincidence.

Yeah. MLK. Who was shot. With a rifle.

Note that the Gun Appreciation Day mystery man Larry Ward has never called for these demonstrations, so there's no national coordination at all, no suggestions for activities, gun possession, whatever, at least that I can find?

- OS

Posting statute is fairly clear here, although there's nothing to prevent the state from posting the area the day before the event, even if it isn't now.  Knoxville, for example, has posted areas during events that would normally otherwise be legal within which to carry.

But my main concern -- I'll just reiterate same concerns I put in the FaceBook organizing top in Events: who's in charge?

Who's going to determine what actual firearms actually show up at all these things? Especially in TN, where you may be legally stopped and questioned regarding carrying ANY firearm. I've not even seen any plan about whether people are to show up unarmed, or carrying within the law only, or whatever?

Plenty of folks are going to show up open carrying. You don't think some people are going to show up with ARs slung over their shoulders? Does everyone understand that having even one round of ammo on your person while carrying a rifle is unlawful carry under TN law?

I'm pretty concerned that HCP carry may be the least of the possible problems here. Sure wouldn't take much to make a gathering like this devolve into a huge PR negative.

Sorry to seem to be a namby-pamby about the whole thing, but the entire Gun Appreciation Day thing seems remarkably unorganized by an unknown person first spearheading it, but now that it has evolved into 50 state capitol marches, it's taking on an entirely different scale of uncertainty.

Hell, if actual firearms are in evidence at all, I won't be surprised to see some of the commie states roll out the friggin' national guard. Seriously.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/58462-join-the-facebook-page-guns-across-america-tennessee-rally-on-january-19th-page-is-now-viewable/?view=getnewpost

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/58456-whos-going-to-the-state-capital-on-the-19th/

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/57398-facebook-call-for-nationwide-2a-peaceful-demonstrations/

- OS

I understand your concerns and share some of them myself but I think you're describing "grassroots" as a negative thing, perhaps unintentionally.

I understand your concerns and share some of them myself but I think you're describing "grassroots" as a negative thing, perhaps unintentionally.

Certainly, not dissing the sentiment, or even the effort, or the actual necessity of grassroots efforts.

It's just that the only significant press we're getting is BAD press. Jones, Yeager, NRA video. Pratt and Ward being sacrificial lambs on MSNBC and CNN, etc.

And now we've got what appears to me a quite hasty and disorganized run on 50 state capitols with the distinct possibility of confrontation, and gawd forbid worse. Is anybody even getting permits for these things, in the various states, for example? This thing  just piggybacked spontaneously onto the one thing that was at least centrally promoted, the Gun Appreciation Day, but Ward and his sponsors have nothing to do with the demonstrations.

So those are my concerns.

I don't mean to be a downer. I hope it all goes off well in 50 states, and with enough turnout in each to suggest a unified front rather than fringe element.

If I lived near Nashville, I'd probably attend, though I'd stay as far on the outside edge as possible, as the last time I was actually in a demonstration I was 21 years old, got bonked on the head with a nightstick,  and had to live furtively for about a month. :)

- OS

Not for me to try to dissuade anyone, but I'm posting this FYI.

Gun Appreciation Day will share the weekend that another group is honoring MLK Jr.  They probably won't buy this as a mere coincidence.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/clarence-b-jones/nra-king-gun-appreciation-day_b_2440998.html

No problem, just bring a pocket calander and show and remind anyone who complains that MLK day is "MONDAY" 1-21-13, Not Saturday 1-19-13. Sorry, they can't claim the whole weekend before.

If this is already been discussed I apologize but, there will be HCP holders who will be carrying, my dumb question is what part of the TN.Capitol building is off limits to handgun carry?

Unless it's changed the grounds of the capitol aren't posted, only the building...  It's not clear if anybody short of the legislature could post the grounds of the capitol as it appears to fall under the 39-17-1359(f) exception.  Not that I would suggest testing that theory if they do post the grounds (but I seriously doubt they will).  People have been seen carrying on the grounds during other protests in the past and there haven't been any reports of problems.

Also, just FYI a single signature by Beth Harwell (R)INO could remove the posting for the Capitol Building.  She is the only reason it's still posted.

- OS

I am concerned that one hot can make this go south fast. I would love to see a more organized rally with a group to regulate stupid. I hope it goes well and it turns out to be a good thing for the gun community.  I still think that some anti-gun people are going to go and drumm up some trouble just help the anti-gun groups.

I am concerned that one hot can make this go south fast. I would love to see a more organized rally with a group to regulate stupid. I hope it goes well and it turns out to be a good thing for the gun community. I still think that some anti-gun people are going to go and drumm up some trouble just help the anti-gun groups.

Need to pass the word there for everyone to "regulate stupid"/(people), most all there will be responsible gun owners who want to have a positive rally. As far as Bolshevik infiltraitors, as Hickock45 said they need to be outed when discovered.
Guest Springfield1911guy

If this is already been discussed I apologize but, there will be HCP holders who will be carrying, my dumb question is what part of the TN.Capitol building is off limits to handgun carry?

I don't think carrying a gun to this thing is really that important. What's important is that there are BODIES there to show how pissed off we are.

I don't think carrying a gun to this thing is really that important. What's important is that there are BODIES there to show how pissed off we are.

I'm not saying to sling your MAK-90 and walk around, but I have my HPC and usually carry most places and this is no different.

• Like 1

No problem, just bring a pocket calander and show and remind anyone who complains that MLK day is "MONDAY" 1-21-13, Not Saturday 1-19-13. Sorry, they can't claim the whole weekend before.

All three day weekends get tagged in the common parlance:  "Fourth of July Weekend", "Labor Day Weekend", etc.

And now you've got Ward's stirring the "slaves/gun" pot, and even though he has nothing to do with the marches, they're now going to be seen as part of Gun Appreciation Day.

Whether fair or not, the "optics" are what they are, PR ain't necessarily dependent on logic, and it simply isn't a plus by any stretch.

- OS