walmart and ammo

Anyone know about when the Smyrna Walmart gets their shipment? Ive been dying to break in my glock but Ive only been able to get hollow points.

I don't know but I've been in there looking at empty shelves the last 10 or so times I've went looking for ammo. Guess someone has the connection at this Walmart too, like some of the other locations. Its irritating.

I don't know but I've been in there looking at empty shelves the last 10 or so times I've went looking for ammo. Guess someone has the connection at this Walmart too, like some of the other locations. Its irritating.

Im going to start going as soon as I get off of work at 630 in the morning. If thats when they get the ammo in I can pick some up for others as well. 

• Like 2
That's exactly right. WinterHaven Florida Walmart fired the main store manager for dealing with the local gun store. At least that's what the sporting goods gal told me. Sucks. But the managers are the criminals here, not the shelf stockers.

I just spoke with the stocker at the Smyrna Walmart and he said there is a guy that comes in with 4 or 5 of his friends and they clean out all of the popular ammo at least 2 or 3 times a week. He said this had been going on for about the past month. 

I just spoke with the stocker at the Smyrna Walmart and he said there is a guy that comes in with 4 or 5 of his friends and they clean out all of the popular ammo at least 2 or 3 times a week. He said this had been going on for about the past month. 

That would explain a lot. I'm sure this is going on at a lot of them, and a lot of fellow members here have been saying they thought the same about their local Wal-Mart. For me, I don't live that far from Wal-Mart, it's the other side of town, but for people that live in rural areas have to drive 10-15 miles to come check on ammo, that's a lot of gas wasted for nothing. And these guys clean out the shelves and don't even want it, then expect you to feel sorry for them for their time and gas when they could've left the *$%! ammo on the shelf since they knew they weren't going to need it, and let those in need have a shot!

Edited by rugerla1

What would be funny is, if you showed up with a few of your friends and bought before these a$$clowns showed up( several times a week). It may make them slow down a bit. But until people stop buying from these resellers, it will never stop. I personally hope they get to a point where they can only unload it for less than they paid for it.

I went to the South Knoxville Walmart yesterday at 8 am. nothing in the case. Asked the man behind the counter if he had any to put out. He said what are you looking for. I said .223. No don't have that. I said .22lr, he said no don't have that. I said well what do you have? Again what are you looking for? What about 357? Yes got a couple of boxes. When he opened the cabinet under the counter there were quite a few boxes in there. Ended up with 2 boxes of 357 and a 100 round white box of 9mm. Seems he wasn't going to give me a chance to buy just whatever he had, I was going to have to ask for it. so just because the case is empty, don't give up without asking.

• Like 1

I went to the South Knoxville Walmart yesterday at 8 am. nothing in the case. Asked the man behind the counter if he had any to put out. He said what are you looking for. I said .223. No don't have that. I said .22lr, he said no don't have that. I said well what do you have? Again what are you looking for? What about 357? Yes got a couple of boxes. When he opened the cabinet under the counter there were quite a few boxes in there. Ended up with 2 boxes of 357 and a 100 round white box of 9mm. Seems he wasn't going to give me a chance to buy just whatever he had, I was going to have to ask for it. so just because the case is empty, don't give up without asking.

That's shady.  My buddy went there yesterday at about 9:30 and picked up his 3 box ration of Tula 223.  He texted me to let me know they had 4 boxes left, but I passed.