walmart and ammo

I have a bad feeling that some guys are go8ng to get confrantional with the breakfast club members soon. I have spoke with guys looking for ammo almost everytime I go into walmart, and all of them have expressed severe dislike and disgust with the people who buy their limit every morning in every caliber they can find. Its not worth a fight to me, but I would laugh to find out a reseller got his ass beat at. Wally world.

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere
  • Like 2

I have a bad feeling that some guys are go8ng to get confrantional with the breakfast club members soon. I have spoke with guys looking for ammo almost everytime I go into walmart, and all of them have expressed severe dislike and disgust with the people who buy their limit every morning in every caliber they can find. Its not worth a fight to me, but I would laugh to find out a reseller got his ass beat at. Wally world.

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

Exactly.

Saw a case worth of 7.62 on the shelf last night, at my home town wallyworld. Pretty sure he stocks late afternoon. Could see all of the empty boxes and the profiteers hadn't made thier rounds, yet.

Hopefully everyone stops paying the crazy prices on Armslist or Gunbroker and the profiteers get stuck with their ammo.

After a talk with a fellow shooter friend of mine, I have decided not to look for ammo anymore. I'll wait till summer when it's too hot to ride and maybe by then things will have simmered down a bit. Best way to conserve ammo i have found is to not shoot it up. Air rifle came in last week so I'll be shooting it instead of my .22 and AR ammo.

...why not just pay the inflated prices that some are asking?

Because that would only contribute to the problem.

Buddy of mine works at the OR Walmart he called last night and said they had Win. .22 555 and 1000 round black boxes of .22. First I've heard of .22 coming in 1000 round boxes, but he generally knows what he's talking about. Edited by BrasilNuts

Has Walmart taken away the ability to check store inventory of ammo online?  I used to be able to get a list of stores close to me and a note of "in stock", "limited stock", or "out of stock", but today it's just saying "Store information not available"

Has Walmart taken away the ability to check store inventory of ammo online?  I used to be able to get a list of stores close to me and a note of "in stock", "limited stock", or "out of stock", but today it's just saying "Store information not available"

On some of the ammo it's not available. Others it is. They pulled the ammo inventory online awhile back because it was more often wrong than not given the insane pace at which people were buying ammo.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
Wally 5616 got a good sized shipment, but not sure what was received.

Edit.......I finally got to take a quick look. 9mm, .380, .40, .45, 30-06 Springfield and some 12 guage. Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

SMYRNA.....Stood in line with 25 other people in hopes of getting 9mm or 45 ACP was third in line got 3 boxes of 9mm only 1 hour...then found out I locked my keys in the truck.

All gone this AM

Edited by urdubob

Wally 5616 got a good sized shipment, but not sure what was received.

Edit.......I finally got to take a quick look. 9mm, .380, .40, .45, 30-06 Springfield and some 12 guage.

Army Vet.....Thanks for your updates for Wally 5616. I wish I lived closer and could take advantage of the info.

SMYRNA.....Stood in line with 25 other people in hopes of getting 9mm or 45 ACP was third in line got 3 boxes of 9mm only 1 hour...then found out I locked my keys in the truck.

All gone this AM

ConGrats urdubob, this is what you have to do to get ammo at WW. (Not so much locking your keys in the truck). If your not there when the ammo hits the sales floor your not going to get any, not with 25 people standing in line. You go to WM, AS, or SW looking for ammo after 11pm and your chances of finding anything are slim to none. Even standing in line at 7am is a crap shoot, you never know whats coming in. But one thing for sure is, if your sitting at your PC at 5am complaining about how unfair it is that the Resellers, Hoarders and the Breakfast Club people are getting the ammo and your not, you may want to do what urdubob did.

The walmart here has had 45 sitting on the shelf since Saturday its 100rd wwb

This may be a sign things may be slowing down. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Wally 5616 got a very small shipment. I caught a glimpse of two boxes, but I do not know what they contain.

13x boxes of Federal Champion 50 round boxes in 9mm and for the first time ever, a 40 round value pack of Winchester white box in .223. As always, thank you for the information!

Edited by Cartel

Turkey Creek and Walker Springs had Tula .223 and WWB .45 on the shelf this morning.   Apparently the pre-dawn crowd burned up their allotment on the 9mm that came in. 

I was happy to get my ration of .223, even if it was just Tula.  

• Like 1

I think it might be coming back. Snagged a 100 round value pack of .223 in Cool Springs at 1 pm yesterday... broad daylight... they had 9mm too. I snagged 2 boxes of that.

" . . . coming back" means you don't feel compelled to snag it . . .

• Like 2