walmart and ammo

Think I would get photos and if possible the photos of their vehicles. Of the crybaby resellers. They complain to you or make a big deal of it tell them to go home cry to someone else. I hope these resellers who are taking advantage of this market get stuck with what all they buy and cannot unload it for more than they paid for.

Now if i was to come across a good deal I would get ammo for my friends, not to resell but to help them since they cant seem to find any ammo either.

I could make a lot of money selling some of my ammo, but then i wouldn't have anything to shoot when it came to it. A gun is nothing but an expensive paperweight without ammo.

I sold some ammo last week, I just came to the realization I had a lot more than I needed. I sold 9/40/38 for $20 a box and also 100ct .22's, just to try and make things easy. It did not sell fast at all and I was really just breaking even on it. I am not really believing these guys are selling that much.
It was sad too the department manger was trying to make sure each person got a box. I only wanted one and my buddy with me that only owns a Marlin 22 and doesn't shoot except when I take him (got scared 25 years ago by a miss fire but I'm working on him got him to fire my Mosin last week) only wanted one and didn't understand the problem with ammo shortage till this morning. He got more pissed then I did at them lol. Just not as vocal as I get.

Heck one guy had a fold up chair sitting there on a laptop checking stock at places and prices on gunbroker. The woman with them was bragging on buying at more than one place all week.

Since I lost out there in drove to athens to Dunham's which is closer to home since they had 22 yesterday afternoon but wouldn't sell it to the wife till this morning.

There was twenty people at the doors and i could spot the resellers, they stand out now in the crowd. The doors open and people ran like it was walmart black Friday lol. I walked casually in and when I got back there they was grabbing at 50 round boxes like it was MRE's in Africa . I said screw that and grabbed some surplus 7.62/54 off the shelf.

WalMart really needs to stop putting out ammo at the same time everyday.  That is the only way this bullshit is going to stop.  Put it out at random times, don't tell anybody when and fire any employee who is found to give out previous warning of the next day's inventory.

The second thing I would like to see is this gunbot shit that is somehow scanning all websites for ammo postings disabled.

Thirdly, when there are no more posts on the internet of "so and so has ammo now, I just bought some, go have fun scrambling in my tracks", then will this foolishness end.

Agree with Garufa. I'm not going to get mad at someone trying to help someone else out but these people who buy just to jack up the prices when they resell I don't get. I know we live in a capitalistic system, but Jeez, stop whining when there is a 1-3 box limit. One of the reasons why i stopped buying ammo.

Today I traded even with a friend on here, 3 boxes of my Green-tipped ammo for 3 boxes of reguar remington .223.  Helping my friend out since he only had plinking ammo.

Gunbot has it's plusses and minuses, though I agree, someone needs to hack it and shut it down. As for the ammo sales at wal-mart, I think they should give everyone who is in line a number, if they draw your number you get to buy, if not, better luck next time. Maybe a bit of keeping these resellers on edge will counter their everyday screwing the rest of us out of a chance at ammo.

If people would quit buying from the resellers, the issue would resolve itself.<br /><br />Remove the profit from being at Walmart at 6am, that will end the motivation.<br />

I agree with you about not buying from the resellers. But not everyone at WM or AS at 7am is a reseller.

• Like 1

I agree with you about not buying from the resellers. But not everyone at WM or AS at 7am is a reseller.

True I stop by on mornings on the way to work when ammo will be put out. I often buy for friends and family also since they cant make it there. Yeah it sucks how some are extorting the situation right now but there is not much you can do about it.

I've just been turning in the larger resellers for suspected tax evasion. It only cost me a little time researching them online and a stamp for the envelope. Got one that I totalled up over $2k in online ammo sales in the last 3 months. :wave:

• Like 5
I've just been turning in the larger resellers for suspected tax evasion. It only cost me a little time researching them online and a stamp for the envelope. Got one that I totalled up over $2k in online ammo sales in the last 3 months. :wave:

Sir i salute you, please share how to do it since I've got one on facebook I'm ripping apart for it that I would gladly turn in.

This made me smile.

Keep your self to your self..................karma is a bitch.

I think Adults handle things like adults............I don't like the resellers and flippers myself but how old are you?

I seen people get a good old fashion Alabama a$$ whipping for less.

When Obama or some other commie leader  makes gun ownership illegal every one who thinks you screwed them is going to turn you in over some imagery insult or slight!

Edited by urdubob
  • Like 2

for folks so upset over the people going in earlt just go before them

if you dont want something dont buy it

like others have said its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it

That is so true... but some of these youngsters act like they should always win and get what they want......if they don't.... they act like a bunch of cowards and turn them in to BIG BROTHER.

I am so mad right now I can hardly see. Who turns some one in for TAX EVASION............ over something petty like this.

I don't ever want to come in contact with anyone like that. Now I know why I dropped out of this hobby 10 years ago. Selfish spoiled little twits!

Grow up.

Keep your self to your self..................karma is a bitch.

I think Adults handle things like adults............I don't like the resellers and flippers myself but how old are you?

I seen people get a good old fashion Alabama a$$ whipping for less.

When Obama or some other commie leader  makes gun ownership illegal every one who thinks you screwed them is going to turn you in over some imagery insult or slight!

So who or what is this rant in reference to? :shrug: