walmart and ammo

I've just been turning in the larger resellers for suspected tax evasion. It only cost me a little time researching them online and a stamp for the envelope. Got one that I totalled up over $2k in online ammo sales in the last 3 months. :wave:

this is very upsetting

Rory, much like yourself I'm gainfully employed, pay my taxes, and get off my ass and Vote every chance I get. I still wear the white hat and always balance out to the good karma wise.

Eric,

I have replied with a PM..... But what you did was not the right thing to do.

Posting my personal info again was quite childish.

Turning someone over to big brother is WRONG....Keep your self to your self.

Edited by urdubob
To you guys who are turning in people reselling ammo. Yes it sucks, yes it pisses me off. But remeber, if you ever bought a vehicle and wrote down any price other than what you paid, your guilty of it. If you ever bought or sold at a flea market or yead sale without paying taxes on the stuff, your guilty of it. If you sold a gun for a profit your guilty of it. Yes this stuff is silly and yes almost everyone here has done those things. That doesn't make them any more legal or ok than reselling ammo. Suck it up, call them on it if you must, but turning people into the goverment for petty shit is a slippery slope. Some of you guys would fit right in up in New York. They will pay you $500 to turn in your neighbor with an AR up there. Then a thread gets posted here about someone acting weird or calling the cops over a gun, or calling police on neighbors, etc everyone is in agreement that people and the goverement need to mind their own buisness. But obviously if something doesn't suit some of you guys your ready and willing to call the IRS in and possibly ruin their life. Glad I don't live next to you guys if we ever get New York legslation. I can actually trust my neighbors

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere Edited by Spots
  • Like 6

Occasional sales are not subject to sales tax, so yard sales and flea market sales are not taxable unless you do that on a routine basis as a business. Most yard sale items are also sold at a price significantly below the original purchase price, so no income tax issue there either. Some of the other points are valid, but I guess I am somewhat concerned by comments from several posters that imply that its not OK to inform authorities when you think laws are being violated (obviously it is not OK if you have a a professional/ethical obligation not to inform, but rather to disengage) . I understand that everyone hates to pay taxes, and much of that has to do with concerens about government waste and tax fairness, but intentional tax cheating isn't the answer. However, reporting someone as a possible tax cheat merely based on sales activity that annoys you without knowledge of their business practices or whether they are in fact failing to report income and pay taxes is probably not the best thing to do either. :2cents:

• Like 4

Better yet...just stop this thread. We all know ammo is in short supply, hard to find unless you spend hours of time and gallons of fuel searching, and no amount of bitching about it is going to change it.

Rant off. I feel better now.

Besides, I just bought a box of Golden Sabre230 HP at normal retail. And not at Walmart! 

• Like 2

Unless you're sitting in the parking lot or actually inside the Walmart the second someone posts an ammo sighting this thread is pretty much useless, except for bitching, and that's always fun.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 4

Kinda got to where I enjoy the visit to Wally world, once or twice a week on the way to work. Pretty sad that's the highlight of my day to score any ammo.

Agreed, it's all timing. I've only scored when it's being wheeled out of the back and never even makes it onto the shelves, before its all gone.

I have taken to flagging the Armslist ads with the overpriced ammo, that I know assume has been purchased at Walmart. I'll leave reporting those folks to the IRS to someone else. Not my business.

Appears based on Armslist, ammo is in shorter supply in the Knoxville area than around here in Middle TN.

• Like 1

223 Remington at Wally world corner of harding and Nolensville. Picked up 3 boxes to trade. 10 more went on the shelf.

edit. Looks like I might get stuck with this. Plenty of this stuff showing up on Gunbot.

Edited by oldman
  • Like 1

Picked up two remington/UMC Mega-bulk packs of 40 at Smyrna 7:00pm last night ( they had a total of 4 mega-bulk packs come in.)

They also had a 100rd bulk pack of 45 acp hollow points ,two boxes of remington 45 acp,  3 boxes of remington 223, one box of tula 223, one box of 380, and three or four boxes of 45 long colt.

HMMMMMMMMMM.................... but a case of federal 5.56 was missing that was on shipping list according to manager.

I also saw the leader, of what I suspect is, a gang of resellers.........they seem to be holding off and just buying brass case 223, 22lr and 9mm.

Edited by urdubob

I also saw the leader, of what I suspect is, a gang of resellers.........they seem to be holding off and just buying brass case 223, 22lr and 9mm.

I suspect that is all they are able to make a dime off of now. Really 22lr and 9mm are the only two people still tell me they are hunting. I have not seen 380 on shelves in a while but oddly enough people aren't asking either.
  • Like 1
Turkey Creek had a ton of XM193 in a white box this morning. First I had seen of that. Stopped by on my way home from work, and it had disappeared. In its place was a ton of PPU .40.

I've been having much better luck getting .223 and 5.56 than .22lr. I don't shoot much .22, but it would be nice to get a brick.

Wal-mart Smyrna 5:20 they put out 12 bulk pack of 22, lots of 45 acp  (more than a case) 12 or more boxes of 380, 20 plus 50rd boxes of federal 22, 10 or so boxes of federal 9mm., bulk packs of 223......... (5-6 full cases worth of all types of ammo)

I was late and was only able to get 2 boxes of 9mm and 50 rd box of 22.

lots of 22lr, 380, 45acp left at counter

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Wally 5616 got a decent sized shipment. Contents unknown to me, will try and find out what arrived.

Sorry to disappoint, but did not get a chance to see what came in.

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214