walmart and ammo

Score! Unfortunately for most of y'all it was in Conyers, GA as I'm passing through on business. Got a bulk pack of 45 acp and a couple of boxes of Tulammo 223 (same 3 box limit). Had a decent amount of 40, 45, & 223. Nothing like stock before the current rush, but does give a glimmer of hope.

I own property there. Bunch of liberals in that area. I can always score at that store.

• Like 1

I went to my walmart last month. I looked at empty selves in the sporting goods. I usually buy the 17.6 lb bag of dog food. I bought the 40 lb. bag this time. I have 2 wieners, so this will last them a long while.

Will we start hoarding dog food next?
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Does Wal-Mart stock on the weekend?

yes, 7 days a week. If we are not working a truck, we are working back/overstock from the back rooms.

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

i went to walmart in a/c today got 3 bulk packs of rem 45 acp 250 round at lunch time

David, just curious why you(as an ammo vendor) would buy ammo from Wal-Mart. Is this something you can't get, or is Wal-Mart getting it cheaper than you can get it?

Are you reselling it?

Not much at Oak Ridge.  In fact, the last 3-4 times I have randomly wondered in during the past week or so, I cannot even find a clerk near sporting goods. 

Today, I asked a question about cheese (they quit stocking my favorite) in the dairy section (the clerk was squaring shelves) - "Oh, this is not my section.  I work in the garden center"......  

Who moved my cheese ammo ??

David, just curious why you(as an ammo vendor) would buy ammo from Wal-Mart. Is this something you can't get, or is Wal-Mart getting it cheaper than you can get it?

Are you reselling it?

first i dont sell much ammo i sell reloading supplies

second no its not cheaper but they had it and i was there

people buy stuff from me all the time to resell it so thats ok with me

when i do sell ammo its by the case and as of late i havent had time to reload much

'i buy lots of stuff anywhere i find it and yes if i wanted to resell something i would

i dont get many complaints about my prices most of the people that buy

and sell from wal mart  have absurd prices its easy to tell them from real dealers

plus on top of everything i pay sales tax on everything i by for myself

even from my buisness. bought an ar there last week

i dont think wal mart cares who buys stuff in their stores as long as they pay for it

Edited by dlm37015
  • Like 2
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

I guess I should have clarified my question a little bit. Does Wal-Mart get trucks in during the weekend?

Depends on location.

You have PM.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
Wally 5616 has, 4 boxes of Winchester 40sw fmj 180gr. 50 rds., 1 box 44 rem mag 240 gr. 50 rds., 9 boxes 45 auto 230 gr. 100 rds., 2 boxes tulammo 45auto 230 gr. 50 rds., 1 box tulammo 40sw 180gr. 50 rds., 4 boxes tulammo 9mm 115gr. 50 rds. 1 box winchester 38 special +p 125gr. 50rds., 1 box each tulammo 40 & 45 brassmaxx, and some odd ball stuff. Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

This was 3 hours ago but Academy in Mt. Juliet have winchester 22lr (limit 1) in stock.  as well as a lot of American Eagle 223 (limit 1) in stock.

Walmart there in Mt. Juliet had a ton of 9mm!  I got 3 boxes of tula.  they had maybe 15 boxes of Federal and at least 1 case of winchesters (he was still unboxing those). 

• Like 1
I left the Walmart in Lebanon moments ago with 3 boxes of 9mm WWB 100 round value packs at $24.47 per. The last box sold while I was being rung up.

As of yesterday, the Walmart's at Nolensville/Harding and Nolensville/Old Hickory Boulevard were out clean. Edited by Cartel

STOP BUYING! if you don't need it don't buy it... that's the ONLY way the market will recover quicker... you have to ask yourself... when i go to walmart on a normal regular basis... do i always pick up as much ammo as I can... if you're a heavy shooter chances are you reload... if people would just lay off and not buy for a while this will blow over a lot quicker than it would with people panic buying and getting there 3 box limit when ever possible... 

STOP BUYING! if you don't need it don't buy it... that's the ONLY way the market will recover quicker... you have to ask yourself... when i go to walmart on a normal regular basis... do i always pick up as much ammo as I can... if you're a heavy shooter chances are you reload... if people would just lay off and not buy for a while this will blow over a lot quicker than it would with people panic buying and getting there 3 box limit when ever possible... 

And let the re-sellers grab it to jack up the price 2-300%? If it's a caliber I think someone on here needs at a good price, I'll let it go for the price I paid to help them out. Mainly 9mm, 40S&W and 45ACP.

Bill

After all this gets back to normal, Hopefully the resellers will be stuck with the ammo they bought and will have to either sell it at a competitive price or give it away.  I agree somewhat with carter. Do not buy if you don't have to. But I appreciate other TGO and shooters passing along the savings when they can.

This is the exact reason why I bid on and won a case of Federal .22 on the broker for $400.00 shipped. $40.00 a brick is better than $75.00.

Bill

hooray that you got some, but you contribute to the problem.  As long as people can resell for near or double the price the situation will not get better.

Don't buy resale Walmart ammo!

hooray that you got some, but you contribute to the problem.  As long as people can resell for near or double the price the situation will not get better.

Don't buy resale Walmart ammo!

This ain't wally world ammo. They sell 550 bulk boxes of Federal Lightning. Mine is American Eagle 50 round boxes, 10 boxes to a brick. The only place I've seen this is from Midway and they want $3.00+ and shipping for 50 rounds.

Bill

I found myself at Walmart this morning.  The super store in Halls.  The shelf was crammed full of all kinds of ammo, bulk .22's,  9mm,  40 S&W,  .45ACP, 5.56, 223, anything you could imagine.

Then I woke up.  Freaking dream.  Seriously.  I wanted to cry.

So I figure sometimes dreams are like omens.  Maybe there was ammo at the Halls Wallyworld.  So after sending the grandsons to the bus I took a drive over.

Hardly a damn thing on the shelf.  My "wet" dream turned into a nightmare.   They had a few boxes of .303 British, 2 boxes of 7.62x39 Zombie ammo ( not buying 86 cent rounds), lots of 12 gauge and 20 gauge ( relatively) and a decent amount of .410.

The nice lady working sporting goods told me all they get in the way of ammo anymore is a never ending series of phone calls asking for 9mm, 40 S&W and .380.  Says the phone starts up at 7 AM and goes on for a couple of hours.  While I was there 7:30 it rang four times.

Anyway I left with two boxes of .410 and a shattered dream.  At least the older grandson can shoot his shotgun a bit now.