walmart and ammo

The Walmarts around Chattanooga have nothing. I have been in them all over the last few days and have seen one box of 40, some .410 shells and a few .45LC.
One of the associates said I had just missed 3 boxes of .32acp. I guess this shows the desperation, someone is stockpiling .32acp.
I ran into a manager I had once known very well and he said they had a meeting and were expecting a lot of 40, 45, 38 plus some unknown others in a week. He specifically stated no .22 and no 9mm.

I didn't go by to verify, but the Walmart online inventory showed Federal 5.56 ammo cans come in to stock last night here in JC, then go out again this morning.  I might have been able to get them, but have pretty much blown through my budget already.  I'm guessing that the first person who saw them, bought them.  It's still good to see these come in as a reminder that the pipeline is flowing.

I went to the Clinton Hwy store this morning because walmart.com showed Tula 223 in stock.  I go there, none on the shelf.  The clerk scans the barcode, and sure enough, it shows that they have 14 boxes.  He says he hasn't seen or sold any this morning.  He goes on a scavenger hunt looking for them, but comes up empty.  Makes you wonder where this stuff is going.  

Guest lambo969

Same thing happened to me last night in Franklin....however no employee would even check the stock for me.  My girlfriend even looked up the 420 rd. can again and sent a picture message showing 'limited stock', but everyone I talked to refused to look.  Don't let them pull this stuff guys - call corporate and file complaints.  Thousands of dollars of inventory doesn't just go missing.  And go figure, I woke up this morning and checked the stock again - ALL gone.  Weird right?

They did have lots of 30-06 if anyone is looking for it though!

I will not even look at the online inventory, I have seen ammo on the shelves that wasn't online as well.

Correct, the online inventory is inaccurate and lags behind, by several hours, in some cases days. At best, it serves a good indicator to go check the shelves or call the store, especially when it shows in stock across multiple stores, then it seems much more accurate, depending on if shelves are stocked in the mornings or the evening prior. 

I will not even look at the online inventory, I have seen ammo on the shelves that wasn't online as well.

I have too.  I'm pretty sure that there are some types of ammo that aren't available in the online system at all. I still like using the online inventory to help give me a better chance of getting specifically what I'm looking for.  It's certainly not 100%, but I've done pretty well over all by using it for the last two months.

Guest Piranhaz

Clinton Hwy store.. Something Fishy is going on there. We went there about 2 weeks ago.. The tall older say 30's guy did the same thing scanned the bar code said shows 49 boxes in stock.. It shows online.. He swears nothing has came in.. The young guy comes from the back and say oh the 223 online thing .. It's been wrong we don't know why. Now your saying the stock is 14 boxes ?? Someone needs to talk with store manger imo.. .

Walmart inventory system is unlikely to be screwd up .. for this length of time..  on this kind of item with the resell so high.

Edited by Piranhaz

How accurate is the "in stock" indicator on their website?

Not very as mentioned above. My store finallizes the truck at 4PM every day. If there is ammo on it, the website will show whatever ammo on the truck as is in stock. The ammo will not go out until the next morning usually.

Guest cnas122

I was lucky enough to pick up 3 420-round cans of Lake City 5.56 ammo at a Walmart outside of Nashville last week.  They had 4 available and of course I could only purchase 3.  The sales reps didn't have a clue what I was talking about until I begged them to go into the back and look around.  I was a happy camper...it's been a while since I've felt comfortable unloading a lot of shots (because I know how expensive it could be to re-stock at these inflated prices).

Edited by cnas122