walmart and ammo

Not so at the Walmart I go to, I agree sometimes full cases do show up mostly shotgun shells, sometimes 9mm .40 and .45 in 50 and 100 packs. Most of the rifle ammo shows up in what you call "break packs" A few 20 round packs of different cal. so I guess they do break down full cases at the DC. I don't mean to disagree you AV, but I've watched them open the boxes and put the stamps on. Other then shotgun shells they get more break packs then full cases. We have a smaller Walmart, only one entrance, so we maybe getting the leftovers from the DC. I wish they would ship only full cases. Last time Tulammo 7.62x39 came in there were only 4 boxes of 20 rounds, I split them with the next guy in line that wanted some.

While I don't recall the 100 packs of .223 coming in "break packs" at my local Walmart's, I know it's common for most everything else that's in demand.  The 7.62x39 used to come in as full cases and the Remington .223 as well, but over the past couple of months full cases seem to be the exception.  One of the SG guys said that it had to do with the distribution centers trying to treat each store somewhat evenly, as opposed to one store getting lots of ammo and other stores getting none.

Found 2 boxes of 40 SW yesterday at the local wally world. The shelves have been bare the last month or two I've been looking. Shelves were clear as quick as he could put it on the shelf and that was around 1600 on sunday.

Makes me wonder how much is in the back waiting to make its way to the shelves?

I walked through a WM sporting goods this afternoon, just after a old fellow had cornered the clerk.  All I heard was "It will be set out in 30 minutes!"  Clerk passed by me, stopped, said "Is there anything YOU need to know?"  :rofl:

I walked through a WM sporting goods this afternoon, just after a old fellow had cornered the clerk.  All I heard was "It will be set out in 30 minutes!"  Clerk passed by me, stopped, said "Is there anything YOU need to know?"  :rofl:

It's like they forget it's part of their job to answer questions.......

It's like they forget it's part of their job to answer questions.......

I'll cut them some slack on this issue.  It *has* to be getting old dealing with the vultures.  I also think this person was filling in for the day as they demonstrated zero knowledge in the SG's area.

What's getting old is...."went to such and such Walmart, they got nothing" or "I bought all they had, sucks for you".

This thread along with every other proclaiming ammo sightings is pointless and only leads to a buch of hand-wringing for those that did not see the writing on the wall last Summer.

Man I wish I had your luck! Glad someone is finding it though.

They had gotten a big shipment in there were plenty of 45 auto 9 mm and 40 cal on the shelf. All multi packs although they did have 45 boxes of 50 count of the 45 on shelf to. Plenty of shotgun ammo and rifle ammo well with exception of 223 and 7.62x39
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Wally 5616 got an assortment FMJ in Brassmaxx .223, .40., Remington 30-30, .40, Winchester .45, 30-06, 9mm, .40, 270 win mag, Federal .223. Winchester 12 guage 00 buck, Winchester .22 JHP, Remington Semi JHP .357

I hope ya'll enjoy this intel, cause its a pain in the ass to post from my phone.

Edit..Pictures of the ammo when I first reported about it at nearly 3 am.

0TYw1Or.jpg

Yo7WrEk.jpg

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

Wally 5616 got an assortment FMJ in Brassmaxx .223, .40., Remington 30-30, .40, Winchester .45, 30-06, 9mm, .40, 270 win mag, Federal .223
Winchester 12guage 00 buck
Winchester .22 jhp
Remington semi jhp .357

I hope ya'll enjoy this intel, cause its a pain in the ass to post from my phone.

I don't live near your store but if I did I would appreciate this info
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Not so at the Walmart I go to, I agree sometimes full cases do show up mostly shotgun shells, sometimes 9mm .40 and .45 in 50 and 100 packs. Most of the rifle ammo shows up in what you call "break packs" A few 20 round packs of different cal. so I guess they do break down full cases at the DC. I don't mean to disagree you AV, but I've watched them open the boxes and put the stamps on. Other then shotgun shells they get more break packs then full cases. We have a smaller Walmart, only one entrance, so we maybe getting the leftovers from the DC. I wish they would ship only full cases. Last time Tulammo 7.62x39 came in there were only 4 boxes of 20 rounds, I split them with the next guy in line that wanted some.

Until last nights shipment, I hadn't seen break pack boxes of ammo. However, I can now confirm ammo does arrive by full case and mixed break pack boxes. So I guess I wrong.........damn it! 5616 is a smaller Wally that has only one entrance/exit. Hell the building used to be a Home Depot Expo with approx sq. ft. of around 95k.

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

Easy picked up 3 boxes Friday night after work got to store at 11:30 then after midnight I bought 3 more boxes and went back Sunday and got 2 more boxes total of 8 boxes.

Went to the Shelbyville Walmart that jphillips63 is referring to at 4pm yesterday (3/11/13). Shotgun shells aplenty, and rifle ammo, but absolutely NO handgun ammo to be had. Of course, it was 4pm in the afternoon... didn't really expect to find anything since he had already cleaned a bunch out.  :surrender:

It's obviously all about timing, as he has demonstrated. I've just become accustomed to giving up on Walmart and resigning myself to buy online when I can. Yeah, I take a hit on shipping, but my time is worth more to me than what it takes to jump in the car and burn a bunch of gas to drive around scrounging for what may or may not be available.

And while my cache may be nothing like jphillips63's (I tip my hat to you sir! :usa: ), I still have a very comfortable amount for most of my chosen calibers. Mainly just looking to pad my 45ACP and 22WMR inventory.

Edited by tartanphantom

I do not mind picking up ammo for you guys as it comes in the store I have a good stash right now and only reason I buy is because it's there. For those wanting it you can come get it as I find it or pay to have it shipped either way I'm good with helping anyone out.

• Like 4