walmart and ammo

With the ammount wal-mart pays people you do see the reason don't you. Wal-mart has to keep prices low, hence the crappy pay. Some people (as low down and shady as it seems) just have to make a little on the side. It is unethical but if people are willing to pay for the info, nobody is stopping them. I personally wouldn't do anything like that. Tipping is also not allowed, though i have seen it happen before.

Guest ThePunisher
Walmart in Rivergate had plenty of Federal .45 acp fmj 100 rd. boxes and a few Winchester .40 fmj 50 rd. & 100 rd. boxes tonight, but that was about it except some shotgun ammo. Edited by ThePunisher

With the ammount wal-mart pays people you do see the reason don't you. Wal-mart has to keep prices low, hence the crappy pay. Some people (as low down and shady as it seems) just have to make a little on the side. It is unethical but if people are willing to pay for the info, nobody is stopping them. I personally wouldn't do anything like that. Tipping is also not allowed, though i have seen it happen before.

Sorry, but you can't blame an employer for their employee breaking the rules because you THINK they don't make enough. As with any job, if you don't think you make enough or you don't like the rules you are free to quit. If Walmart is the pinnacle of employment for a person then they have no one to blame but themselves for their station in life and have no excuse to break the rules.

Probably illegal as well since I doubt he is reporting the income to the IRS. If he is making money off every shipment then chances are he is pulling in at least 25% of his wages from his side business. He should be fired.
  • Like 1

Sorry, but you can't blame an employer for their employee breaking the rules because you THINK they don't make enough. As with any job, if you don't think you make enough or you don't like the rules you are free to quit. If Walmart is the pinnacle of employment for a person then they have no one to blame but themselves for their station in life

I like this part

I know they don't pay enough. Most retail do not pay the help what they should. ( but if they paid more, you would see the money have to come from somewhere). Maybe you mis-read me, I never said i agree with what the employee is doing. I know when I worked for Slows ( lowe's) we couldn't accept tips. Yet i saw it all the time, people would offer tips( mostly these ladies who appreciated the help loading or delivering), I was offered money, but never accepted. Out of sheer principle. True, the wal-mart employee in question needs to be fired, for what he is doing is unethical. It is against the employee rulebook. Sometimes, wal-mart is a stepping stone to other employment, and maybe the people that work wal-mart have another job. Some people I know, have made Wal-mart their carreer. Would I? heck no. But sometimes wal-mart is the onlything available in a certian area.

TMF, have you ever worked retail, do you even know what you are talking about?

I
TMF, have you ever worked retail, do you even know what you are talking about?

I worked for Walmart for three years. They paid me exactly what they said they would when I was hired.

It isn't up to you to decide what your employer should pay you, it is up to them. It's their money. I advanced myself in the short time I worked there and made more than others. I quit for another job opportunity. At no time have I ever worked for an employer where I thought I was entitled to more, and I was in the Army for quite a while. If I wanted more I would not have chosen a certain or profession along the way. When I felt I was not making enough or wanted more money I found another job. That is how life works. Walmart is a private company that exists to make money. It is up to the private entity to decide how much to pay in exchange for labor, and as long as the wages are acceptable there will be people willing to work there.

The only people that I believe should and deserve to be paid more are folks who receive my tax dollars, such as teachers, firefighters and law enforcement. Those aren't private organizations, and I do feel I have a voice in what they make since I pay the bill. Private business, I could care less. Don't like it, don't work there. It is that easy.

The shelves are still bare in Florida. I've been lucky lately and scored a few boxes of .40 and last night I got there before the .380 was gone but I haven't seen 9mm in months.

I'm over this shit, one would think that the manufactures would have staffed up and caught up with demand. I guess raw materials are in short order?

So many stores, so little time to catchup. I'm thinking the manufacturers have been working at full capacity, their facilities can only handle so much. And then there are the people who think wal-mart is the only place to get ammo in town. They still haven't gotten the message.

The only people that I believe should and deserve to be paid more are folks who receive my tax dollars, such as teachers, firefighters and law enforcement. Those aren't private organizations, and I do feel I have a voice in what they make since I pay the bill. Private business, I could care less. Don't like it, don't work there. It is that easy.

You may want to take a closer look at what your local Teachers, Firefighters & LEOs are making and what kind of retirement plans they are getting before you give them more of your tax $$$. I have worked both, 30yrs private and 11yrs city. Not sure about Teachers but the city I worked for, LEOs and Fire retired at 20-25yrs service with retirement pay close to or better then 90% of their highest pay grade. Fire and Police sucked up more then 70% of the city budget per year and their retirement plans have sent many cities to the poor house. I'm not saying they don't deserve the money they make, but compared to private companies they have a petty sweet deal.

And then there are the people who think wal-mart is the only place to get ammo in town. They still haven't gotten the message.

Keep in mind that there are some towns where Walmart IS the only place to get ammo in town.  There are other places where Walmart might be the only reasonably priced place to get ammo in town (even when there isn't a 'shortage') because the other places in town that sell ammo are priced 25% or more higher than the Walmart price for the same ammo.  Then there are places where there is nowhere in town to buy ammo and you have to drive into the next town (or further) even to find a Walmart.

I know that the Internet is an option but as someone who doesn't generally buy 'in bulk' I really don't see paying shipping costs on two or three boxes that are so high that I could buy another box of ammo at Walmart for what shipping would cost.  Doesn't really make much economic sense, to me.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1

Believe me, Iknow about wal-mart being one of the only places to get reasonably priced ammo in an area. Fayetteville has some pawn shops, but the ammo there is a hit or miss. Though compared to other wal-marts in the area, Fayetteville's wal-mart did have the best selection of ammo the last time i was there. Tullahoma and Manchester stores only seemed to have shotgun ammo and mybe one box of .40 cal.

Manchester's truck last night only had shotgun ammo. At least that is all i saw.

You may want to take a closer look at what your local Teachers, Firefighters & LEOs are making and what kind of retirement plans they are getting before you give them more of your tax $$$. I have worked both, 30yrs private and 11yrs city. Not sure about Teachers but the city I worked for, LEOs and Fire retired at 20-25yrs service with retirement pay close to or better then 90% of their highest pay grade. Fire and Police sucked up more then 70% of the city budget per year and their retirement plans have sent many cities to the poor house. I'm not saying they don't deserve the money they make, but compared to private companies they have a petty sweet deal.

In Tennessee?

Should would like to know what city you are talking about with a 90% retirement so that I can tell my LEO son where to go.

Also, many teachers in this state work second jobs in the summer because of their low pay.

The shelves are still bare in Florida. I've been lucky lately and scored a few boxes of .40 and last night I got there before the .380 was gone but I haven't seen 9mm in months.

I'm over this ####, one would think that the manufactures would have staffed up and caught up with demand. I guess raw materials are in short order?

Scored a box of 9mm in destin. Left the rest for whoever needs some.

In Tennessee?

Should would like to know what city you are talking about with a 90% retirement so that I can tell my LEO son where to go.

Also, many teachers in this state work second jobs in the summer because of their low pay.

I didn't say Tennessee.

He would have to move out of the country and go down to South Florida.  :puke:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-02-20/news/fl-wagner-police-pension-20130219_1_police-pension-board-public-pensions-pension-fund

A lot of people work a second job, and it's not because they have the summer off.

Edited by crossfire