walmart and ammo

Stopped by Smyrna Wal-Mart today for some spider spray....because the wife told me I had to. I browsed past the ammo counter to stare at empty shelves, and low and behold they had some .40 S&W. It was BrassMaxx fmj 50 round boxes for $19.99. Grabbed one box and left the rest for others. There were about 10 boxes left if any of y'all need any.

Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 1

Went shopping with spouse on Saturday and checked out the Smyrna Walmart. Low and behold! Two WW boxes of target .380!  I bought one and left the other for someone else. First time I've seen a coveted caliber there for several months.

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC
Google walmart no longer ordering ammo January 2013. Read this and stopped in and asked a sporting goods manager. Said Google that, the stories are the same

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Google walmart no longer ordering ammo January 2013. Read this and stopped in and asked a sporting goods manager. Said Google that, the stories are the same

So your saying that WM has not been ordering ammo since Jan. 2013 ??????

Maybe I'm missing something in your post, but I've been finding ammo in WM. just bought some CCI Mini-Mags and 9mm this weekend. It's just the luck of the draw, but its been showing up.

My local Wal-Mart hasn't received an ammo shipment in over a week. I still haven't found 9mm since Sandy Hook.

They do have several AR-s that have been there for at least a month now.

If your WM hasn't had 9mm for that long you may want to talk to the store manager or call 1-800-walmart and find out why.

Walmart employees haven't been able to manually order ammo since Jan 2013. I've said that about 18 times in this thread, but the damn thing is 42 pages long!!

There is a big difference between "walmart no longer ordering ammo" and "Walmart employees haven't been able to manually order ammo".

I guess WM took the human factor out of ordering so no one could put in massive orders and overload their system. Letting the computer order small quantities at a time per store would insure all stores at least getting some ammo. But that's just my take on what is going on. It's the half truth posts that come up on the Google searches that fuel the panic buying, because people think WM will not be stocking any more ammo. Thanks for posting that again austin7.62.

If they do get anything in you have the stupid morons (I'm being really nice) that bring their whole family in to buy all the 22's.I can't count the times I've been in a WM and asked if the had any 22 ammo,and they say we had some this morning , people were standing in line.

If they do get anything in you have the stupid morons (I'm being really nice) that bring their whole family in to buy all the 22's.I can't count the times I've been in a WM and asked if the had any 22 ammo,and they say we had some this morning , people were standing in line.

Larry, Darryl and Darryl always know exactly when to be there.

Its not all that hard to figure out. If your not there when the ammo is brought out to the floor your chances of finding 22s is slim to none. With a 3 box limit a case of 22lr bricks is gone by the 4th person in line. The good news is with people buying up their 3 box limit in 22s, the 9mm, 40. & 45 stay on the shelf a lot longer. I found .380 still in the ammo cabinet at 4 in the afternoon.

Ammo is starting to loosen up some, Academy changed over to a 2box limit per cal. with 7.62x39 back on the shelf and not up front. I understand people being PO about not being to walk into a store and buying what ever ammo they want, but it is what it is. As far as Larry and his bros, that's not going to stop as long as there is a market to sell it to. If you can't beat them at their own game and get there before them, you just have to live with it.

If anyone is intent on changing the way ammo is being sold at this time. I suggest you visit Amazon in Chattanooga today. There's a guy giving a speech there that has a "fix" for the ammo shortage. Just my  :2cents: .

• Like 1

Actually the Manchester store has a 2 box limit per customer. But the customers bring their wives, their kids, their of age family members or friends who don't shoot and buy up all the ammo. All I heard last night was Phone calls for sporting goods, and one of the sporting goods employees told me a guy called about 6 times one day looking for .22 ammo.

We cannot control what comes in, when it comes in or what time it is stocked. Some employees like to stock it as soon as it is unloaded, some wait till the next day. There is no 7 am wait for ammo at Manchester.  Walmart supercenters are 24/7, but i guess the ammo sales availability varies per store.

I know Fayetteville walmart wouldn't sell handgun ammo after 10 pm. That was even before SH. Now you're lucky if you can even find it.

We aren't hoarding it in the backroom either, if it was there, I would know about it.

Edited by Wyldk2

I have a secret Walmart that I have found very consistent when they set ammo out. They have quite a structured system as to who is "next in line". I noticed that a few of the asshole regulars (guys who brag about profiteering) were not there.... but nor was the ammo. The rat bastards were stopping the shopping cart with ammo right where the doors were to come from storage. Then, they would pay for it in electronics and get out of there. I was so pissed I did not know what to do. I shoot my ammo I buy, or save it. But I dang sure don't sell it. Arrggggg