walmart and ammo

I talked to the employee at the sporting goods counter at the Wal-Mart on Signal Mountain Blvd yesterday and he said they were getting about 20 boxes of 22 a week and it was pretty much gone as it was put out.  The lady at the Brainerd store said they were getting some 22 at least every other day and sometimes daily but it didn't last long.   She said someone had told here that it was starting to last a little bit longer as time goes on.   I guess that means it's starting to last minutes as apposed to seconds after it's put out.  

Both stores had limits on ammo.

Edited by battleop
PDA also has xm193 in stock 20 round boxes for 11.99
palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/rifle-ammunition/223-5-56/federal-xm193f-brown-box-5-56mm-55gr-fmj.html

Went to Tiftonia Walmart this morning. They had a box of 7.62 and a box of tulammo .45. I asked the lady if she could open then cabinet and she sai no she couldn't because they lost the key last night.

Either that employee didn't know or that store is poorly ran, but we have multiple copies of every key at our store and I'm pretty sure that's going to be the case in most if not all of them. She might not have known or maybe didn't have time to go get another set of keys.

Went to Tiftonia Walmart this morning. They had a box of 7.62 and a box of tulammo .45. I asked the lady if she could open then cabinet and she sai no she couldn't because they lost the key last night.

I've heard that one myself.

- OS

Civilians are now Third in Line for Ammo? I wonder why the government is stockpiling so much ammo / guns.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/why-is-government-stockpiling-guns-ammo/

I'm having the best luck finding pistol ammo at the larger indoor ranges with relationships with the commercial reloaders. Regarding 22LR, no luck whatsoever recently.

Edited by mcrichar

Just stopped by Walmart in Bristol, TN and they had the scattered variety of what everyone else is seeing, but they had 3 boxes of Federal 9mm 50rnds for 13.94. They had some Winchester Personal Defense 9mm for $22 or $23. They had some other 45 and things, but I don't have anything for that, so I didn't really look into it very much. It was still pretty bare, but I guess seeing some 9mm out this late in the evening is a good sign. They did have the 3 limit sign up.