walmart and ammo

Walmarts have been putting boxes out at random times. A friend of mine was told to only put out 5 random boxes per hour when no one is looking.

Sounds like your freinds manager is looking to win "The A..Hole of the Month Award". Maybe it's time to start listing the Walmarts that are playing games with their ammo supplies. The only reasons I can see to hide it from the public is, holding it for your friends, buying it for yourself and selling on GB or GA or just screwing with people. I'm sure if any of these reasons are true, the store manage would not be happy if a complaint was made to him or higher up. Just my  :2cents:

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Walmarts have been putting boxes out at random times. A friend of mine was told to only put out 5 random boxes per hour when no one is looking.

That might be a possibility, however I don't believe that this is a policy company wide. I know my store doesn't bother to put the latest shipment out on the sales for when it arrives off the truck. Typically I see the shipment sitting on the floor or cart in the back. The next morning it goes to the sales floor with the department manager. 

Sounds like your freinds manager is looking to win "The A..Hole of the Month Award". Maybe it's time to start listing the Walmarts that are playing games with their ammo supplies. The only reasons I can see to hide it from the public is, holding it for your friends, buying it for yourself and selling on GB or GA or just screwing with people. I'm sure if any of these reasons are true, the store manage would not be happy if a complaint was made to him or higher up. Just my  :2cents:

I wouldn't be so worried about when and how they are distributing their supply to the sales floor. It might be a case that they are trying to give everyone an opportunity to acquire some ammo. If you are constantly seeing the same hoarders faces buying up all the supply, how is anyone else ever gonna be able to buy any at all. If I were the department manager, I would randomly place it on the sales floors at different times.

Randomly seems like a bad idea to me. If you go to their website and it says in stock then you spend the time and gas to drive there it would be nice if they are selling what they say they have.

I think limiting the number of boxes you can buy is a better way to give everyone a chance to get some ammo. At least if its in the case you can pick the three boxes you need the most. Edited by swim615

Randomly seems like a bad idea to me. If you go to their website and it says in stock then you spend the time and gas to drive there it would be nice if they are selling what they say they have.

I think limiting the number of boxes you can buy is a better way to give everyone a chance to get some ammo. At least if its in the case you can pick the three boxes you need the most.

NEVER trust the website.

Guest glocklocker19

Wally World in Bristol has a display case full of ammo now.... All calibers too...picked up 3 boxes of Federal 9mm for $13 plus change.....happy camper here!

Thanks for the tip, I may run out there tonight if that's the case (no pun intended!)

Nashville West has Federal 9mm FMJ for 11.99/50 but it's flying off the shelves quickly.

Just got some at OHB/Nolensville Rd.  $11.97/50   They would only let me have 3 boxes (I wanted 5).  There were about 15 -20 boxes left 30 min. ago.

Wally in Cool Springs is pretty empty. A couple of .270 and 30-06. About 10 boxes of Federal .308 deer slayers of some kind. About twice the price of the regular federal stuff.
Probably a dozen boxes of assorted shotgun shells. None of the cheap stuff.

Yesterday Academy had some stuff. 3 box limit total, 1 per caliber but I got a box of .223, a box of 5.56, and a little 50rd box of ,22 LR

people like this is why there is no ammo available... these boxes are $9.96 at Wal-Mart cause i just bought 6 the other week... buying and reselling !00% markup...

http://www.armslist.com/posts/1030571/knoxville-tennessee-ammo-for-sale---22-lr-remington-improved-hollow-point-golden-bullets-2-250-total--10-boxes-

My solution to that is don't buy it. Walmart couldn't keep ammo in stock around here before all the madness began so I quit shopping there for anything. Dog food comes from Target at the same price as Walmart and ammo is bought online. Walmart can sit and spin.

I have been seeing a lot of the new BRASSMAXX ammo from Tula show up on auction sites lately . seems like most of it is being bought from WM for 17$ per 50rds and sold for over 60 a box. since Walmart is the only place i have found it being sold. Hope that walmarts all start limiting the amount to 2 boxes of ammo  per day per customer Total regardless of caliber.Maybe a few more people will be able to get a box or 2, rather than a couple of people buying it all up just to make a profit.

well i believe Walmart has takin there ammo inventory offline...usually it would show on there web site if ammo came in on the truck that night and you could meet the sporting goods guy there at 7am...just checked yesterday and it was on there...this morning its not... so maybe they have caught on to the resellers lil trick you have to actually go and see if they have it in instead of checking online... 

Edited by carter

Prices will never go back to where they were, say 4 months ago, due to the simple fact that all prices usually increase this time of year, especially for guns & ammo.  Regardless of the latest paranoia.

Unfortunately, I'm sure you're correct.  I saw a Colt Gold Cup at a dealer for $1300.  I remember a time when they were $300.  Ammo to feed it has increased at a similar rate. 

Edited by tnhawk