NY Has Tentative Deal on Gun Control: AP - Restricts Assault Weapons, Limits Magazine Size to 7 Bullets...

NY Has Tentative Deal on Gun Control: AP

Restricts Assault Weapons, Limits Magazine Size to 7 Bullets...

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Gun-Control-Assault-Weapons-Ban-Magazines-Limit-Cuomo-NY-186794151.html

"If the deal survives as expected, a bill could be presented this week, but it faces several challenges."

"Also a concern is a major gun manufacturer in upstate New York.

Remington Arms Co. makes the Bushmaster semi-automatic rifle ... The two-century-old Remington factory in Ilion in central New York employs 1,000 workers in a Republican Senate district.

Republican Assemblyman Marc Butler warned last week that a more restrictive assault weapon ban could cost the factory 300 jobs."
Edited by mcurrier

7? How did they come up with that number?

"Most New York City gun crimes involve weapons illegally brought into the state, state and city officials say."

Yet they still feel the need to further restrict their own citizens.

Typical. Edited by BrasilNuts

7 rounds?  That bans just about every semi auto pistol except 1911's.  Even 22 pistols.  I guess 10 was too much in NY so they went to 7.

This shows that when you 'compromise' for ten, later on they will cut it down to 7 and then to 6 and 5 and then to a single shot firearm.

That's the total IQ of the NY Senate.

Com'on. A measure of necessity. Bypass existing laws to enact this one? NY and Cali should be side by side physically. They are both nuttier than I ever could believe. And I can believe quite a lot.

Seven Rounds? How many manufactures will simply refuse to make the necessary changes to mags to sell in NY. Yes, I realize it isn't all that complicated, but it will add to costs. And I would love to see a Barrett-like moratorium on the city and state of NY.

And evidently the State is now being supported by M Bloomberg; as they obviously don't need the jobs or tax revenues gun manufacturing facilities.

Edited by hipower

That will do away with basically all practical pistol shooting.  You really need a ten round magazine for iDPA.  Even the Ruger 10/22 rifle has a ten round magazine.  What a joke of a state.  Didn't NY recently get rid of the death penalty?  That's right punish law abiding folks and let criminals play basketball in prison.

They came up with that as it is less then 10.

BTW, any bans that effect everyday citizens should apply equally to police.  As far as I am concerned they are citizens as well, just with a different job then me.

That will do away with basically all practical pistol shooting.  You really need a ten round magazine for iDPA.  Even the Ruger 10/22 rifle has a ten round magazine.  What a joke of a state.  Didn't NY recently get rid of the death penalty?  That's right punish law abiding folks and let criminals play basketball in prison.

I lived in "upstate" NY for many years, beautiful country (Adirondacks).  It's a shame that one city Eff's it up for the rest of the state.

Guest BDawg998
There is a way we can help these guys. There is a drive on another large forum to join the New York state rifle and pistol association. It's only $25 and obviously they could really use the money with the battle they're about to face. One member of that forum from New York even joined the TFA to show his support for the Tennesseans that are helping them out. Here is a link to the registration page http://www.nysrpa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=79&Itemid=88

If it was happening here, I know we would want all the help we could get. Edited by BDawg998

There is a way we can help these guys. There is a drive on another large forum to join the New York state rifle and pistol association. It's only $25 and obviously they could really use the money with the battle they're about to face. One member of that forum from New York even joined the TFA to show his support for the Tennesseans that are helping them out. Here is a link to the registration page http://www.nysrpa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=79&Itemid=88

If it was happening here, I know we would want all the help we could get.

great idea! 

I am not sure how the bill is worded but it could ban 1911's as well, because there are many different 8-10 round mags out there for the 1911.

Plus there are plenty of 1911's like mine that are "EXTRA EVIL" because they have a rail that you can mount a grenade launcher on.............................

(Please note sarcasm)

Edited by .357SIG