Good SHTF Survival Fiction Books

I did a search and didn't see anything mentioned about this book, but I just finished 'Day of Wrath' by Forstchen, the author of 'One Second After'.

Quite disturbing, and something I'd highly recommend.  Makes a person want to carry a bigger firearm at all times.  Or several.

I did a search and didn't see anything mentioned about this book, but I just finished 'Day of Wrath' by Forstchen, the author of 'One Second After'.

Quite disturbing, and something I'd highly recommend.  Makes a person want to carry a bigger firearm at all times.  Or several.

I had no idea he had another book out. I just bought it. Thanks for the heads up.

It took me a month but I finally finished all 750 pages of Unintended Consequences. Really good book but it could have been 200 pages shorter. I skipped through a lot of slow parts.

I have it on order, but hasn't arrived yet. Sadly, I ordered it from Barnes and Noble; along with a preorder. They decided to hold all to ship at one time.

With the preorder price on the latter, if I cancel and reorder the Noboby book, I'll end paying too much for both.

I prefer to deal with Amazon.

I just finished "Day of Wrath" by William Forstchen...same guy that wrote "One Second After".

It's somewhat an extrapolation of "Terror at Beslan" by Giduck...a "must-read" imho...

"Terror at Beslan" link:
http://www.amazon.com/Terror-Beslan-Russian-Tragedy-Americas/dp/0976775301

"Day of Wrath" link:

It's well worth the couple of hours to read (188 pages) and should be something to consider in regards to your training and preparations.

Edited by prag
Just received "Day of Wrath" and haven't gotten to it as yet.

I wasn't aware of it till I was going thru one of Amazon's almost daily emails. lol But ordered it immediately. Just on the basis of "One Second After," I knew I had to read it.

Btw, if you have a copy of One Second After, take care in lending it out. lol I think my copy has been thru all of my brother-in-law's buddies and now lost out in the ozone somewhere.

It is an absolutely stunning book. One you will never forget. It will touch you in ways that will shock you and make you rethink all you have done in your life...at least it should.
  • Like 1

hipower;

I agree Sir. "One Second After" is definitely a must read book. I purchased an additional copy expressly for the purpose as a loaner...I new I'd never see it again otherwise LOL.

Thank you Erik! I enjoyed the 1st  two books and will order book 3 tonight. :up:

Link for us non-kindle folks.:

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Stand-Warlords-William-Weber/dp/1926456025/ref=la_B00JZZ8BLG_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1417913546&sr=1-3

Prag, have you thought about picking up a Kindle? At the rate you read it will pay for its self in no time. I got my Kindle on sale for $20 back in the spring and it's been great. You can pay $9.99 a month and get Kindle unlimited which lets you read as many books as you want if they qualify.

Prag, have you thought about picking up a Kindle? At the rate you read it will pay for its self in no time. I got my Kindle on sale for $20 back in the spring and it's been great. You can pay $9.99 a month and get Kindle unlimited which lets you read as many books as you want if they qualify.

I really think I'll get a Paper White version, but I keep waiting for a super price. Guess I will get around to it eventually though.
Hanging around here and buying all the recommended material is eating into my firearms funding. lol

Erik and hipower....I guess it would be best. Certainly more affordable...it's denting my shooting budget too buddy! :pleased:

I'll have to look into it...and soon too. LOL

I keep looking at them.

I keep being told I should just get a tablet instead.

I keep procrastinating.

Sounds like I really don't want to do it, doesn't it?

Yes, it would be a possible money saver. A space saver. And allow me access to some older and newer materials that are ebook form only...

And I want a better price on the Paper White dang it!

OK...I don't mean to jack the thread, but you got me looking at these things guys. I am a professed technotard! But the "Paper White" seems to have some good features.

I have never used an E-Reader before. Can you adjust the font size? I usually read before bedtime and at my age after a 12-14 hour shift, my bifocaled eyes tire way too easily...

The Paper White seems to be advertised as very similar to an actual book...but they are $119.00.

What are your thoughts on an older used version? Waste of time/money? Viable option?

I have shelves, and boxes, of books. But I believe I see the value in an E-reader...at least I think I do. LOL

I have never even handled a tablet...

Man...this 21st century stuff is challenging... :cool:

Edited by prag

A quick check on Amazon.com shows the Paper White from 79(?) used to 119 new.

I also was looking at the Voyage model but that has been at 219 as of just now. That's up 20 from what I saw last week.

Other features as well, but the Voyage has a 300 vs 212 resolution rating. That might be best for all our old eyes.

At least I'd like to see them before making a decision on either.

Edited by hipower

Thanks hipower.

I'm with you. I really need to handle one first to be able to make a decision.

Most of the folks I work with are younger, much younger, than I am...I'll ask around at work,,,but those kids always seem to be pecking away on their phones while on break. Maybe I should try texting them. :ugh: