Good SHTF Survival Fiction Books

One year after auto downloaded the other night. I'm just about done re-reading the Black Tide Rising series. I think I will re-read 1 second after and then go to 1 year after. It has been a while since 1 second after and I want to refresh my memory of the characters...

Mark

One year after auto downloaded the other night. I'm just about done re-reading the Black Tide Rising series. I think I will re-read 1 second after and then go to 1 year after. It has been a while since 1 second after and I want to refresh my memory of the characters...

Mark

Sorry, but One Year After takes place in a different location and with a different cast.

I was disappointed to find this out.

I'm on chapter 10 and the characters are still the same and it's still set in the mountains. So far, so good. 

Really? That's not what the promo for it on Amazon had when I ordered it. But that was in pre order state. Guess it or I could have been wrong.

Really? That's not what the promo for it on Amazon had when I ordered it. But that was in pre order state. Guess it or I could have been wrong.

Yeah, everything so far is the same. All the people left surviving at the last book are still in it. Good so far. I'm 11 chapters in. I've got it on audiobook and listen while driving for work, I've been on the road a lot over the last few days.

OK, can't find anything like I first saw on it. Maybe my old feeble mind got it mixed up with another book listing. I don't know.

Apologies for the confusion guys.

One Second After...

Excellent read until the final chapter. It begs for a sequel IMHO.

What ever happened to the main character (forgot his name) and Gunny? You are left to your own devices deciding what happened... Bummer!

William R. Forstchen brings a sequel to his hit novel One Second After. Months before publication, One Second After was cited on the floor of Congress as a book all Americans should read,

I'm about two thirds of the way through One Year After - it's good, but it doesn't have the impact that One Second had with me. 
For you guys waiting for the book - how come you're not reading on a Kindle?

We are diehard old school fanatics. Well, I am anyway.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Y'all won't have a Kindle after the EMP.  :tinfoil:  Learn how to read a proper book.  :lol:

Yep!!               

And if it gets really, really bad...you have fire starting fuel.

Just start with the Clinton books. lol

Edited by hipower
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm about 70% finished with One Year After. It's definitely different, as I guess it would have to be. Still well written though. It'd be nearly impossible to match the uniqueness and originality of One Second After...that book open the door to prepping for a lot of folks.

Thanks for the head's up on Rage hipower. I'll check it out.

I just ordered: Session ll by Joe Nobody. The first one was decent...so we'll see.  :cool:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/151730895X?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00