plank white

Good SHTF Survival Fiction Books

On 2/27/2018 at 8:07 AM, prag said:

I think that'll be the time when we all "go dark"! LOL

Note To Self: If I don't see prag on TGO for a couple of days, PANIC!!!!!! :panic:

1 hour ago, monkeylizard said:

Note To Self: If I don't see prag on TGO for a couple of days, PANIC!!!!!! :panic:

LOL.

I promise if I see anything unnerving come across from CDC and there's still net access, I'll share that info! :up:

2 hours ago, hipower said:

Ever read the J.D. Moles series The Remaining?

Darn interwebs...a search for "J.D.Moles" yielded "An Automated Assay for Glycogen Phosphorylase"! :mad:

Thankfully Amazon helped me and these are now on my list.

The Five Fingers is a pricey book. At least on Amazon. This one was written in '79, correct @martin5?

1 minute ago, prag said:

Darn interwebs...a search for "J.D.Moles" yielded "An Automated Assay for Glycogen Phosphorylase"! :mad:

Thankfully Amazon helped me and these are now on my list.

The Five Fingers is a pricey book. At least on Amazon. This one was written in '79, correct @martin5?

Sorry, I misspelled it. lol

Hey, don't order them yet, if you haven't already. I think there is a full set in the books I'm going thru. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hipower said:

Sorry, I misspelled it. lol

Hey, don't order them yet, if you haven't already. I think there is a full set in the books I'm going thru. 

Awesome brother! Let me know and maybe we can work a swap. :up:

1 hour ago, prag said:

Awesome brother! Let me know and maybe we can work a swap. :up:

I found them! A full set of the 5 books. Not really doing you any favors here. I didn't think much of them. Maybe will be more to your liking.

Not looking for a swap. This is my pay-it-forward. 

You mentioned Jerry and Sharon Ahern...do you have Miamigrad?

Edited by hipower

26 minutes ago, prag said:

Miamigard? No Sir.

I certainly wouldn't mind reading it. :)  

I'll get them on the way to you. Hopefully tomorrow morning.

I think some of Jerry Ahern's best writing came from his co-writing with Sharon. Sure wish I still had all of the books from Survivalist #1 on. But 2010 flooding here got them and a lot more of my books from the 70s/80s.

Thank you hipower!That'd be awesome.

Working this weekend...didn't want @monkeylizard to think something was up! ;)

Bumping this thread back to life as there are so many incredible book recommendations.

Thanks to @hipower I have been on a D.J.Molles trek for some time now. He's a really solid author with an entertaining and easily read style.

Hipower , being a great guy, did a bit of "horse-trading" with me and I started with "The Remaining" series.

https://www.amazon.com/Remaining-D-J-Molles-author/dp/0356503453/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=0356503453&pd_rd_r=be47db81-f945-11e8-9ac6-bf091afce61c&pd_rd_w=sGN9q&pd_rd_wg=iRdzf&pf_rd_p=6725dbd6-9917-451d-beba-16af7874e407&pf_rd_r=PBPAG2P2B7ZSFJDA2V22&psc=1&refRID=PBPAG2P2B7ZSFJDA2V22

I've also read "Wolves" and the series "A Grower's War". I guess I am a bonifide D.J.Molles fan. :)

I've also recently read Volume 10 of the  A. American  Going Home survivalist series "Home Coming". It's a bit formulaic but still entertaining.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0996696059/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Please don't let this thread die my friends. Share what you've been reading. It doesn't have to be "Survival" oriented you know. ;)