IMPORTANT - Read This >> White House Proposal for Gun Control

Using gun violence as a label is just more tripe to cover up gun control.

I started laughing when I saw the statement about the survey of inmates about how they get their weapons being

used to justify background checks on everyone. Yeh, let the inmates loose and run the asylum.

CREATE SAFER SCHOOL CLIMATES: Making our schools safer is not just about cops and security cameras; we also need to improve the climate of our schools to reduce violence and bullying (which sometimes precedes a mass casualty event). The Administration is proposing to help 8,000 schools put in place proven strategies to reduce bullying, drug abuse, violence, and other problem behaviors, and to gather and share best practices on school discipline.

They going to close Chicago and Detroit?

Notice they do not say "Stop" bullying, drug abuse etc., they just want to try to slow it down some (reduce), because no law can really stop anything.

• Like 1

The whole mental health thing really bugs me. I once read an article where some liberal psychiatrist said being into guns and spending time at a shooting range should be red flags. "Mental Health First Aid For Teacher"???  All these counselors....It's too easy to deem someone crazy and take their gun rights. And  a whole lot of the things mentioned are very vague. Vague is never good when it comes to the gov't. 

• Like 4
  • Administrator

Are you guys reading the document or just posting silly pictures?  Because you need to READ the document.  It completely outlines their plans to...

• Require private sale of firearms run through an FFL.
  • Reinstate a tougher Assault Weapons Ban.
  • Mandate a 10-round magazine limit.
  • Create new "Gun Trafficking" laws that enlarge scope of violation and increase punishment for violators.
  • Limit what types of ammo can be sold.

For all of the concern and panic people here have been exhibiting over what might happen, this is the one document that comprehensively lays it out and it's straight from the White House press office.  You'd think people would be reading the damn thing.

It's been read.  What shall we do now?  This is only the tip of the iceberg.  So much of it is so vague that it will ultimately be all-encompassing and overlapping.  He will delegate some of it to agencies who will write more regulations and turn us all into criminals.

I'd much rather he had just signed a single EO banning everything.  At least then we could directly attack/defend that by legal challenges, SCOTUS, impeachment and other avenues.  As it is, he threw a hand grenade out there and there is stuff flying in many directions.

Are you guys reading the document or just posting silly pictures? Because you need to READ the document. It completely outlines their plans to...

• Create new "Gun Trafficking" laws that enlarge scope of violation and increase punishment for violators.
For all of the concern and panic people here have been exhibiting over what might happen, this is the one document that comprehensively lays it out and it's straight from the White House press office. You'd think people would be reading the damn thing.
I apparently need a different link, the page that comes up is unreadable for the most part.
  • Administrator

It just reiterated what he said in the speech and further explains his desires and EO's. Not exactly ground breaking information.

Well, alright.  There's always whatever re-runs of The Simpsons is on to watch instead.  Nothing to see here.

• Like 2

Are you guys reading the document or just posting silly pictures?  Because you need to READ the document.  It completely outlines their plans to...

For all of the concern and panic people here have been exhibiting over what might happen, this is the one document that comprehensively lays it out and it's straight from the White House press office.  You'd think people would be reading the damn thing.

Isnt this a list of things he wants done? Not actual orders.... he is asking congress to do these things I figure all I can do about it is keep copy and pasting on different forums as well as "FB" and continue to Emial my reps I know it sucks what he wants to do but it is sounding like congress wont let it happen so basically to me this seems like a football pitch like he is doing with the debt.....The publicans wont do it so blame them. Etc.

Edited by plank white
  • Like 2

Any NEW intitives (....like, background checks on private gun sales, "banning assault rifles", limiting mag capactities, etc...) must be approved thru NEW LEGISLATIVE ACTION (....eg. congress passes a new law adding these items...).  As great as Nobama is, he cant go passed established law with new "common sense" initititives.  He aint gonna get that.  Let him keep talkin about this.  It's nothin but "red meat" for his stinkin anti-gun and big city welfare moms; along with the likes of Coumo and Bloomberg.  

I firmly believe that there is an army of lawyers hopin and prayin he will try an "executive order" that runs afoul of existing law so they can slap the executive branch back in line and make a name for themselves in the legal beagle arena. 

My prediction on this one is that the windbaggery will blow out in a few days for lack of support and nothin will come of it.  The dark blue states like new york and kalefornia will keep tightening up things; but the red states wont.  We'll keep right on polarizing this whole thing; because that's what these sons and daughters of satan want.   This is nothin more than round two of Post Civil War Reconstruction without an occupying army to enforce anything; plus no real public sentiment for doin it in the first place.  This bunch of clowns is busy waking more and more citizens up to what they really are and demonstrating to them just how dangerous they could possibly be if they had any backbone.

Havin said all that; i do believe this "mental health" thing needs watching very closely.  It is "carte blanche" for stealth wrongdoing and settling old scores (...think e-wives (or husbands) sayin "my x is a nut!  I think he is gonna shoot a bunch of people. ....).

I agree that we need to keep watching and fighting this stuff. Join the NRA and send 'em a few dollars when ya can. That alone will keep the political class scared enough not do do anything stupid. If i remember right, there are sbout 30 or so demorat senators up for re-election in 2014. Lots of them live in purple and red states. They cant afford to do anything stupid.

PS -- David. Thanks for posting the pdf of the "whole thing".  Your comments are insightful and we all should think about what has been said in them.

Keep your powder dry.
leroy

Edited by leroy
  • Like 1

There are a lot more worrisome things in that document than the survey of inmates.  It outlines exactly what they have in plan for us.  Today's press conference was a diversionary tactic.

I completely agree. It was just funny how they come up with their stuff. I know exactly what they are up to, just like you.

notice a ten round magazine limit doesnt mention rifles this law will effectively Ban all guns except for revolvers double barrel shotguns and single shot rifles along with a very small amount of semi auto pistols like the 1911.... . Glocks, sigs, hks, Xd, and pretty much every other handgun devoloped in the last 40 years will be banned "If he can get congress to bite"... The ammo limit on so called armor piercing ammo is retarded Armor piercing "AP" ammo has a steel core and has been banned for quite some time now a hunters 30/06 will go right through armor without AP ammo does this mean large caliber hunting rounds will be banned ?

Edited by plank white

Thank you David.

Absolutely, I read it.

I too am unsure if it is his proposal, or the list of EO's he's initiating. It SUCKS either way. I hope it's as Leroy posted.

I'm writing to, talking to, e-mailing anyone who will listen...I'm a member of NRA, GOA, and OathKeepers.. and donate to the ILA.

I plan to keep doing what I'm doing... I'm open to suggestions...it's gonna be a long battle.

• Like 1

Thanx, David. I found a 13 page version this afternoon; only had time to scan. Now there's 22 pages??!!!*$

You are correct about diversionary tactics. It's kinda hard to keep your eye on the ball.

Out for now - trying to compile a contact sheet for the folks at church tonight.

Leroy, your part about reconstruction hit the nail on the head, friend. If there are enough groups to do it, whenever Congress passes any more gun legislation, they need to step the lawsuits, because even the NFA and the previous other laws are easily argued to be in direct conflict with the 2nd Amendment and the battle in the federal courts should commence. I don't know why they were never challenged in the first place. And I don't really care how many have paid the current price for their toys.

An infringement is still an infringement. The trouble with the NFA is that it is the model for a gun ban. All you folks with toys, how about seeing something other than what it cost you and join in on that?

It's not  the end of the damned world. Just think it through before you scoff like a politician and rationalize how much more it will end up costing. I know it sounds like harping, but it ticks me off that rational people can be so numbed into thinking that things can't be done when you know good and well they can. It's the malaise that gets us every time. If you have to fight it's better that all join in who have that stake in the game, and that includes every gun owner.

Well, even if it is the end of the country, it still will be fought, just not as pleasantly. And coming out the other side will be painful.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Are you going to refuse to take down the classifieds section of TGO? That's what they're after...

I dont think private sells will be illegal even if this crap passed we would just have to meet at an ffl to do the sell / buy and fill out the required paper work and pay the king etc. I sure the hell hope none of it goes through congress