where are you getting your ammo?

Guest whiskeymaker

All the online sources listed in this thread are totally sold out of 9mm ball ammo.  SGAmmo got in 200 cases of Aguila 9mm and it was gone in under four hours.  They later got in another 50 cases and it was gone in about 15 minutes!!  Sportsman's Guide's list of 9mm is practically empty as well and their site shows projected dates to be back in stock.  Earliest dates were mid-Feb and ran all the way up into 2014.  Some sites have just quit taking orders due to the backlog of shipping.  If you shoot a 9 and want anything for practice, times are not good right now.

http://greatlakesammo.com/shopsite/9mm.html

I found out about this place via gun-deals website link I posted. Reviews I have read are very good and they still have 9 mm in stock as cheap as $0.26/round delivered. I ordered 250 rounds of 9mm and .45 ACP to try them out.

I'm stocked up on my carry loads....federal HST's but can get more at the local GT Distibutors. For range use I'm stocked up on primers and powder but running out of Berry's plated. I have a few 50cal cans full of hand loads for the real hard times. Just orderd a LW barrel so I can start loading lead and ordered my first 3k order of lead from Mid-Atlantic.

Sportsman's get a truck in on Mondays with a some calibers trickleling in but any of the high demand stuff {9mm, 45acp, 223/556, 22lr} they keep behind the counter and you have to ask for it. Even then they only allow certain ammount. All other local stores have been bare when I check but I'm no longer running around everyday looking like I was in the beginning of the hysteria.

As I travel across the state frequently, I buy ammo when it is available at a reasonable price, need it or not.  As I have an adequate supply of most calibers i will not pay unreasonable prices nor hoard supplies I don't need.

http://greatlakesammo.com/shopsite/9mm.html

I found out about this place via gun-deals website link I posted. Reviews I have read are very good and they still have 9 mm in stock as cheap as $0.26/round delivered. I ordered 250 rounds of 9mm and .45 ACP to try them out.

Went to their website and ordered two cases of 9mm 124gr as they were on sale.  Popped back onto their home page and read that they have enough supplies to honor all orders prior to 1/20.  After that.....it's up in the air as to shipping dates.  They show times of from 30 to 75 days.  (I ordered mine on 1/21 so have no idea when it will ship)  Unfortunately their site isn't set up to allow you to check/track your order.  FYI, Freedom Munitions is catching up on their backlog of orders and will be opening up their website to new orders shortly.  I have 500 rounds from them that runs fine in my G19.

I'm all stocked up on factory 9mm and .45 but I've been adding .40 little by little so I can switch to that for the indoor IDPA evnets at NA. Bought 2 more boxes at lunch at A-H reloading while I was picking up some more small pistol primers and ordered a case from SGammo.com this morning but no clue when it will arrive.

Currrent Inventory of .40 at AH as of 12:15pm 1/23/2013

On the shelf when I left.

8408086215_7c87d0a23c.jpg

About to get put out on the shelf.

8408085783_f7ae3e1148.jpg

Edited by 2.ooohhh

Just gotta check stores right when they open. At Bass Pro yesterday @ 10:25am .380, .223, .22LR on the shelves. I bought 10 boxes of .22LR $4.99 each. .223 was $20.40 a box with a ten box limit. I have bought at least 4 boxes of ammo a week, locally, every week since the madness started. 9mm is a different story. Seeing some listed on line locally.

Good Luck!!

I would think that if ammo doesn't come back online then you're going to see ranges, training academies and perhaps other gun-related industries really feel the pinch, maybe even go out of business.  Without people going out shooting the whole thing will just halt. 

The ammo shortage doesn't seem to slowing the number of shootings in Memphis yet.

Edited by tnhawk

"Ammo to go"  has 9mm FMJ ammo for sale as of 5 minutes ago just got 10 boxs $168.24 shipped

They have $14.95 50 round boxes of Independence FMJ as well.

yes 14.95 per box of 50 rounds and I got 10 boxs that is the reason I posted 168.24 shipped :up:  

better to know I will have some ammo to shoot in 24 days then none, which will be about the time I run out of my current stash.

I also ordered 45 and 380

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whiskeymaker
I know its a supply and demand market. I think it really sucks when people are showing up at local stores (small and large) buying ammo only to resell it for double or triple. I'll just say it. Thats bullshit.
I was in Walmart a week ago, picked up some.. 38s for one of my wifes friends who was taking the carry permit class only to hear some jackwad talking about how he comes in everyday with family members and buys ammo to resell it for double. He was bragging about buying 525 box of 22lr and reselling for $50.
I just think it sucks.