Zero Dark Thirty The Movie

runco

Had some time last evening and got to see this movie. I thought it was very good, a little on the long side, and follows Mark Owens Book, No Easy Day, more than I expected, however there were some minor different versions. Glad I read the book, because it filled some gaps that I thought the movie left out. The movie is not about the Seals, however the last 20 min. of the movie is. The movie is all about the girl, Maya, that was recruited from high school to work for the CIA, and her obsession for obl. The movie is tense at times, and does bring out patriotic feelings. I highly recommend it.

Warning, there are guns in this movie. Just in case gun banners or sensitive people are reading this post.

BTW if you have not seen it, do not go to the bathroom or get popcorn during the last hour of the movie, its close to 3 hours, the scene where Leon Panetta asks who Maya is, her outburst reply is outstanding and priceless.

Edited by Runco
I think the movie wasn't good at all! It was TOO long and the part everyone went to see, the raid itself, was just funny to me. I was in the Army for 12 years as a UH/MH-60A/L/K crew chief aka door gunner and spent 9 years in and medically retired from the 160th SOAR(A) and I still don't believe the story of that raid. I still talk to guys there OFTEN and know most of the guys there on the blackhawk side and they don't believe in that "stealth hawk". Now I know what "compartmentalization" is but even with that I have problems with the "stealth hawk" from a could it work point of view. When I analyze that aircraft I have a hard time believing the rest of the "official" story.....but then I'm just a retired "conspiracy theorist" lol
  • Like 1
Guest bkelm18

I think the movie wasn't good at all! It was TOO long and the part everyone went to see, the raid itself, was just funny to me. I was in the Army for 12 years as a UH/MH-60A/L/K crew chief aka door gunner and spent 9 years in and medically retired from the 160th SOAR(A) and I still don't believe the story of that raid. I still talk to guys there OFTEN and know most of the guys there on the blackhawk side and they don't believe in that "stealth hawk". Now I know what "compartmentalization" is but even with that I have problems with the "stealth hawk" from a could it work point of view. When I analyze that aircraft I have a hard time believing the rest of the "official" story.....but then I'm just a retired "conspiracy theorist" lol

Well, if this isn't a tail piece to a Stealth Hawk, then what does it go to? They kinda left it behind...

Stealth.jpg

Edited by bkelm18

I don't know about a stealth hawk, but Ive seen Pave Hawks when I was in the USMC, and I'd put my money on that being what they were in. You never saw these working with SOAR.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_HH-60_Pave_Hawk

Well, if this isn't a tail piece to a Stealth Hawk, then what does it go to? They kinda left it behind...

Stealth.jpg

See that "tail rotor" would've broke off when the helo crashed. The tail rotor pylon which is the area that it broke off at is very thin and hollow on the inside. In the movie the helo crashed into it and later they blew the helo yo and the tail was blown off and fell. I have see first hand aircraft get shot down and crash and the tail will brake somewhere because of all the torque from the drive shafts and gearboxes. Another thing is a better way to make the tail rotor "stealth" is to have it encased like the Comanchee project because an external tail rotor has too many radar reflective surfaces. The helps they used in the movie were actual bkackhawks but they just put all that shit on the outside. The ones in flight were obviously CG. The NVG's, night vision goggles, in the movie are real and I've tested the aviation versions.
Guest bkelm18

See that "tail rotor" would've broke off when the helo crashed. The tail rotor pylon which is the area that it broke off at is very thin and hollow on the inside. In the movie the helo crashed into it and later they blew the helo yo and the tail was blown off and fell. I have see first hand aircraft get shot down and crash and the tail will brake somewhere because of all the torque from the drive shafts and gearboxes. Another thing is a better way to make the tail rotor "stealth" is to have it encased like the Comanchee project because an external tail rotor has too many radar reflective surfaces. The helps they used in the movie were actual bkackhawks but they just put all that shit on the outside. The ones in flight were obviously CG. The NVG's, night vision goggles, in the movie are real and I've tested the aviation versions.

Well yes, I know it's part of a helo. I was just asking to what aircraft it belonged to if it doesn't belong to a "stealth hawk" since you believe stealth hawks don't exist?

I don't know about a stealth hawk, but Ive seen Pave Hawks when I was in the USMC, and I'd put my money on that being what they were in. You never saw these working with SOAR.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikorsky_HH-60_Pave_Hawk

When it comes to blackhawks, the UH-60 A(alpha) model came first, then the 160th had them modified for our mission, night flying, and had bigger engines put in them for more power like the later L(lima) models. The modified 160th hawks where then called MH-60 K(kilo). When the K(lima) models came out with better engines we had them modified and because they where more powerful then the Kilos they became the DAP's aka blackhawk gunship. Now the 160th has the new new modified M(mike) models and they are even more powerful.

When it comes to the Airforce Pave Hawks they are actually Alpha models with mission equipment on them, like the 160th birds but they are under powered!

Well yes, I know it's part of a helo. I was just asking to what aircraft it belonged to if it doesn't belong to a "stealth hawk" since you believe stealth hawks don't exist?

That's the thing....nobody I've talked to still in the unit thinks "stealth hawks" are real and we are ALL blackhawk crew cheifs and mechanics. If anything it was a stunt to throw China off lol.

That's the thing....nobody I've talked to still in the unit thinks "stealth hawks" are real and we are ALL blackhawk crew cheifs and mechanics. If anything it was a stunt to throw China off lol.

If I'm not mistaken there have been past projects that very few people knew existed, perhaps this could be one.

If I'm not mistaken there have been past projects that very few people knew existed, perhaps this could be one.

True but didn't they have "big to dos" and announced the stealth fighter and bomber in the 90's....why wouldn't they show them to the public now seeing as now "the cats out the bag" from that mission?

True but didn't they have "big to dos" and announced the stealth fighter and bomber in the 90's....why wouldn't they show them to the public now seeing as now "the cats out the bag" from that mission?

Because Obama did that for them?

Joking of course.

[quote name="bkelm18" post="889823" timestamp="1358626114"]Well yes, I know it's part of a helo. I was just asking to what aircraft it belonged to if it doesn't belong to a "stealth hawk" since you believe stealth hawks don't exist?[/quote] Oh, stealth hawks exist all right. You hear that?.......Exactly.