Fed up with Buds Guns

my82cam

This is my rant about my experience with Buds Guns, so far, not impressed.  I have been looking for a remington 700 300wm SS, after a few weeks of shopping around and looking on Gunbroker, I decided to give Buds Guns my business and see how they did.  Well, I called on the 2nd of January to make sure they had it in stock, "yes, it is in stock and should ship in 3-7 days"  I went ahead and made an account and purchased the rifle a few minutes after talking on the phone with them.  Well, 10 business days of not getting any emails or updates, I called.  After being on hold for 40 minutes( I do know with the gun craze that they are very busy) I finally got a hold of someone "well, we are busy and your rifle may ship in 20 business days, we had to get it from another supplier."  What!!??  When I called them the first time, it was in stock and should ship in "3-7" days.  I wait on the phone for another 35 minutes to talk to a manager, He said they are backed up 10-20 days and have been since the election in November.  Why on earth didn't the first person on the phone tell me that? I could have bought a rifle from another person on gunbroker for $10 more and had it a few days after the auction ended.  I know things are busy with the gun craze that is going on right now, but I didn't appreciate the lack of honesty(this is the short version of the details) from their sales reps.  Anyone else have good/bad experiences with Buds Guns?  My Rifle still has not shipped out and it has been 13 business days

Man, that sucks. I have ordered a few guns from Bud's, but all of my experiences have been very pleasant. Hopefully they get your situation straightened out soon.

Same here. Never had any issues and always had my gun quicker than I had imagined!

Sorry you aren't having the same experience.

I ordered a .270 that was "In Stock" and it ended up taking three weeks to receive it, but the last two Glocks I ordered where here in 3 days.  Like all gun stores, they are a little overwhelmed at the moment.  By patient, my experience with them tells me they will make good, and really it is hard to buy firearms at the moment!

I have ordered two guns from them. Customer service may be a little lacking but I did get the gun within the allotted time frame. I will say that they have quite a few negative reviews online where they change or delete negative reviews that customers may leave. Don't know if there is any truth to it though.

I hope they get your order straightened out & on it's way to you soon. I've ordered a few pistols & mags from Bud's over the past couple years & everytime I've ordered they've all made it to my LGS less than 24 hours after making my payment. Bud's usually has excellent CS, but with all the madness going around problems can be expected nearly everywhere. Good luck.

I have ordered two guns from them. Customer service may be a little lacking but I did get the gun within the allotted time frame. I will say that they have quite a few negative reviews online where they change or delete negative reviews that customers may leave. Don't know if there is any truth to it though.

In the OP case, Bud's needs to step up & remedy that quick, but a lot of the negative reviews I've seen have been due purely to customer stupidity, like not inspecting a used gun before signing for it at the FFL because he was in a hurry. I even saw one guy leave a bad review for Bud's because the price of ammo at his local Walmart "made his gun expensive to shoot" - (Moron!). Most of the stuff customers gripe about are very clearly stated on Bud's site & only take a little common sense to read. I have to laugh sometimes when I read some of the reviews.

Edited by luvmyberetta

I understand and expected shipping to take a little longer than I am used to, due to the current market. The fact that I called(and waited 30-40 minutes) to verify that it was in stock and would ship in 3-7 days, while the salesmen knew they were backed up 10-20 is what makes me upset.  The manager said he would put my rifle a head of the others to ship, but it still has not shipped out.  I am glad to hear that others have had good experiences with them. 

Guest bkelm18

I have used them many times and have had nothing but good experiences. I placed an order with them a couple days ago for a revolver but due to the current climate I'm not expecting it to ship out anytime soon.

Edited by bkelm18

I have made several purchases from Bud's, and it was a good experience every time.  I would say this situation was more than likely due to the craziness of the market.

Same here IF I only ordered one gun at a time. Once I ordered two at once.  One of them was listed as a "rapid ship" or whatever they call it. The other was not. They shipped together at the slower rate, and I'm a VIP member, supposed to get preferential treatment. Other than that, everything has gone great with them but I haven't ordered anything in the "Great Gun Panic of 2012/2013."

Likely what happened, when you called and they said they had the rifle, they know if they had said no, you would not have bought it, but you did (likely their sales strategy on not so common guns).  What really happened, they had 0 in stock, but their computer showed that within the next 5-7 days their supplier either had committed to ship one, or their agreement with their supplier is that the supplier can deliver within 5-7 days of an order.  I assume this is not a common rifle that has a great demand, so no retailer wants to hold something in inventory for any length of time.  Usually great demand items, retailers have no issues with having high inventories (pre Sandy).  In the end, their supplier let them down, thus letting you down.  

I am sitting at 17 days with not tracking numbers. Firearm should have arrived 10 days ago, but still hasn't shipped. That said, i have been happy with service until this last order

Well, I'd say all bets are off for awhile with just about any vendor right now.

I ordered some instock .357mag from PSA to take some pressure off my .223 shooting, don't expect to see it for at least a couple of weeks or more.

Amazingly, a last AR upper order from them after Sandy Hook actually made the 15 day estimate, though.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Anyone else have good/bad experiences with Buds Guns? 

I bought several guns from Buds, never called anyone, ordered on-line, had immediate email confirmation and all guns were here in 3-4 days. I was overcharged by $30 once. Handled it through email and they refunded it to my card and apologized for the mistake.

However, we are getting some new dealers in the MidState area and my last two purchases have been from forum dealers that gave me a better price than Buds (Not counting tax of course). Competition is a good thing for us. I usually ordered from Buds because I couldn’t get what I wanted locally, but it seems they are stocking more inventory lately.

I’m sure all the on-line stuff will be crazy until the Obama/Biden gun laws shake out.

I have placed a dozen or so orders with Bud's, five of which have been firearms.  I have had no problems.  I would not consider them to be outstanding, but more than just satisfactory.  PSA is currently running 10-15 business days on ammo shipments.  OTOH, I ordered a case of CCI .22 LR from SGA on Wednesday and it is scheduled for delivery on Monday.

i bought my Ruger from Buds, it was at my local pawn shop in 3 days.  But this was well before the election thingy picked up. 

I think it was summer of last year.  Ive been to Buds site recently and everything is sold out. I wouldnt even bother til June.