Fed up with Buds Guns

my82cam

I wonder how many of the guns they show in stock are actually there at buds? I believe they used to have their website show inventory of their distributors and have that distributor drop ship it to the ffl dealer. I think they got in bit of trouble over that. So maybe the distributor is dragging about getting it to them, there by delaying their shipment to you. just speculation.

I wonder how many of the guns they show in stock are actually there at buds? I believe they used to have their website show inventory of their distributors and have that distributor drop ship it to the ffl dealer. I think they got in bit of trouble over that. So maybe the distributor is dragging about getting it to them, there by delaying their shipment to you. just speculation.

Most of what they advertise online is at their location, but a lot of them come from other sources. I called about a pistol a few months ago that was advertised, but didn't have a picture of it & asked about getting a photo of it so I could see it. Bud's rep told me that it, along with many of their guns, came from somewhere else & that's why some don't have photos in the ads. So far everything I've ordered from Bud's has been as good or better than the discription so I'm very pleased with Bud's service.

Most of what they advertise online is at their location, but a lot of them come from other sources. I called about a pistol a few months ago that was advertised, but didn't have a picture of it & asked about getting a photo of it so I could see it. Bud's rep told me that it, along with many of their guns, came from somewhere else & that's why some don't have photos in the ads. So far everything I've ordered from Bud's has been as good or better than the discription so I'm very pleased with Bud's service.

I think Bud's has a retail location and a distribution location. Not sure if that's what they meant when they said something about some guns coming from somewhere else.

Edited by TripleDigitRide

I think Bud's has a retail location and a distribution location. Not sure if that's what they meant when they said something about some guns coming from somewhere else.

Bud's does not have (in their physical possession) some of the guns that are listed "in stock" on their website.  They are getting feeds from distributor websites.  So, when you order one of those guns, Bud's has to get it from a distributor before they ship to the customer's FFL.  That is why some firearms have faster shipping times than others.

Bud's used to do a lot of "drop shipping," where a customer would order a gun of the Bud's website, but the customer's FFL would receive it from a distributor.  However, I heard that some firearms manufacturers complained about that practice, and threatened the distributors with loss of business.  So, I don't see that anymore.

Guest sreksuhn

I've bought nine times from Bud's without a problem, though not in the last couple of months. Most of those purchases have been shipped to me from a retailer in Louisiana and I have received them all the next day after the order was placed. I did place an order for 4 tapco sks mags at the beginning of december with cheaper than dirt. i had the same problem you had except they cancelled my order due to no stock and gave me a refund. i didn't bother contacting them and complaining.

Edited by sreksuhn

Well, I finally got the call today, went and picked up my new 300WM.  pictures will follow this rifle, it should turn out very nice.  I plan on eventually replacing the barrel and having the action squared, but I am well spent right now! lol  

Here is a list of some of the parts going on the rifle, Timney trigger at 2.5 lbs, bell and carlson tan and black spider web stock, talley one piece rings and a 5x20LR Huskemaw scope with custom dial turrets.  Pretty excited about this one. 

i ordered a 930spx from buds on 1/16 for 625. as soon as i ordered it i went back and saw it for 699!(what a price jump) as of 1/19 it showed the status as "shipped". today the tracking number showed up on the site and it looks like it went out ups. the tracking pops up on ups. all and all im happy. a lot better that my order i have at PSA for my "in stock" ar15 barrel i placed on 1/3.....uggggh.

Edited by yamaharacer599

Having problems with them now.  I understand the slow shipping given the madness, but this morning their website wasn't working, their chat wasn't online, and their phones were not working.  Makes me VERY nervous about where my money went. 

Edited by Berettatn

I sent a note to Buds, and within 30 minutes that had moved my order to shipping. Not sure what that means, but it looks like I moving again.

ive got mine in hand. picked it up from coal creek today. hopefully they get you figured out soon. if only i could get my "in stock" barrel from PSA ill have that upper done i got from you.

sorry OP for threadjack

Edited by yamaharacer599

I sent a note to Buds, and within 30 minutes that had moved my order to shipping. Not sure what that means, but it looks like I moving again.

What email address did you use , I hit their contact us button and it says to do it during normal business hours , well they are open but there is no address to send to. I ordered a IN STOCK rifle 2 weeks ago that has not shipped.