How did you end up on TGO

wareagle

Google searching different guns and came across the forum. It was still small back then.

When did the forum launch anyways?

Around Jan 2007 I believe. Most of the first members came from David's old msg board, Tennespeed, if I recall the name correctly. 

I think that I came across the site while searching for a 1911 or AR15 during the first Obama scare. I fell for the place instantly because it was different. The people in charge were not wanna- be drill sergeant d*cks and the members were friendly, knowledgable and willing to help a newbie.

We have more members now, but the place still has a small town Tennessee feel to it. I guess that's why no matter where I am I find myself here several times a day just like most of you. Edited by LINKS2K
I was in the market for a Glock and found one here. Lurked for a bit and noticed it was nothing like ar15.com, which I had been a member of a decade ago and was populated by Internet commandos and keyboard rangers. This was nice since everyone here is local and the site is well moderated. I got into it because I can't talk politics at home, so this place is my outlet.
Guest Papabear

I am a carry over from the old car board. David knew I was into guns and invited me not long after the board was stood up. I read alot more than I post as you can tell from my join date and present post count.

Member Since 09 Jul 2007

Tis a long story. About a year after being kidnapped into service on a whaler[...]

You're outdone yourself, Lester. :)

Yep. Lester wins the Internet for a day. Including the parts funneled down the hole. 

I am on here because my wife Googled TN gun forums. 

Member Since 19 Jun 2008

Like most others I was looking for information and ran across TGO. Lots of great info, lots of great guys and gals, lots of BS too but it's all in fun. Lots of fun to read the stuff that happens here like following the escapades of everyones favorite, Kwik. I remember Rabbi and Hexhead! Even some guy called Tungsten!

My regret is that I haven't had the chance to meet too many. Probably the best event has been the 2A meeting at The Armory a couple of years ago. The dinner to celebrate our new ability to carry into restaurants that serve alcohol was fun and I believe that was the first time that I met Nikki. She is a real inspiration! We met at Pie in the Sky Pizza in Cool Springs. If I recall correctly there was a group that met at Hooters in Knoxville and later realized that they were posted! I never got to make it to one of the meet and shoot events like Metalhead had at G&L or the ones at Owl Hollow (?).

David, what a great place you have here! Thanks for all of the time and effort that you have put into TGO over the years.