Just when you thought the GSG-5 threads were done...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Papabear

I can't even find the GSG-5 anywhere and you got one of the new pistols?

Edit: Just looked at the post in the vendor forums. I will check back for prices.

Edited by Papabear
Guest Halfpint

This couldn't have come at a worse time . . . I'm TRYING to save up to pay off all my expenses and put more money in savings. It's bad enough I've already got a USC and a Remington 700/5R in layaway, and am planning on a 14" 870 this August. . .

Uh yeah, I like it. I wouldn't mind seeing one cut down and threaded, with a REAL suppressor on it. But then if I did I'd have to buy "just one more" . . .

For some strange reason, I think these things are pretty cool. Problem is, I've heard/read almost nothing but horror stories while researching the GSG-5.

Most of the complaints have involved distribution and poor quality of the weapon. Many complaints are about anything from the finish being poor, to cracked bolt, to missing parts. The cracked bolt issue really bothered me. What kind of tin can are they building these things out of if a .22 has enough power to crack a bolt? Doesn't this company primarily deal with Airsoft guns?

Does anyone know if their quality control has addressed and fixed these issues?

Edited by TripleDigitRide
Guest Papabear
For some strange reason, I think these things are pretty cool. Problem is, I've heard/read almost nothing but horror stories while researching the GSG-5.

Most of the complaints have involved distribution and poor quality of the weapon. Many complaints are about anything from the finish being poor, to cracked bolt, to missing parts. The cracked bolt issue really bothered me. What kind of tin can are they building these things out of if a .22 has enough power to crack a bolt? Doesn't this company primarily deal with Airsoft guns?

Does anyone know if their quality control has addressed and fixed these issues?

I have read a lot of good reviews on them. It's a fun plinker not much more. The forums on rimfirecentral and ar15.com seem to have alot of very satisfied owners. Many with thousands of rounds through them.

But wouldn't a GLOCK 17 with a 30 round mag accomplish the same objective, and be even more compact?

But, if you like it, you LIKE it!:)

What IS your objective?

These are tacti-cool .22LR range toys....they are not intended to serve the same roll as a Glock 17

I've sold quite a few of them, and havent heard anything but praise from people that actually own them. The distribution problems are a joke. Honestly, it's probably the hotest gun out there right now, and there has been limited supply of them. Dealers who call up and want to order 20 of them out of the blue without ever buying anything from Amchar/<insert other distributor> in the past should not expect to get them allocated to them. Also am seeing some of the collapsable stocks coming in too - might grab one of the pistols myself for a SBR project.

That's pretty much my experience so far. I keep reading about them being very hit or miss in the QC dept. I figure I'll hold off until things settle down a bit.

Guest docvantrease2003

hello guys just got my gsg5 pistol took it to the range an put 350 rounds through it

with out any problems all i need now is the riffle and one question will it be worth the trouble to short barrel the pistol silder stock would be niece thanks