Tomorrow Feinstein's Bill Is To Be Filed

Guest semiautots

You know, allot of people that voted for Obama actually do have guns.  I don't think allot of them will be willing to give them up/register/pay a NFA 200 fee either.  They might be starting to have a change of opinion of their party.

From here on out I expect nothing but high prices and low supply for the foreseeable future.

Frankenstein... and any other gun ban supporter...do they realize how many jobs this will cost... i mean a lot of companies will still produce them for government contracts... but they would loose a ton of business from the public market... lots of people will be laid off, companies fold,  more unemployment... i thought they wanted to create more jobs not run america into the side of a mountain

Frankenstein... and any other gun ban supporter...do they realize how many jobs this will cost... i mean a lot of companies will still produce them for government contracts... but they would loose a ton of business from the public market... lots of people will be laid off, companies fold,  more unemployment... i thought they wanted to create more jobs not run america into the side of a mountain

That IS what the Prez is wanting to do, make the country weaker, easier to control.

The more He can get people to become dependent on the government, the easier

it is to get the hard working Americans to pay higher taxes.

Guest Lester Weevils

By Gawd I think you're right at least by Rassmusen and Gallup, matter of fact Gallup was among the worst predictors as they oversampled Republicans because they blew the estimate on GOP turnout.  I was erroneously reading 2008 poll story earlier.

My own predictions were that the Dems had far superior ground game, could get the vote out much better, which really did seem to be deciding factor overall. I guess MSNBC was able to crow about all the ones that didn't over sample the Dems, 'cause the Dems came out.

Here's a review of the 2012 polling accuracy:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/10/which-polls-fared-best-and-worst-in-the-2012-presidential-race/

Not sure though, the other article I was reading was showing how accurate Gallup was in '08 but the above article says they blew 3 in a row. Well, I'm tired of researching.. I guess the big 3 were the ones that were in the minority and those were the ones that Rove and Morris kept harping on.

Here's pretty up to date poll of polls, judge for yourself. Background check issue seems overwhelming on pretty much all of them:

http://www.pollingreport.com/guns.htm

- OS

Low republican turnout. The republicans didn't like the dog food, and independents didn't like the dog food either. Too bland. The dog food needed more MSG, salt, corn fructose, trans-fats, saturated fats, carcinogenic food coloring and odor enhancers. :)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

I hadn't been paying attention to the "main event" for the last month except to occasionally be amazed at something real dumb that romney or ryan would say on the campaign trail. I had started out really liking ryan and never cared for romney, but ryan seemed to be trying his best to wear out his good will the last month or two.

So took a look at the above poll summary on election day and the overall tally looked like a very narrow path to romney victory. (edit: And a very broad path to obama victory)

Though leftist, Pew, Quinipiac, and PPP sometimes do a dam fine job on accuracy. Maybe they are wrong more often than right, but they were doing pretty good in some previous elections that I was paying attention to.

Edited by Lester Weevils

Moral of the story: Don't let your life be run by a poll. It is pure utter democracy. It is a tool of the media primarily to sway

public opinion and can be manipulated by the way the questions are asked.

Tell your representatives they had better be preserving the Constitution before they look at the next damned poll. It's a

tool of the Devil. We are not a democracy. How about reminding anyone who thinks otherwise to ponder that and quit

looking at polls. There's nothing in their oaths except to protect and defend the Constitution. They had better start doing

it, too.

You could remind them that under enumerated powers their authority doesn't include gun control. This "feel good" mentality

of passing laws for the sake of it has got to stop.

Rassmusen kept saying up to the day before that Romney was ahead, if my recollection serves me, so did Pew. Gallup

even called Romney ahead very close to the end. But they aren't the ones with all these polls on gun control are they?

Mostly just garbage and inaccurate piles of nonsense from the MSM. That doesn't mean much to me. It may to some,

but it may only skew a few voters, not the House.

Anyway, the House won't pass anything remotely related to Feinstein's perennial effort. Nor will the Senate.

Agree. IMHO ar, the polls were probably responsible for so many Romney supporters staying home thinking.........according to the polls Romney had it in the bag.

They're planning a slow steady drip drip approach

Feinsteins bill is the shiny object
Once Obama gets a batfe director, look for various rulings to come from that department. This keeps the politicians hands clean while serving the same goal

I expect prohibitions on the import of parts kits, pistol versions of prohibited "assault rifles" (ie dracos, Yugo pap, pps
  • Like 1

I see no updated news on it today so far...nada update on her own page either, beyond "on the first day of the new Congress"

Maybe Reid has put the mute button on it for a while or something ...and btw, according to him,  it's still the "first day" now, for twenty something days, if you didn't know about that.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
They're planning a slow steady drip drip approach

Feinsteins bill is the shiny object
Once Obama gets a batfe director, look for various rulings to come from that department. This keeps the politicians hands clean while serving the same goal

I expect through power of the beauracracy and the "non-sporting" rules the following:

prohibitions on the import of parts kits and pistol versions of prohibited "assault rifles" (ie dracos, Yugo pap, pps43, etc)

Declaration of saiga 12 as a destructive device

Illegalization of private sales without a background check

Possible mag ban law passed limiting to 20-30 rounds. Thus the 100 round drums get nailed and the Libs feel like they did something. The Fudds will go along with this

Limitations on jnterstate sale of ammunition - either an excise tax or some other fee

They won't be getting any Saiga 12's I know of placing stamps on them. They are shotguns and that is it. They can study and bastardize the law all they want, but until legislation is passed saying otherwise, nope. They run on authorization of existing law, only.

"A change in ATF's position on practical shooting has potential implications for rifle and handgun classifications as well. Therefore, the working group believes that a more thorough and complete assessment is necessary before ATF can consider practical shooting as a generally recognized sporting purpose."

Got not nothing whatsoever to do with sporting and/or practicability. They can study until the cows come home. If that's

how that acting/nominated Director wants to play, he may be playing with fire.

Edited by 6.8 AR

I see quite a large difference between them myself.

One is what every gun buyer in the US already has for new gun purchases.

And yeah, they could already be cheating and have a permanent database of those, too.

- OS

I suspect they already know, at least how many TICS checks you've had.  They may not know what it was for, but hey...connect the dots.  If you have an NFA tax stamp, then there is no guessing at all.

Don't think all of it can not pass because it can. Stay on your reps and make sure they know your stance on the issues or they will let things slide by.

http://youtu.be/wFHgF4OiStw

In the description of the video I put a link to a website that automatically emails your state and federal officials. There's some points already listed, but feel free to add your own info. Not trying to spam the thread, but I wanna keep up the fight!