Trading my AR for 2 ak 74s

Ok well planned on buying the wife an ak74 She likes my 47 but doesnt like the donkey punch so I threw my rifle up for trade and got a fellow responded willing to trade two bulgarian ak74s on nodak spud recievers only 15 rds fired thru each rifle and they come with 8 brand new tapco mags wondering what you guys think about the swap I know the AR is a better rifle especially with all ive done to it but is it better than two rifles? any comments would be appreciated

Edited by plank white
  • Like 1
My wife is not a fan of the donkey punch either, but it's always difficult introducing new things.... give it time.

Now, back to rifles. What kind of AR do you have? Don't count any whiz bang magpul stuff into the value. A $50 grip doesn't add $50 to the rifle. Unless it's a high end rifle (like DD) I'd make the trade. You'll be able to fetch more money for the two AKs down the road if you choose to sell, or if you decide you want something else you can sell the one AK and use the cash towards another addition. Edited by TMF
  • Like 2

this is mine that i will be trading 

15797_443357925713217_225202982_n.jpg

Upper:

Spike's Tactical Upper 223 Rem 556NATO 16"  1:7 Chrome Lined Flat Top
YHM Handguard
Lower:
Is spikes as well all lower parts are also spikes

What is not spikes

Colt m16 fullauto bolt carrier

Magpul ACS stock "FDE"
Primary Arms Minidot with High rise mount and Quik detech base
Edited by plank white
[quote name="plank white" post="892673" timestamp="1358871909"]this is mine that i will be trading      Upper:   Spike's Tactical Upper 223 Rem 556NATO 16"  1:7 Chrome Lined Flat Top YHM Handguard Lower: Is spikes as well all lower parts are also spikes   What is not spikes   Colt m16 fullauto bolt carrier   Magpul ACS stock "FDE" Primary Arms Minidot with High rise mount and Quik detech base[/quote] Looks like a good trade so long as the two AKs aren't jacked up and it has good furniture... not TAPCO crap, but original furniture. I'd retain the Primary Arms sight though. The rail system adds value to your item. He doesn't have any good mags with it? If you have a bunch of AR mags I'd only let a few go with the rifle in the trade (3-4) and use the rest as trade/sale fodder for some good AK74 mags.

Good trade IMO. AK's are going to be very hard to get over the next 4 years and I think prices are going to be going up. I think AR's are going to be dirt cheap by the end of spring and will be much easier to replace. 

Obama can very easily stop imports of weapons and weapon components, not so much with domestically produced AR's.

• Like 1

Good trade IMO. AK's are going to be very hard to get over the next 4 years and I think prices are going to be going up. I think AR's are going to be dirt cheap by the end of spring and will be much easier to replace. 

Obama can very easily stop imports of weapons and weapon components, not so much with domestically produced AR's.

Yeah thats kind of what I was thinking as long as I can find ammo for the dang things

Looks like a good trade so long as the two AKs aren't jacked up and it has good furniture... not TAPCO crap, but original furniture. I'd retain the Primary Arms sight though. The rail system adds value to your item. He doesn't have any good mags with it? If you have a bunch of AR mags I'd only let a few go with the rifle in the trade (3-4) and use the rest as trade/sale fodder for some good AK74 mags.

they dont have no tapco furniture and the mags arent tapco dont know why i said that they are promag still cheap stuff and no they dont come with regular mags I will let him keep the dot sight because that is one of the things he likes about the rifle mine comes with 12 mags though 2 cheapos 7 pmags and 3 troy battle mags Im gonna see about trying to keep the troys good Idea thanks

[quote name="plank white" post="892698" timestamp="1358873196"]Yeah thats kind of what I was thinking as long as I can find ammo for the dang things they dont have no tapco furniture and the mags arent tapco dont know why i said that they are promag still cheap stuff and no they dont come with regular mags I will let him keep the dot sight because that is one of the things he likes about the rifle mine comes with 12 mags though 2 cheapos 7 pmags and 3 troy battle mags Im gonna see about trying to keep the troys good Idea thanks[/quote] Still an okay deal on your end with all that. I assume he is a friend or an acquaintance, otherwise I wouldn't volunteer so many mags on your end without any decent AK74 mags coming from his. AK74 mags ain't cheap right now, and I imagine it'd take two AR mags to fetch decent AK74 mag.

Still an okay deal on your end with all that. I assume he is a friend or an acquaintance, otherwise I wouldn't volunteer so many mags on your end without any decent AK74 mags coming from his. AK74 mags ain't cheap right now, and I imagine it'd take two AR mags to fetch decent AK74 mag.

Well finally got the AKs and I got to keep two of my Pmags with windows and my Troy Battle mags so im happy with the trade the Guns seem solid enough I will know more tomorrow after a trip to the range 

Edited by plank white

I have a 74 that I built from a kit and love it. The ammo has not been as plentiful as one would think for several months . I had been wanting to buy a sealed can for a few months and everyone was out of stock. A local store always had a few boxes so I bought all they had the week after the shooting . Prices was still the same as before .To me ammo availability is the only down side. I prefer the AK's to the AR's but that comes from never having enough money to buy an AR when I was raising kids .

I have 1 Pro Mag for myy 223 AK , and to me it feels cheaper made than the Tapco ones . It has always worked but it just feels funny to me . Anyway they will work for now and you can order som Bulgarian ones when everything settles back down . I have a couple surplus and then several Tapco's .

I had 4 Bulgarian Waffle circle 10 magazines that didn't fit my 223 AK without modifacation . I put them on Gun Brokers and they sold for 300.00 . This is not the time to hunt anything for a AK or AR . It is however a good time to sell . I don't believe the ban will pass and then prices will come back down some. They will probably be some higher than before but less than they are now.

To me , you did good .

Turns out my AKs have Promags on purpose seems these were built from complete parts kits by TGI and have original chrome lined barrels with tack welded muzzle devices and only a certain number of 922r compliant parts so they need american mags..... atleast till I can throw american grips and forearms on them then I can start running good mags 

When I built mine I always thought it was best to make them 922 without the mag. Just in case I was the one they wanted to make an example out of when a evil magazine got stuck in a rifle missing 1 part for the stupid 922. I like the Houge grips and have bought several over the last few years . In a few months you can get the add ons you want .  R T G International has been good as far as mags went but I am sure they are out now .

just took em to the range both are great shooters Im not a fan of the wood furniture on the one but that will be fixed later after I get some funds up ....I did have to take a dremel and file down most of the promags but I hear thats common so no biggie everything seems to be working flawlessly