Federal Assault Weapons Ban: Proposed this Thursday

Guest Lester Weevils

Still guilty of libel in California and New York, but TN has no extradition treaty.

Decades ago I played piano at a hotel bar. A perpetually drunk elderly lawyer was a fixture at the bar when he wasn't drunk in his hotel room or drunk in court. A fun conversationalist. Another fixture at the bar had been victim of scandalous stories so I asked the lawyer if our acquaintance should sue for libel. The lawyer cautioned that one must assure that scandalous stories are in fact false. The lawyer claimed that speaking the truth is not libel, even if the truth had been spoken with malevolent intent.

If the old drunk lawyer was correct, then perhaps Mike would be libel-suit-proof with the defense that his allegations are true? At least the libel suit would open Mike's allegations for discovery? Some of Mike's allegations are visually obvious to any non-blind juror, though discovery on the non-obvious allegations would be fun. :)

Guest Springfield1911guy

Biden's running for the hills away from any talk of gun bans and praying for the magazine ban.  But, he says we don't need them after an earthquake.  A shotgun'll do nicely.  Oh, and he's really bad at math:

"Biden said that gunman, who had 30-round magazines, had to swap out "four or five times." If limited to 10 rounds, however, the vice president argued the gunman would have had to swap out 25 or 30 times."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/24/bidens-gun-advice-for-earthquakes/

Just proving once again what a total idiot he is. Like we didn't already know..lol.

Guest Lester Weevils

Biden's running for the hills away from any talk of gun bans and praying for the magazine ban.  But, he says we don't need them after an earthquake.  A shotgun'll do nicely.  Oh, and he's really bad at math:

"Biden said that gunman, who had 30-round magazines, had to swap out "four or five times." If limited to 10 rounds, however, the vice president argued the gunman would have had to swap out 25 or 30 times."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/24/bidens-gun-advice-for-earthquakes/

Aw c'mon, he was only off by a factor of two. :)

"We fail to understand the power of estimation in an age where people would rather get an answer that is wrong to seven decimal places than get the right one to three." E. M. Van Court

[just joking]

“We have an obligation to act -- not wait,” Biden told reporters..." Sounds like Joe, doesn't it? The only obligation to act is

for him to put on a clown suit. I hope I outlive this administration. Frustrating.

“We have an obligation to act -- not wait,” Biden told reporters..." Sounds like Joe, doesn't it? The only obligation to act is

for him to put on a clown suit. I hope I outlive this administration. Frustrating.

Bright side... they're crapping in their own beds right now.

Guest Lester Weevils

Feinstein's "wall of guns" in her presentation is interesting. Wonder why she found it necessary to put 10 identical AK-47's on the wall? [just joking]

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/50580494#50580494

All seriousness aside, the selection is interesting. Perhaps Feinsteins proposed assault weapons ban should be more properly titled-- The Ugly and/or Weird Looking Gun Ban of 2013.

-- A jam-o-matic tec 9

-- A hump-back-whale Hi-Point rifle. Is it even possible to buy hump-back-whale mags with capacity greater than 10 rounds?

-- A beretta storm rifle with what looks like a 30 rd mag. Maybe I'm wrong, but the max capacity of reliable CX4 9mm factory mags is 20, and I've not heard of 30 rd third party mags which have a reputation for anything except jam-o-matics. Of course even a 15 or 20 rd factory mag is evil, but c'mon. If a nut goes on a spree with a CX4, don't you WANT him to use the 30 rd jam-o-matic mags, rather than deadly reliable 10, 15, or 20 rd factory mags?

Edited by Lester Weevils

Feinstein's "wall of guns" in her presentation is interesting. Wonder why she found it necessary to put 10 identical AK-47's on the wall? [just joking]

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/50580494#50580494

All seriousness aside, the selection is interesting. Perhaps Feinsteins proposed assault weapons ban should be more properly titled-- The Ugly and/or Weird Looking Gun Ban of 2013.

-- A jam-o-matic tec 9

-- A hump-back-whale Hi-Point rifle. Is it even possible to buy hump-back-whale mags with capacity greater than 10 rounds?

-- A beretta storm rifle with what looks like a 30 rd mag. Maybe I'm wrong, but the max capacity of reliable CX4 9mm factory mags is 20, and I've not heard of 30 rd third party mags which have a reputation for anything except jam-o-matics. Of course even a 15 or 20 rd factory mag is evil, but c'mon. If a nut goes on a spree with a CX4, don't you WANT him to use the 30 rd jam-o-matic mags, rather than deadly reliable 10, 15, or 20 rd factory mags?

Liberal Retards at their best. Dog and pony show to sell their snake oil to gullible folks.

A fifteenth century New England Bar-B-Que at the steak is in order.

Now, I feel even better than you :rofl:

Not to be picky, but that might get you in trouble in some circles. Besides, if you're gonna waste a good fire, a bunch of old boots may be tastier :) I don't think you could get rid of all the fecal matter. Certainly wouldn't be as easy as a bucket of chiittlin's

Edited by mikegideon